wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
Japanese Car Exporters
incognito
#41 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:27:20 PM

Benzino wrote:
SBT are crappy when it comes to shipping the units.They seem to take forever ! But eventually.....they do.

Which exporter would you recommend then?
Excelsior
Gathige
#42 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:37:20 PM

I would recommend IBC. Just imported a unit from them and their shipping schedule worked perfectly. They Shipped the unit on Nov 22, 2012 and ship docked in Msa on Dec 22, 2012.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
James Jailer
#43 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 3:18:09 PM

What are your thoughts on this move by Carview Corporation?

http://www.businessdaily...28/-/idk8rl/-/index.html
masukuma
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:41:33 PM

has anyone worked with Prime Motors Japan? http://www.primemotorsjapan.com/
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Prime
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:23:50 PM

[quote=masukuma]has anyone worked with Prime Motors Japan? http://www.primemotorsjapan.com/[/quote]

In my opinion those prices look too good to be true. Even if FOB, when compared to the overall condition of the cars. Look for TOKYO. He will sort you out in regards to authenticity
Tokyo
#46 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:03:59 AM

[quote=masukuma]has anyone worked with Prime Motors Japan? http://www.primemotorsjapan.com/[/quote]

Have never heard about them but if you seriously need their services can check for you after "obon" holidays
work to prosper
masukuma
#47 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:14:14 PM

Tokyo wrote:

Have never heard about them but if you seriously need their services can check for you after "obon" holidays

when are these holidays? and more importantly - when will they end?
Tokyo
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:52:33 PM

masukuma wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

Sunday this week
work to prosper
masukuma
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:19:56 PM

Tokyo wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

Sunday this week

That will be super! kindly check them out for me. Thanks!
BlackGold
#50 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 12:45:35 PM

Quote:
abheet #36 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:33:48 PM

Shame on you DON'T BUY FROM SBT JAPAN

I purchased a Toyota Rav4 from SBT Japan on 08 February 2012 with 100% payment upfront. At the time of purchase on the 8th, I was promised that the vehicle will be loaded on the 10th of Feb for delivery in early March.

A week later I was informed that the ship had no space so the delivery was postponed. The vehicle was delivered to Guyana in end April and cleared later. Before delivery of the vehicle, I also learnt that the true mileage reported at the time of purchase was significantly incorrect - even though I had insisted repeatedly on reporting of true mileage.
Upon receipt and within the first test drive, the car showed jerks, erratic shifting of gears and slow acceleration. The local mechanics first diagnosed a problem with the transmission and then with the ECU. I have been suggested to limit the use of the car as it may affect the transmission.

As a result, I have been unable to use the car and have incurred significant costs in car rentals. Even more frustrating is the fact that I sent the pictures of the ECU on May 18th and the spare parts department has been unable to locate a good quality used ECU. I understand that a new ECU is priced around $2000. Having imported cars from other car dealers in Japan, this is probably my worst experience.

I have been following up with SBT Japan almost thrice a week and for the last two months they have been promised to locate me a used ECU. They say the ECU is out of stock. I am not able to use the car for two months.

Hi Guys, I really like these discussion.
I have had a similar experience as above quite recently courtesy of SBT. I bought a car and upon receiving it in Mombasa and just 30 minutes on the road it jerked and that was the beginning of my nightmares. Have spoke to SBT Japan who have refused to commit to the fault nor compensate me. its now two months down the line and I can hardly use the car despite it bearing the latest registration number Sad Sad

My question to my fellow importers; is there a way to make such a dealer to own up to the problem?
Tokyo
#51 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:43:47 PM

BlackGold wrote:
Quote:

I purchased a Toyota Rav4 from SBT Japan on 08 February 2012 with 100% payment upfront. At the time of purchase on the 8th, I was promised that the vehicle will be loaded on the 10th of Feb for delivery in early March.

A week later I was informed that the ship had no space so the delivery was postponed. The vehicle was delivered to Guyana in end April and cleared later. Before delivery of the vehicle, I also learnt that the true mileage reported at the time of purchase was significantly incorrect - even though I had insisted repeatedly on reporting of true mileage.
Upon receipt and within the first test drive, the car showed jerks, erratic shifting of gears and slow acceleration. The local mechanics first diagnosed a problem with the transmission and then with the ECU. I have been suggested to limit the use of the car as it may affect the transmission.

As a result, I have been unable to use the car and have incurred significant costs in car rentals. Even more frustrating is the fact that I sent the pictures of the ECU on May 18th and the spare parts department has been unable to locate a good quality used ECU. I understand that a new ECU is priced around $2000. Having imported cars from other car dealers in Japan, this is probably my worst experience.

I have been following up with SBT Japan almost thrice a week and for the last two months they have been promised to locate me a used ECU. They say the ECU is out of stock. I am not able to use the car for two months.

I have had a similar experience as above quite recently courtesy of SBT. I bought a car and upon receiving it in Mombasa and just 30 minutes on the road it jerked and that was the beginning of my nightmares. Have spoke to SBT Japan who have refused to commit to the fault nor compensate me. its now two months down the line and I can hardly use the car despite it bearing the latest registration number Sad Sad

My question to my fellow importers; [b]is there a way to make such a dealer to own up to the problem?[/
b]

Nope. Depends on goodwill and trust between parties involved. Count yourself lucky you got something.
work to prosper
Tokyo
#52 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:50:12 PM

A credible cheap exporter http://www.jimex.co.jp/. You get what you buy
work to prosper
Tokyo
#53 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 6:55:10 AM

Tokyo wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

Sunday this week

The Pakistanise owned company is officially existing but seems they have only an office and a website
. I wonder how they manage to have stocks as indicated .they don't have a yard. But as always due diligence
work to prosper
masukuma
#54 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 12:56:34 PM

Tokyo wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

Sunday this week

The Pakistanise owned company is officially existing but seems they have only an office and a website
. I wonder how they manage to have stocks as indicated .they don't have a yard. But as always due diligence

great! thanks for the info.
Prime
#55 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:14:07 AM

BlackGold wrote:
Quote:

My question to my fellow importers; is there a way to make such a dealer to own up to the problem?

I have had small issues with delights and papera. Papera was worn out stabilizer bushes etc and delights was a faulty steering rack. i have however bought good cars from both of these dealers. my advice is this... there is no cheap car. If the vehicle is for your own use, insist on a grade 4 and above car. alternatively take a lower grade and keep aside at least 20k to sort out minor issues here or there. I think quite a number of dealers are selling very low grades/ Accident grades that have been pimped... And they usually dont reveal the grades. or simply lie. I am now only purchasing directly from the auctions but using reliable dealers. At least i have an idea of what i am getting
JkMwatha
#56 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:24:10 PM

Tokyo wrote:

@Tokyo - you based in Japan? Can you source cars?

I get requests for japanese cars, not available in UK... but have no links... (apart from some annoying reps - who can hardly speak english - but insist on calling me karibu daily).... Trust is the word.
Tokyo
#57 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:01:34 PM

JkMwatha wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

@Tokyo - you based in Japan? Can you source cars?

I get requests for japanese cars, not available in UK... but have no links... (apart from some annoying reps - who can hardly speak english - but insist on calling me karibu daily).... Trust is the word.

Can help you link with sources
work to prosper
siemaz
#58 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:22:49 AM

Prime wrote:
BlackGold wrote:
Quote:

I have had small issues with delights and papera. Papera was worn out stabilizer bushes etc and delights was a faulty steering rack. i have however bought good cars from both of these dealers. my advice is this... there is no cheap car. If the vehicle is for your own use, insist on a grade 4 and above car. alternatively take a lower grade and keep aside at least 20k to sort out minor issues here or there. I think quite a number of dealers are selling very low grades/ Accident grades that have been pimped... And they usually dont reveal the grades. or simply lie. I am now only purchasing directly from the auctions but using reliable dealers. At least i have an idea of what i am getting

@ Prime, i have also been checking out some good cars from the auction but the problem is that i dont have a contact guy in japan who can bid for me, can u shed some light on how i can get to buy direct from the auction with a reliable agent who is cost effective as well!
theCynic
#59 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:26:32 AM

@Tokyo, is there anything else you can find out about Prime Motors? How long have they been up and running? Do they have any kind of reputation in Japan? I will appreciate any information you can provide.
Tokyo
#60 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:41:07 PM

theCynic wrote:
@Tokyo, is there anything else you can find out about Prime Motors? How long have they been up and running? Do they have any kind of reputation in Japan? I will appreciate any information you can provide.

I have never heard nor anybody I know about them before. Talked with them on phone to gather more information. They were surprised I'm within and can visit their small offices. But when I insisted on visiting their yard to confirm details of a particular car which is for sale on their website, they kind of sungusaling finally saying already booked.
My conclusion they are genuine but no yard. What is in the website is only photos meaning if you order and buy, they have to buy from auction a similar car. Therefore either delay from the standard 4wks or slightly different car
work to prosper