wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<45678>
Martha Karua 4 President.
Ngalaka
#101 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:31:34 PM

famooz wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
@Ngalaka, Applause Applause all contendors have their faults, we choose not to see it, when we believe they are the "best" candidates...

I believe we see,but accept that hakuna malaika in politics and choose the lesser evil- based on our value system,things that means something to us etc.
To fault Karua for her stance in 2007 in my opinion is pretentious ( that word again!).

I have said it before that to expect that the next administration will be scandal free is to live is utopia. Even the big 'democracies'; who are ever breathing down our necks have their fair share of scandals...........watu watakula,the question will be who will kula without bringing the country to its knees?

@famooz

I quite agree.
We can never get an Angel.

But what I dont like is the pretentious stance adopted by Karua that she is the nice one all of a sudden when she stood for and defended all the evils just the other day.

Hypocrisy not good for me.

It amazes me how easily many of us are swept off their feet by these lies.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
B.Timer
#102 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:55:02 PM

I continue to say
As long as Karua continues to operate outside the MAINSTREAM she has a snowball chance in hell.

She will only make an insignificant statistic, - an 'also run'
Dunia ni msongamano..
kerich
#103 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:03:11 PM

Magigi
#104 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:15:35 PM

[quote=kerich]

The launch was a big yawn.

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/ilrwh1z/-/index.html[/quote]

@Kerich
...Please let us not kill a dream...I was there and I did not yawn!!!
kyt
#105 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:06:24 AM

Martha karua is the kenyan version of obama, but she will not be voted in because
1. She is kiuk
2. She is a woman
its sad mad situation.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Lolest!
#106 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:46:57 AM

kyt wrote:
Martha karua is the kenyan version of obama, but she will not be voted in because
1. She is kiuk
2. She is a woman
its sad mad situation.

haiya, being a woman is still a shortcoming? Being kyuk was a crime in 2007 too
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
simonkabz
#107 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:06:09 AM

Should UK be knocked out of the race, she could have done well with his blessings, coz democraZy is simply a game of NUMBERS. Now that she wont get them, the museum is terribly symbolic!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
smano
#108 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:26:19 AM

@Lolest, unfortunately that is the reality mashinani.

She has my vote any day all day - even if Kenya has not reached that level of democracy,I will still vote for her because she has principles
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
nostoppingthis
#109 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:02:37 AM

smano wrote:
@Lolest, unfortunately that is the reality mashinani.

She has my vote any day all day - even if Kenya has not reached that level of democracy,I will still vote for her because she has principles

@Smano, what if she decides to back another presidential candidate, will you vote for that person, assuming their principles are the same at that point...?
selah
#110 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:16:12 AM

Ngalaka wrote:
famooz wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
@Ngalaka, Applause Applause all contendors have their faults, we choose not to see it, when we believe they are the "best" candidates...

I believe we see,but accept that hakuna malaika in politics and choose the lesser evil- based on our value system,things that means something to us etc.
To fault Karua for her stance in 2007 in my opinion is pretentious ( that word again!).

I have said it before that to expect that the next administration will be scandal free is to live is utopia. Even the big 'democracies'; who are ever breathing down our necks have their fair share of scandals...........watu watakula,the question will be who will kula without bringing the country to its knees?

@famooz

I quite agree.
We can never get an Angel.

But what I dont like is the pretentious stance adopted by Karua that she is the nice one all of a sudden when she stood for and defended all the evils just the other day.

Hypocrisy not good for me.

It amazes me how easily many of us are swept off their feet by these lies.

Instead of blanket condemnation just list a few of his 'pretentious' and 'hypocrisy' incidences that you have and save us from being swept away by her charms.

Martha Karua is a role model to many and does not play to partisan politics that characterizes most politicians.She is also a respecter of the law.

The media blackout of her activities shows she is a force to reckon with especially among the youth.

There is a poll going around on Facebook she is actually second to Raila.But as yo know most young people dont vote and its a challenge to her To do what Obama did and mobilize this force to the ballot,Then Kenya will surely have a great Leader.

All in all God know who is a good leader just listen to your spirit not your head.

'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
nostoppingthis
#111 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:52:12 AM

@Selah, a common mwananchi asks. "Kwani ni Central pekee ndio inaweza toa president...?"...This particular sentiment works against her at this particular point
selah
#112 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:12:30 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:
@Selah, a common mwananchi asks. "Kwani ni Central pekee ndio inaweza toa president...?"...This particular sentiment works against her at this particular point

The same sentiment Nigerias muslim North was using against GOODLUCK.

Are we now going to vote people in office based on their ethnicity or on Merits.

yesterdays police recruitment highlighted a very crucial point about ethnicity.In Mombasa very few pple turned up for the recruitment while in Nyeri the number was too huge the vetting was made more vigorous to cut the number.Now how do you maintain a balance in such case.

Raila would have been my choice but his performance in the coalition govt has made me wonder if he has anything to offer to kenyans...kazi kwa vijana is a sham and lacks clear thought strategy to sustain itself...its even laughable that IMF is giving the Govt loans to sustain the program.

Listening to what Karua is offering I think his ideas in jump starting the economy resonate well with mine,and thats enough for me.Ethnicity or regional politics has got no bearing in what i believe in.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
nostoppingthis
#113 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:20:14 AM

selah wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

The same sentiment Nigerias muslim North was using against GOODLUCK.

Are we now going to vote people in office based on their ethnicity or on Merits.

yesterdays police recruitment highlighted a very crucial point about ethnicity.In Mombasa very few pple turned up for the recruitment while in Nyeri the number was too huge the vetting was made more vigorous to cut the number.Now how do you maintain a balance in such case.

Raila would have been my choice but his performance in the coalition govt has made me wonder if he has anything to offer to kenyans...kazi kwa vijana is a sham and lacks clear thought strategy to sustain itself...its even laughable that IMF is giving the Govt loans to sustain the program.

Listening to what Karua is offering I think his ideas in jump starting the economy resonate well with mine,and thats enough for me.Ethnicity or regional politics has got no bearing in what i believe in.

Again I ask, who is the president in this country? Does he only take credit when things are good. Mostly silent, when things look grim...we need a person who rises up to the challenge and especially when he/she has complete control...
kingfisher
#114 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:21:43 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:

So will you be voting for a community and not an individual for president??? Toka ngizani rafiki.

Now on Karua... when obama started for senatorial he was written off. When he tried the DP nominations he was not even considered a spoiler. but we all know what happened and now is history. And before you bay for my blood, i am not equaling karua to obama, or even comparing the two, just the way the scenario might play itself.

point is, don't write off nobody, not yet.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
gathinga
#115 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:30:17 AM

kingfisher wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

So will you be voting for a community and not an individual for president??? Toka ngizani rafiki.

Now on Karua... when obama started for senatorial he was written off. When he tried the DP nominations he was not even considered a spoiler. but we all know what happened and now is history. And before you bay for my blood, i am not equaling karua to obama, or even comparing the two, just the way the scenario might play itself.

point is, don't write off nobody, not yet.

Cant Martha Karua at least keep loyalties. I didn't see Mamba at her launch, yet he has been her staunchest prominent supporter. other notable absentees are Asman Kamama, Githae
nostoppingthis
#116 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:32:57 AM

@King, much as we hate to admit it, our politics is tribal, and even if me and you vote for candidates outside our tribes, majority will vote in line with tribe...kweli rongo? Central Kenya is yet to go into the polls without a presidential candidate and fact is that once decided, that candidate is voted for overwhelmingly for president...I strongly believe that Baks had the opportunity to kill tribalism back in 2002, well that ship sailed....
Impunity
#117 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:36:45 AM

All her Mpigs gave the launch a wide berth save for only Mungatana.
Even the likes of Sonkos and fellow pharmacists did not care.
She has a massive mountain to climb even to garner ka-quarter of a million ballots.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

McReggae
#118 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:52:04 AM

B.Timer wrote:
I continue to say
As long as Karua continues to operate outside the MAINSTREAM she has a snowball chance in hell.

She will only make an insignificant statistic, - an 'also run'

...I will keep agreeing with this!!!!

gathinga, mla mamba attended!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
ecstacy
#119 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:18:10 PM

Go Martha!!
Lolest!
#120 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:18:56 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
@King, much as we hate to admit it, our politics is tribal, and even if me and you vote for candidates outside our tribes, majority will vote in line with tribe...kweli rongo? Central Kenya is yet to go into the polls without a presidential candidate and fact is that once decided, that candidate is voted for overwhelmingly for president...I strongly believe that Baks had the opportunity to kill tribalism back in 2002, well that ship sailed....

Applause Applause
Finally something we can agree on!!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray