wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<23456>»
Japanese Car Exporters
theCynic
#61 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:28:17 PM

@Tokyo, thank you so much, you're very helpful. That sheds a lot of light on the company. I appreciate the time you have taken to respond.
Prime
#62 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:00:15 PM

siemaz wrote:
Prime wrote:
BlackGold wrote:
Quote:
abheet #36 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:33:48 PM

Shame on you DON'T BUY FROM SBT JAPAN

I purchased a Toyota Rav4 from SBT Japan on 08 February 2012 with 100% payment upfront. At the time of purchase on the 8th, I was promised that the vehicle will be loaded on the 10th of Feb for delivery in early March.

A week later I was informed that the ship had no space so the delivery was postponed. The vehicle was delivered to Guyana in end April and cleared later. Before delivery of the vehicle, I also learnt that the true mileage reported at the time of purchase was significantly incorrect - even though I had insisted repeatedly on reporting of true mileage.
Upon receipt and within the first test drive, the car showed jerks, erratic shifting of gears and slow acceleration. The local mechanics first diagnosed a problem with the transmission and then with the ECU. I have been suggested to limit the use of the car as it may affect the transmission.

As a result, I have been unable to use the car and have incurred significant costs in car rentals. Even more frustrating is the fact that I sent the pictures of the ECU on May 18th and the spare parts department has been unable to locate a good quality used ECU. I understand that a new ECU is priced around $2000. Having imported cars from other car dealers in Japan, this is probably my worst experience.

I have been following up with SBT Japan almost thrice a week and for the last two months they have been promised to locate me a used ECU. They say the ECU is out of stock. I am not able to use the car for two months.

Hi Guys, I really like these discussion.
I have had a similar experience as above quite recently courtesy of SBT. I bought a car and upon receiving it in Mombasa and just 30 minutes on the road it jerked and that was the beginning of my nightmares. Have spoke to SBT Japan who have refused to commit to the fault nor compensate me. its now two months down the line and I can hardly use the car despite it bearing the latest registration number Sad Sad

My question to my fellow importers; is there a way to make such a dealer to own up to the problem?

I have had small issues with delights and papera. Papera was worn out stabilizer bushes etc and delights was a faulty steering rack. i have however bought good cars from both of these dealers. my advice is this... there is no cheap car. If the vehicle is for your own use, insist on a grade 4 and above car. alternatively take a lower grade and keep aside at least 20k to sort out minor issues here or there. I think quite a number of dealers are selling very low grades/ Accident grades that have been pimped... And they usually dont reveal the grades. or simply lie. I am now only purchasing directly from the auctions but using reliable dealers. At least i have an idea of what i am getting

@ Prime, i have also been checking out some good cars from the auction but the problem is that i dont have a contact guy in japan who can bid for me, can u shed some light on how i can get to buy direct from the auction with a reliable agent who is cost effective as well!

You can use any of the established guys. I however have noted that the savings to be made are not as big as we imagine. The prices we see vehicles being bought at are definitely not the final fob price. The dealers have their commission, dependent on the size of the vehicle, there is inland transportation charges, jevic charges (they vary depending on the agent :). I tried dealing with sbt but the 2 sales representatives i dealt with were only willing to brief me upon payment of the JPY 100,000 deposit. I tried IBC but you only bid the final CIF cost meaning you have no idea of the commission, location of auction house and other charges. Im with Papera for now but let me say that it is not all rosy. I think i am almost coming to a conclusion that you can only make a good deal if you purchase an expensive model from the auction. With those commissions it is hard to get a reaaaly good deal. And another thing... Probably Tokyo can help... Why do i think that a majority of the cars we buy are accident graded (R, R1, RA) cars? Or grade 3 AND 2 That have been pimped with alloys and bright orange stickers? All in all... there is no cheap car. You generally get what you pay for. And I dont think one can buy directly from an auction. The auctions have registered members who bid on your behalf. But If one could find a way of purchasing directly, and having the car inspected and shipped then we would be home and dry.
Tokyo
#63 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:11:38 PM

You must be a registered company to be considered for Auction membership. "Auction " -highest bidder , you must pay full amount within 2 days. Failure to pay a penalty which includes cancellation of permit, guarantor paying ,etc. it's a serious crime. The main challenge for many exporters to African market is lack of reliability by customers themselves.
work to prosper
webish
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:11:52 PM

Tokyo wrote:
You must be a registered company to be considered for Auction membership. "Auction " -highest bidder , you must pay full amount within 2 days. Failure to pay a penalty which includes cancellation of permit, guarantor paying ,etc. it's a serious crime. The main challenge for many exporters to African market is lack of reliability by customers themselves.

@Tokyo , do you mean Auction sites such as these http://jpcenter.ru/ ??

Any information about it?

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
masukuma
#65 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:14:52 PM

Just heard in the news that Prime Motors Japan is a fake!! I am glad i raised my aerial early and pulled out. @Tokoyo's info. was the last straw. ancient wisdom says: when a deal is too good....

Quote:

This Embassy wishes to inform all Kenyans especially the used Motor Vehicle importers that there is a suspicious company going by the name PRIME MOTORS JAPAN which is using a website address: (http://www.primemotorsjapan.com/). The company has recently been vigorously advertised as an attractive used car dealer but the company's suspicious activities have been reported to the Embassy by Kenyan clients who have raised doubts about their operations. After back ground checks, the Embassy has found the Following:

Prime Motors Japan Co is not a member of JUMVEA or any other Used Car Association.
Their website has no company profile and no credible details about ownership and company registration in Japan
Prime Motors Japan has no credible official address. The address given on their website could simply be a virtual or imaginary office.
Although Prime Motors Japan is advertised on olx.co.ke website but this is no guarantee of authenticity.
A Kenyan recently remitted to them USD 6,900.00 for the purchase of a Nissan X-Trail on 30th August 2013. The client is extremely worried because they no longer pick their "office telephones".
The Embassy therefore wishes to warn all Kenyans to be extremely cautious about these and other online car dealers. Such companies may appear to be a perfectly legitimate on the website. But if you don't know them… please treat them as potential Fraudsters. In case of doubts---Do not hesitate to contact us any time (whether night or day).

http://www.kenyarep-jp.com/news/13/130910_e.html
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
masukuma
#66 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:13:47 PM

Stock 135578
FOB price: 14,400 US$
Insurance: 50 US$
Inspection Jevic: 200 US$
Ocean Freight: 900 US$
Total CIF price: 15,550 US$

This time is our Summer Sale. Our best discount price is 14,500 US$ CIF Mombasa including inspection.
Mode of payment is that you will pay and we will ship the vehicle.
We also have our representative in Kenya and we can arrange your meeting with her. you can contact her at 0704 441 216
Her name is Miss Rose
We are opening full fledge office in Mombasa and Nairobi in less than 3 months and she will be our Kenya Area Senior Manager and at this stage, she is working with us as our Official Representative.
You can talk to her and even arrange a meeting.
Once you decide to buy, send full name of consignee, address and phone number for invoice.

Thank you
Kind Regards
Shige Katayama
Sales & Logistics
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
webish
#67 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:48:56 PM

What about Toyotsu who set up near Bellevue, Mombasa Road?

How are their prices compared to importing for oneself?

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
tom_boy
#68 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:44:58 PM

I have used get cars Japan to bid for and ship my vehicle. No complains. This is the second vehicle to source from them and I have a buddy who has used them several times and recommended them to me. At least you get what you pay for. Charges within Japan and in Kenya may be upto 200k ksh excluding auction costs and KRA duty but including all else including shipping for a station wagon. I suspect the cars in our yards are very poor grades coz that is the only way one can make decent profit.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
guru me
#69 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:10:40 AM

Go SBT if you are a risk taker. I have bought some decent units from them at amazing prices but I think I got lucky. As they say- when the deal is too good, think twice.
maka
#70 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 2:16:09 PM

wapi email ya @Tokyo....
possunt quia posse videntur
Tokyo
#71 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:53:45 AM

maka wrote:
wapi email ya @Tokyo....

Weka yako nikupatie
work to prosper
maka
#72 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 8:56:23 AM

Tokyo wrote:
maka wrote:
wapi email ya @Tokyo....

Weka yako nikupatie

altisortis@consultant.com
possunt quia posse videntur
Tokyo
#73 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 8:19:24 AM

maka wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
maka wrote:
wapi email ya @Tokyo....

Weka yako nikupatie

altisortis@consultant.com

failed
work to prosper
Prime
#74 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 4:23:28 PM

guru me wrote:
Go SBT if you are a risk taker. I have bought some decent units from them at amazing prices but I think I got lucky. As they say- when the deal is too good, think twice.

Let me concur that sbt is becoming a risky affair. I have imported 2 units on behalf of some friends and the ship is due today (14th October) and they are yet to send the car's documentation to facilitate clearance. This is simply not acceptable. I shudder to imagine what would have happened if I had used a CFS that only allowed 3 days of free storage? It would be catastrophic and especially with the end year rush coming coupled with the usual shortage of number plates. And they keep on calling asking if I can purchase any other units yet they havent sent the documents even after the ship is already in the country. SAD.
Prime
#75 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:08:23 AM

The guys have told me not to worry. All will be ok. They say they have a 21 days free storage arrangement with the CFS so i should be a little patient. So let me wait and see.
mthaka
#76 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:16:25 PM

what if they arrive next year ,will they be allowed in since it will be 2014?
Prime
#77 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:56:55 PM

mthaka wrote:

Mthaka Im sure we are very many guys here who are suffering silently... Give it another week and this thread will be very active... Na by the way... si tulikubaliana ni forester? Trust me, you will love it with time
Tokyo
#78 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:11:45 AM

mthaka wrote:

Don't worry. They will be allowed
work to prosper
mthaka
#79 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:23:52 PM

Tokyo wrote:
mthaka wrote:

Don't worry. They will be allowed

please explain
jasonhill
#80 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 6:48:56 AM

Hello all,

I've used Be Forward to send a car to a relative in Kenya. They are excellent. Excellent customer service, good cars, and very fast response when it comes to issues. I also have friends that have used Be Forward with the same level of success. Last time I was in DSM TZ I even visited their local offices in Posta and had lunch with the person that I dealt with over email.

A real class act.

Best,

Hill