Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<34567>
Japanese Car Exporters
Tokyo
#81 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 9:44:11 AM

mthaka wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:
what if they arrive next year ,will they be allowed in since it will be 2014?

Don't worry. They will be allowed

please explain

Ship departure not arrival. Hope you understand now
work to prosper
vky
#82 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 1:32:25 PM

Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:

please explain

according to my experience with KRA, this might not be the case being that i had imported a car for a friend at a time when KRA revises its CRSP list, the vessel arrived a day before the new list took effect so we paid taxes the same day using the old CRSP list when we went to get the car from the CFS in coast the guys there refused to release the car citing that we should have applied the new CRSP list in paying the taxes, now, if we used the new CRSP it would mean that we pay an extra 200k in taxes as per the new list.
i took up the matter with the valuation dept. at times tower and explained to them my case, the issue for determination was when does the new CRSP list take effect viz the date of arrival of the vessel,to cut the story short the car was released without paying the additional taxes.
extrapolating on the above, would a car that at the time of shipping met the requirements of the 8yr rule but at the time of arrival of the vessel the car is over 8yrs old, would it be allowed in? me thinks not, but anyone who has been caught up in such can shed more light
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
pleasecallme
#83 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 2:26:15 PM

MV duty calculation from KRA website :
[[
The CIF value of the vehicle is also deduced from the Current Retail Selling Price (CRSP) of the vehicle
]]

So does it mean the new CIF calculated with CRSP variable overrides the CIF value indicated by the seller? Someone please clarify.
You kill bird...bird dead snake come.
Prime
#84 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 3:51:24 PM

pleasecallme wrote:
[[
The CIF value of the vehicle is also deduced from the Current Retail Selling Price (CRSP) of the vehicle
]]

So does it mean the new CIF calculated with CRSP variable overrides the CIF value indicated by the seller? Someone please clarify.

Yes. The CSRP overides the value given by the seller. This brings about uniformity in calculation of duty. And avoid issues of the seller receiving the agreed amount of cash then issuing an undervalued invoice which is required when clearing the car. When calculating duty just forget the amount the seller has indicated in the invoice. Although we still use the undervalued invoice to reduce the Railway Development Levy amount
pleasecallme
#85 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 4:15:30 PM

Prime wrote:
pleasecallme wrote:
[[
]]

Yes. The CSRP overides the value given by the seller. This brings about uniformity in calculation of duty. And avoid issues of the seller receiving the agreed amount of cash then issuing an undervalued invoice which is required when clearing the car. When calculating duty just forget the amount the seller has indicated in the invoice. Although we still use the undervalued invoice to reduce the Railway Development Levy amount

Thanks @Prime
You kill bird...bird dead snake come.
mthaka
#86 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:33:54 PM

Dear me

IF you make the payment by end of 25th Oct,
You will receive the car end of Dec at Mombasa.

Best regards
Mashi

Do we go ahead and pay for this car???given the time ..will it be late???
Prime
#87 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:30:12 PM

mthaka wrote:
Dear me

Best regards
Mashi

Mthaka, I may not be in a position to advice you on whether you should go for it or not. But in the event that you decide to take it, Make sure that you use a CFS that gives 21 days and above free storage. The longer the better. Something usually crops up at the end of the year when the exporters give crazy discounts and guys buy in droves. Then somehow you end up hearing that there is a shortage of number-plates or some other reason. Many end up losing the savings they had made when purchasing in paying for demurrage.
jerry
#88 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:54:34 PM

vky wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:

please explain

according to my experience with KRA, this might not be the case being that i had imported a car for a friend at a time when KRA revises its CRSP list, the vessel arrived a day before the new list took effect so we paid taxes the same day using the old CRSP list when we went to get the car from the CFS in coast the guys there refused to release the car citing that we should have applied the new CRSP list in paying the taxes, now, if we used the new CRSP it would mean that we pay an extra 200k in taxes as per the new list.
i took up the matter with the valuation dept. at times tower and explained to them my case, the issue for determination was when does the new CRSP list take effect viz the date of arrival of the vessel,to cut the story short the car was released without paying the additional taxes.
extrapolating on the above, would a car that at the time of shipping met the requirements of the 8yr rule but at the time of arrival of the vessel the car is over 8yrs old, would it be allowed in? me thinks not, but anyone who has been caught up in such can shed more light

Eagerly waiting for the ans!
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Tokyo
#89 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:55:28 AM

mthaka wrote:
Dear me

Best regards
Mashi

If you can get a genuine honest exporter, its possible to get it late November or early Dec latest. there is a Vessel departing Nov 4. But under the current situation, you should be wary of 2006 models. But if you need the cheapest car, buy Nov 15 , Jevic and booking immediately and ship Nov22/23 vessel.
work to prosper
MistaDoms
#90 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 2:16:41 PM

Hello good folks!

Quick Question, Does KRA check the year of manufacture or also check plus the month to calculate duty? reason im asking If I bring any 2006(01-09) Do i get penalised??
Tebes
#91 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 3:18:30 PM

MistaDoms wrote:
Hello good folks!

Quick Question, Does KRA check the year of manufacture or also check plus the month to calculate duty? reason im asking If I bring any 2006(01-09) Do i get penalised??

Yes, Depreciation for 2006/12 is lower than that of 2006/8 for same vehicle make and model. Hence you pay higher duty for the 2006/12 unit than the duty for 2006/8 unit. However if the invoice value is higher than depreciated CRSP, then the Invoice value becomes the customs value. They collect whichever is higher.
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
MistaDoms
#92 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 3:52:23 PM

Tebes wrote:
MistaDoms wrote:
Hello good folks!

Yes, Depreciation for 2006/12 is lower than that of 2006/8 for same vehicle make and model. Hence you pay higher duty for the 2006/12 unit than the duty for 2006/8 unit. However if the invoice value is higher than depreciated CRSP, then the Invoice value becomes the customs value. They collect whichever is higher.

Ok noted, so I can bring a 2006 of any month though the tax would be lower if its earlier than the current month we're in (Oct), correct?
maka
#93 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:50:17 PM

MistaDoms wrote:
Tebes wrote:
MistaDoms wrote:
Hello good folks!

Ok noted, so I can bring a 2006 of any month though the tax would be lower if its earlier than the current month we're in (Oct), correct?

So can I import a 2006~sept car?ama hiyo imepitwa na wakati
possunt quia posse videntur
Prime
#94 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:05:45 AM

MistaDoms wrote:
Tebes wrote:
MistaDoms wrote:
Hello good folks!

true
Prime
#95 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:07:24 AM

maka wrote:
MistaDoms wrote:
Tebes wrote:
MistaDoms wrote:
Hello good folks!

So can I import a 2006~sept car?ama hiyo imepitwa na wakati

Yes you can. As long as you import it THIS year
Prime
#96 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:11:03 AM

Prime wrote:
pleasecallme wrote:
[[
]]

Correction... Even the railway development Levy will not be affected by undervaluing the invoice... It is also calculated from the CRSP value. Hamna ujanja. Correct me if im wrong
Prime
#97 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 12:39:15 PM

Tokyo wrote:
A credible cheap exporter http://www.jimex.co.jp/. You get what you buy

Hi Tokyo,
How credible are these guys really. guys have complained on wazua before that they never get back to them even upon inquiries (see below)

http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=10911

furthermore, upon viewing the details of each can, there is a section which to me is clearly a "buyer beware" clause stating as follows:

Remarks
This unit is a sample data. We buy the similar car from car auction for you. The price is our target price.

Does this mean they don't own any of the cars they advertise? Has anyone else in wazua dealt with them?
jerry
#98 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:19:44 PM

jerry wrote:
vky wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:

please explain

Not sure if this was answered?
vky
#99 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:45:27 PM

jerry wrote:
jerry wrote:
vky wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:

please explain

Not sure if this was answered?

KEBS did an info ad on in the friday dailies stating that they wont be accepting any 2006 cars come dec 31st, guess the ad answered the above question in that if one ships a 2006 car this november it must arrive before dec 31st otherwise it will be rejected at the importer's cost
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
jerry
#100 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 5:04:58 PM

Special thanks to @vky!