8 Pages«<5678>
Martha Karua 4 President.
Lolest!
#121 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:20:56 PM

BTW, Karua has no politicians behind her. Sonko, Kabogo etc are in the UK Camp
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
niclasclause
#122 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:44:36 PM

Martha Karua is a joke always has been and always will be.
First she plans to hold the launch in Kamukunji then she changes her mind and decides a museum is the best place to launch it.
Clearly a museum is where you keep old artifacts or dead corpses of ancient Egyptian pharaohs. Her party is dead. She knows it but decides to spoil the votes. think about it. How do you have only one MP come to your presidential bid? This is a joke. She should quit and save face.
Then She speaks of ending corruption. What did she do when she was Minister for Justice and Constitutional Affairs? She failed and gave us that excuse of interference from the top. An iron lady is not supposed to give excuses.
Impunity
#123 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:50:57 PM

niclasclause wrote:
First she plans to hold the launch in Kamukunji then she changes her mind and decides a museum is the best place to launch it.
Clearly a museum is where you keep old artifacts or dead corpses of ancient Egyptian pharaohs. Her party is dead. She knows it but decides to spoil the votes. think about it. How do you have only one MP come to your presidential bid? This is a joke. She should quit and save face.
Then She speaks of ending corruption. What did she do when she was Minister for Justice and Constitutional Affairs? She failed and gave us that excuse of interference from the top. An iron lady is not supposed to give excuses.

Museum!!!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

famooz
#124 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:24:55 PM

niclasclause wrote:

@ niclasclause,yaani the first thing you do after registering on wazua is to launch a scathing attack on Madam president in waiting?smile

Narc-Kenya is not dead,while i think that Martha can do better to endare herself to voters,i would not be so quick to write her off so fast.....atleast not until early next year.
After all the campaigns in Kirinyaga by-election,Nark-Kenya candidate got 2000 votes less than the PNU guy...is that dead to you? mind you all PNU bigwigs had camped there just campaigning......

ecstacy
#125 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:28:14 PM

@famooz, you will not hear of a better candidate from this ilk or what Mr flip flop stands for amidst the flip flopping.
njugunajohn
#126 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:57:33 PM

Martha Karua for president sounds wrong. Save Karura forest would have sounded better. Where to start.... I wonder.
Martha has never done anything for this country. At least Koigi grew dreadlocks for the country. But all that Martha does is talk. These are the kind of people who love listening to their own voice. They talk and talk and talk and do nothing.
She has been Minister and was credited with doing absolutely nothing.
Even the likes of Mutula who are KANU born and bred and helped KANU do nothing for 24 years have at least left us with a new constitution.
Mungatana needs to grow up and move away from dear old mum.
He will kill his political career if he continues on this path.
I'm sure he must have felt embarrassed being the only MP at the event. I'm sure he will start reconsidering his political future seeing the likes of Mbuvi and Kabogo did not even give the event the light of day.
I agree, she had not thought it through when she picked the museum.
willin2learn
#127 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:29:05 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
@Selah, a common mwananchi asks. "Kwani ni Central pekee ndio inaweza toa president...?"...This particular sentiment works against her at this particular point

@Nonstopp.....And what's the difference between common mwananchi and you. You keep quoting Central Kenya in your argurment.

Compared to the others who have expressed interest she fares better in Accountability, transparency and confronting other vice. That's she ranks highest on my radar!

nostoppingthis
#128 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:45:24 PM

willin2learn wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
@Selah, a common mwananchi asks. "Kwani ni Central pekee ndio inaweza toa president...?"...This particular sentiment works against her at this particular point

@Nonstopp.....And what's the difference between common mwananchi and you. You keep quoting Central Kenya in your argurment.

Compared to the others who have expressed interest she fares better in Accountability, transparency and confronting other vice. That's she ranks highest on my radar!

She remains ranked higher on your radar...good for you (and possibly her)....are you denying anything i mentioned about Central Kenya...I have on one of my posts admitted to Kenyan politics being tribal whether common mwananchi or not, but these are the facts...ama because no one is willing to ask them on this forum?
samsonobure
#129 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:49:56 PM

famooz wrote:
niclasclause wrote:

@ niclasclause,yaani the first thing you do after registering on wazua is to launch a scathing attack on Madam president in waiting?smile

Narc-Kenya is not dead,while i think that Martha can do better to endare herself to voters,i would not be so quick to write her off so fast.....atleast not until early next year.
After all the campaigns in Kirinyaga by-election,Nark-Kenya candidate got 2000 votes less than the PNU guy...is that dead to you? mind you all PNU bigwigs had camped there just campaigning......

Famooz, I'm also new on wazua and I wonder why you decided to baptize a newbie by fire.
The reason why Narc-Kenya is dead is because it was revived from the dead Narc in the first place.
I think zombies are called the walking dead.
If you resurrect a carcass, what you get is a brainless animate chunk of meat that smells of rot.
I'm not saying that Narc-Kenya is brainless and rotting, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a newbie to relent from expressing his view about politics when it is clear that he might have joined this forum for the express purpose of doing that.
I'm sure the topics that really trend here are on politics and not many people are really interested in much else.
Maybe business, technology and the arts play a role here, but the world over, politics is what keeps media houses profitable.
Concerning the Martha Karua launch so that I don't deviate from the main topic of this particular post, I think it's too early for Kenya to be wielding a female candidate.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a chauvinist or anything, but think about it countries that pride themselves as being beacons of democracy and equality such as the US opted to pick a black guy with first generation African roots over a white woman. It's not yet time for Martha.
I see a situation where she will only end up running her bank accounts dry and those of her political supporters.
It's a pretty bad sign when you only get one MP to back you on your presidential bid. It's really bad.
Concerning the Kirinyaga elections think about it this way.
The people did not vote for Karaba because of Martha Karua or because he was from Narc Kenya. They had already cast votes for him during the 2007 elections. It's not as though they had an epiphany and decided they were going to vote for him.
No one who would run for an elected position would come out empty. He would at least get his own vote asuming he voted for himself. In Kenya the name or the ideals of a party don't matter. Would Raila's supporters have refused to vote for him if he had ran on a party ticket of a party with a different name than ODM. His supporters would have voted for him even if he had run on a ticket of a party called 'Raila for Kibaki's Re-election Party - RKRP'.
Finally, Karua talked about the issues she was planning to tackle if elected. There was nothing new or spectacular about that. Probably these are the issues being wielded by politicians all over the world. There is hunger in the entire world. Exporting of jobs is also an issue worldwide where the likes of Obama are having a hard time explaining to their people how they are going to stimulate local production and exports. It's also not as though she is the first woman to run for presidency in Kenya. The slogan also wasn't revolutionary. It was just a reincarnation of the same old things we've been hearing from long before Matiba's time. A bone I have to pick with Martha Karua is that when she was given the power to prosecute all who had stolen state property during her stint as Minister for Justice, she decided to go the way of the coward and quit. This was not honorable and I can't help but wonder if she would quit on the country if she were unable to solve the systemic problems that plague us and cite lack of resources as the reason.
gathinga
#130 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:54:14 PM

McReggae wrote:
B.Timer wrote:
I continue to say
As long as Karua continues to operate outside the MAINSTREAM she has a snowball chance in hell.

She will only make an insignificant statistic, - an 'also run'

...I will keep agreeing with this!!!!

gathinga, mla mamba attended!!!

@McReggae. noted. but for her to command only mla mamba is condensing. cant imagine even Khalwale didn't attend and the way Narc Kenya inamtolea suruari kule ikolomani by-election
ecstacy
#131 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:56:09 PM

@Obure, who would you vote for?
gohill
#132 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:31:00 PM

samsonobure wrote:
famooz wrote:
niclasclause wrote:

Famooz, I'm also new on wazua and I wonder why you decided to baptize a newbie by fire.
The reason why Narc-Kenya is dead is because it was revived from the dead Narc in the first place.
I think zombies are called the walking dead.
If you resurrect a carcass, what you get is a brainless animate chunk of meat that smells of rot.
I'm not saying that Narc-Kenya is brainless and rotting, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a newbie to relent from expressing his view about politics when it is clear that he might have joined this forum for the express purpose of doing that.
I'm sure the topics that really trend here are on politics and not many people are really interested in much else.
Maybe business, technology and the arts play a role here, but the world over, politics is what keeps media houses profitable.
Concerning the Martha Karua launch so that I don't deviate from the main topic of this particular post, I think it's too early for Kenya to be wielding a female candidate.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a chauvinist or anything, but think about it countries that pride themselves as being beacons of democracy and equality such as the US opted to pick a black guy with first generation African roots over a white woman. It's not yet time for Martha.
I see a situation where she will only end up running her bank accounts dry and those of her political supporters.
It's a pretty bad sign when you only get one MP to back you on your presidential bid. It's really bad.
Concerning the Kirinyaga elections think about it this way.
The people did not vote for Karaba because of Martha Karua or because he was from Narc Kenya. They had already cast votes for him during the 2007 elections. It's not as though they had an epiphany and decided they were going to vote for him.
No one who would run for an elected position would come out empty. He would at least get his own vote asuming he voted for himself. In Kenya the name or the ideals of a party don't matter. Would Raila's supporters have refused to vote for him if he had ran on a party ticket of a party with a different name than ODM. His supporters would have voted for him even if he had run on a ticket of a party called 'Raila for Kibaki's Re-election Party - RKRP'.
Finally, Karua talked about the issues she was planning to tackle if elected. There was nothing new or spectacular about that. Probably these are the issues being wielded by politicians all over the world. There is hunger in the entire world. Exporting of jobs is also an issue worldwide where the likes of Obama are having a hard time explaining to their people how they are going to stimulate local production and exports. It's also not as though she is the first woman to run for presidency in Kenya. The slogan also wasn't revolutionary. It was just a reincarnation of the same old things we've been hearing from long before Matiba's time. A bone I have to pick with Martha Karua is that when she was given the power to prosecute all who had stolen state property during her stint as Minister for Justice, she decided to go the way of the coward and quit. This was not honorable and I can't help but wonder if she would quit on the country if she were unable to solve the systemic problems that plague us and cite lack of resources as the reason.

Waah, people can write. I just read the first two lines and the last two. I wish it was a bit summarized. Thanks for the essay.
famooz
#133 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:05:09 PM

@ gohill,i saw the response and was like wohoho hold on!

@ samsonobure,All newbies are welcome here! lest wazua deletes my account on account of baptising newbies with fire:)

Could you please weka bullet points then i will respond? :D . i don do well at all with long responses

Ngalaka
#134 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:15:52 PM

selah wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
famooz wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
@Ngalaka, Applause Applause all contendors have their faults, we choose not to see it, when we believe they are the "best" candidates...

I believe we see,but accept that hakuna malaika in politics and choose the lesser evil- based on our value system,things that means something to us etc.
To fault Karua for her stance in 2007 in my opinion is pretentious ( that word again!).

I have said it before that to expect that the next administration will be scandal free is to live is utopia. Even the big 'democracies'; who are ever breathing down our necks have their fair share of scandals...........watu watakula,the question will be who will kula without bringing the country to its knees?

@famooz

I quite agree.
We can never get an Angel.

But what I dont like is the pretentious stance adopted by Karua that she is the nice one all of a sudden when she stood for and defended all the evils just the other day.

Hypocrisy not good for me.

It amazes me how easily many of us are swept off their feet by these lies.

Instead of blanket condemnation just list a few of his 'pretentious' and 'hypocrisy' incidences that you have and save us from being swept away by her charms.

Martha Karua is a role model to many and does not play to partisan politics that characterizes most politicians.She is also a respecter of the law.

The media blackout of her activities shows she is a force to reckon with especially among the youth.

There is a poll going around on Facebook she is actually second to Raila.But as yo know most young people dont vote and its a challenge to her To do what Obama did and mobilize this force to the ballot,Then Kenya will surely have a great Leader.

All in all God know who is a good leader just listen to your spirit not your head.

I put down the points in my earlier post.
You care you may refer post 86 & 94
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
samsonobure
#135 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:43:25 PM

Martha, please go back to the school of politics. Is 1 measly MP enough to launch a presidential bid? Mulamamba is the only one who has stuck around and I wonder why?

The ship is sinking and guys are jumping off and all your doing is holding a banquet....reminds me of Titanic and those sorts of movies.

Back to the point. Why did you decide Kamukunji was not good enough for you? Or was it that you were not good enough for Kamukunji? Your critics are having a ball with this museum thing. You know.... Tin Tin at the museum..... Night at the museum...... Mummies, cowboys, pirates, that sort of thing. Maybe cowboys and pirates is overdoing it.... hehehe.
famooz
#136 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:34:37 PM

samsonobure wrote:
Martha, please go back to the school of politics. Is 1 measly MP enough to launch a presidential bid? Mulamamba is the only one who has stuck around and I wonder why?

The ship is sinking and guys are jumping off and all your doing is holding a banquet....reminds me of Titanic and those sorts of movies.

Back to the point. Why did you decide Kamukunji was not good enough for you? Or was it that you were not good enough for Kamukunji? Your critics are having a ball with this museum thing. You know.... Tin Tin at the museum..... Night at the museum...... Mummies, cowboys, pirates, that sort of thing. Maybe cowboys and pirates is overdoing it.... hehehe.

aish,umejitokeza as a Martha basher! Haki yako! but you will realise that she has supporters,even in this forum.
Ngalaka
#137 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 6:56:34 AM

Quote:

Ngalaka
#86 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:27:59 PM

Other than being forceful Martha is just another politician dotting our political landscape period!

Like the rest of the pack she plays the politics of self interest.

She only ditched Kibaki when she realised she wasnt very well placed in his grand succesion matrix.
Only then She began playing rogue and eventualy organised her perfect exit plan - playing victim.

What Martha is playing today is pure populist politics.

Otherwise how does anyone explain her posturing during Kibakis first term:

-She defended the Aglo leasing scandal and its players.

-She defended the Mamluki fiasco.

She scorned those who chose to fight NO during the 2005 referundun - going to an extend of calling the Northen Kenya communities Refugess!

She helped Kibaki withold all the commission of enquiry reports.

She adopted as see no evil hear no evil approach in Govt.

Kibaki of 2nd term is an Angel compared to that of 1st term, yet conveniently she only saw his faults in his second term!!

Yet She was his most ardent defender.

It's all about positioning herself to hoodwink Kenyans.

Self interests and a headstrong character(she once tried to kick box Raila)!

Pass her on us!!!

Quote:
Ngalaka
#94 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 8:18:58 PM

Quote:
Selah wrote;

Quote:
Your chronology of events are biased in that you claim Martha fell out with Kibaki on his second term actually Narc kenya was formed in his first term 2006 to be specific.After Githongo dossier painted a corrupt govt Martha started distancing her self with The Kiabaki brigade.

During her term as a justice minister most reform agenda were mooted including fast tracking referendum.

Its quite a pity that you would equate her silence on evils committed by Kibaki to being supportive of those evils.

As I said earlier unless you have something this lady said that was not true or was misleading to the public or was not for the public good please innuendos and witch hunting will not fly.

Dishonesty or blind following!!

Narc Kenya was formed by the whole lot and caboodle of Kibaki brigade after Ngilu refused to let go of the original NARC.
All of Kiraitu, Saitoti, Kituyi participated in the formation of Nark Kenya and went out to popularise it, with Kibakis blessings.
On some belated advise, Kibaki changed his mind - about joining it.
Then PNU was cobbled together, less than 4months before the elections.
This annoyed Kituyi and Martha a great deal!!, but they had to eat humble pie and join PNU albeit as a corporate members - via Narc Kenya.
Martha only took over a moribund Narck Kenya after 2007 elections and was elected its chair.

You are well aware that Martha fell out with Kibaki just the other day well into Kibakis 2nd term!

The 2010 referundum was a result of the Annan chaired negotiations, - part of Agenda 4, as agreed at Serena and passed in Parliament- Karua cant purport to take any credit.

Did you say she was silent on Kibakis misdeeds!!

she defended all of them vigorously - as Minister for justice.
Werent you in Kenya!!!!

Remember her interviews on Telly and even on BBC!!

She even oppossed minimal reforms to create a better environment for 2007 elections!
She defended Kibaki's action to unilaterally appoint ECK commissioners in disregard for IPPG.

At serena during the National reconciliation talks, she was the most uncompromising and came out as an unrealistic hardliner.
That is a big setback for someone gunning for President.
You cannot stick too strongly to your opinions - what if you are wrong.

Her temperament is yet another set back.

I recognise that, like everybody else, she has her positive side too.

However, the negatives are too grave for a President aspirant.

What with all the insults she hurled at the Western Countries' Ammbassadors and even our guest Annan during the Serena talks.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
YesuWangu
#138 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 11:01:37 AM

njugunajohn wrote:
Martha Karua for president sounds wrong. Save Karura forest would have sounded better. Where to start.... I wonder.
Martha has never done anything for this country. At least Koigi grew dreadlocks for the country. But all that Martha does is talk. These are the kind of people who love listening to their own voice. They talk and talk and talk and do nothing.
She has been Minister and was credited with doing absolutely nothing.
Even the likes of Mutula who are KANU born and bred and helped KANU do nothing for 24 years have at least left us with a new constitution.
Mungatana needs to grow up and move away from dear old mum.
He will kill his political career if he continues on this path.
I'm sure he must have felt embarrassed being the only MP at the event. I'm sure he will start reconsidering his political future seeing the likes of Mbuvi and Kabogo did not even give the event the light of day.
I agree, she had not thought it through when she picked the museum.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I remember the fanfare it was when these dreadlocks were cut. A barber from ashleys or where was he from? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Wa_ithaka
#139 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 1:27:10 PM

"I declare I know no other man but Father Wamugunda"
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
B.Timer
#140 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 6:21:40 PM

Flight of fantasy aborting!
Reality will be sinking in due course.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...70/-/g07vx7/-/index.html
Dunia ni msongamano..