wazua Sat, May 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Airtel partners KDN
mlennyma
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:52:22 AM

Airtel has entered into a 5yrs arrangement with kdn to rollout 3G acrosskenya.whats ur take?why cant they buy ak?can safcom counter by buying ak?is this the last nail to ak?shareg
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:01:02 AM

Why should Airtel buy AK at these prices?
KDN has a wider network than AK with deeper pockets to continue expanding...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
bird_man
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:14:43 AM

AK & KDN are not peers.AK is an ISP while KDN is a national data carrier now.They are doing fibre even in Rwanda & Burundi and can thus offer cheaper rates than anyone else.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
VituVingiSana
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:40:32 AM

bird_man wrote:
AK & KDN are not peers.AK is an ISP while KDN is a national data carrier now.They are doing fibre even in Rwanda & Burundi and can thus offer cheaper rates than anyone else.
Interesting point coz Airtel is also present in Uganda & might bid for the license [held by a Libyan firm] in Rwanda...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gordon Gekko
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:52:09 AM

My understanding is that KDN will lay the fibre between BTS. No room for AK here. I (think) Essar rides on the Airtel network, so they also have their work done for them...
selah
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 1:16:05 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Interesting point coz Airtel is also present in Uganda & might bid for the license [held by a Libyan firm] in Rwanda...

I am surprised that Airtel Uganda has the worst service followed by Warid telecoms(YU bigger sister)I think they may bid for the licence so as to increase their capacity.

http://www.monitor.co.ug...8322/1117010/-/3rlt1t/-/
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3