wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
International racism
Mukiri
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 12:35:12 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
alma wrote:
Mukiri....jusayin and have a great Sunday.

@Alma I believe you're trying to put across a point, but you should not contradict yourself by hating so much on some people who happen to be different from you. You can argue in respectful way.

As for @mukiri, if only you can see the things congregation do that make kina @Alma wonder. Talking of racism, it seems you choose to be hypocrite? Don't you glorify Jews and still sing saying they are chosen and better? Don't you focus on Isaac and forget God in your Bible said He'd make Ishmael and Isaac great? How did you end up focusing on Isaac and not Ishmael? Aren't you not still singing "sisi ni Wanaisraeli" in total ignorance that you're an African? Don't you know you have ancestry? Don't you know Jews are a tribe among thousand others in the world? Of course prophet came from them, but it does not mean everybody is now a Jew.

I gave upon you a long time ago. *hide user posts*

Enjoy your Sunday.

Proverbs 19:21
AlphDoti
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 8:10:16 PM

Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
alma wrote:

@Alma I believe you're trying to put across a point, but you should not contradict yourself by hating so much on some people who happen to be different from you. You can argue in respectful way.

As for @mukiri, if only you can see the things congregation do that make kina @Alma wonder. Talking of racism, it seems you choose to be hypocrite? Don't you glorify Jews and still sing saying they are chosen and better? Don't you focus on Isaac and forget God in your Bible said He'd make Ishmael and Isaac great? How did you end up focusing on Isaac and not Ishmael? Aren't you not still singing "sisi ni Wanaisraeli" in total ignorance that you're an African? Don't you know you have ancestry? Don't you know Jews are a tribe among thousand others in the world? Of course prophet came from them, but it does not mean everybody is now a Jew.

I gave upon you a long time ago. *hide user posts*

Enjoy your Sunday.

How come you read this one haha. Don't make promises you don't plan to keep. You can't resist reading my posts my friend, and you know that! The same way I read yours. I'm confident enough to read what I want to read and don't hide behind hide user.
jaggernaut
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 8:28:15 PM

Which is worse - racism or tribalism? At least for racism they only discriminate against you, for tribalism your neighbours wake up one morning and hack you and your kids to death coz you are from tribe X. On the violence scale, a mzungu who abuses you is much better than your fellow 'kenyan brother' who kills you and your family without any remorse. You cant even get a job in county X just because you are from tribe Y. We should remove the logs in our eyes before talking about the specks in msungus eyes. Lets stop the hypocrisy.
kiash
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:25:21 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Which is worse - racism or tribalism? At least for racism they only discriminate against you, for tribalism your neighbours wake up one morning and hack you and your kids to death coz you are from tribe X. On the violence scale, a mzungu who abuses you is much better than your fellow 'kenyan brother' who kills you and your family without any remorse. You cant even get a job in county X just because you are from tribe Y. We should remove the logs in our eyes before talking about the specks in msungus eyes. Lets stop the hypocrisy.

Tribalism is local and racism is international
kiash
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:26:54 PM

washiku wrote:
Haiya @Kiash

Mimy hapana iko Israel
kiash
#26 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:29:17 PM

marko wrote:
I didn't even finish watching the video. Hata sisi ni wajinga sana. Why would anyone want to go settle in Israel? After what they have been through over the years? You expect them to react favourably to immigrants? C'mon please. We should stay in Africa and develop Africa. We have no shame.

Even though am a legal migrant, i support you 100% actually there are places you see Africans unashindwa why do you have to go there, they have their own problems and you are bringing them yours. Am thinking of places like Portugal at the moment
jaggernaut
#27 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:36:01 PM

kiash wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

Tribalism is local and racism is international

So which is worse? To be discriminated abroad or killed at home. At least nowadays the KKK won't hack you to death like your fellow kenyans.
Caramba
#28 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 11:42:50 PM

jaggernaut wrote:

I dare say that many of us would exibit the same racist tendencies had we been born Jewish. These prejudices tend to be ingrained from religious, tribal or societal psyche.

The racist, the tribalist, the homophobe, the religious fundametalist; all these hold bigoted prejudices which are very difficult to change.
Tokyo
#29 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:15:45 AM

Tribalism is far worse than racism.
work to prosper
Tokyo
#30 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:27:59 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
alma wrote:

I rarely agree with @ AlphaDoti. But to this one I concur. But isn't it a contradiction despising those worshiping Jews gods while busy adoring Arabs deity unless he is one. "In total ignorance you are an African".
work to prosper
Muriel
#31 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 9:19:34 AM

masukuma wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6yYiWqmeCM
just goes to show that there is no place like home for a nywele ngumu!

Masukuma,

Ona hii. A night to honour Israel, Nairobi Kenya

Hao ni watu wetu wanaimba!!!!!!!!

They have been told by the charismatic pentecostal John Hagee to do so

Nairobi Kenya 'Pastor' John Hagee
Swenani
#32 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 11:00:34 AM

Wueh

Quote:
he ad, for Qiaobi laundry detergent, starts with a woman doing her laundry, when a paint-splattered black man appears. The woman signals him to her washing machine, then stuffs detergent in his mouth and pushes him into the machine. After the wash is done, a young, clean Chinese man rises out of the machine.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
masukuma
#33 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 12:36:33 PM

Swenani wrote:
Wueh

Quote:
he ad, for Qiaobi laundry detergent, starts with a woman doing her laundry, when a paint-splattered black man appears. The woman signals him to her washing machine, then stuffs detergent in his mouth and pushes him into the machine. After the wash is done, a young, clean Chinese man rises out of the machine.

I saw it and exclaimed.... WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
harrydre
#34 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 9:26:34 PM

masukuma wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Wueh

Quote:

Black folk like to complain sana. That ad was borrowed heavily from this one yet nobody complained then.

i.am.back!!!!
masukuma
#35 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 11:32:01 PM

harrydre wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Wueh

Quote:

Black folk like to complain sana. That ad was borrowed heavily from this one yet nobody complained then.

bwana uncle tom...so who should complain in the Italian one? let's assume the italians don't complain - should we not? In the chinese ad the black pigment on your skin is literally being likened to dirt!! that is so insulting! it's so insulting! jaw droppingly insulting!!
Tokyo
#36 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 5:20:05 AM

The most racist you will ever come around are black more than you.
work to prosper
FRM2011
#37 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 10:41:52 AM

harrydre wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Wueh

Quote:

Thanks @harrydre for the perspective. I was livid when I saw it jana but on second thoughts, maybe the creators of the ad had no racist intentions.

That's why it's always good to hear the other side of the story.
masukuma
#38 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:20:29 AM

it's just insulting...
Taurrus
#39 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:30:14 PM

For italian one its skin toning [coloring]
For the chinese one its laundry yanii kutoa uchafu, yanii black guys like you need a washing to become chinese! burger!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#40 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 2:40:30 PM

Aren't we a tad sensitive about our blackness, I view such adverts with amusement.

Clearly the audience are mostly ignorant and will probably never interact with a black person so obviously the intention is not to practice racism.

As there are no black people, there are obviously no racist.

Africans should be more confident of their skin colour to reduce the perceived incidence of racist perceptions.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins