wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Why the NSE Index is taking a continuous tumble
qw25041985
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:01:57 PM

Guyz lets not panic about NOTHING here. this so called 'sell-off' has no support.What i mean is that if you look at the VOLUMES that are causing this 'sell-off' they cannot sustain the sell-off.
The market is very weak because of the Middle East crisis as one or two investors cannot hold his/her emotions and decides to sell his stake at a LOSS.
I mean when a.k makes new low on 55,000 shares OR Kenya Re which has very good dividend policy to go with makes an all-time low on just 200,000 shares OR Kenya Airways which trades below NAV drops on a mere 40,000 shares what does that tell you.??? it plainly means bargains are falling right on your/our laps.
Those calling for bargain hunting are dead right !!!!!!!! Thats what we shld do,Right NOW...
Those calling foe Equity bank at 20.00 please !!!!!!!It might be easier getting the cure for A.I.D.S ..LOL . sincerely .

WHAT I AM STREESING HERE IS WE LOOK AT THE VOLUMES THAT ARE PULLING DOWN THIS STOCKS. Guyz you might need your umbrellas coz its raining bargains on the N.S.E
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
mgeman
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:11:59 PM

qw25041985 wrote:

WHAT I AM STREESING HERE IS WE LOOK AT THE VOLUMES THAT ARE PULLING DOWN THIS STOCKS. Guyz you might need your umbrellas coz its raining bargains on the N.S.E

Ati umbrella! Pengine ikiwa upside down ndio uchukue hizo bargains zote!!!!!!Drool
I am an African

-Thambo Mbeki Speech
Fyatu
#23 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 8:32:28 AM

The possibility of the grand coalition crumbling is imminent due to the wrangles in ODM.I would say political uncertainty is one reason why the index is not heading north
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
ecstacy
#24 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 9:08:00 AM

One thing you can bet your house on in all this noise and insults is that the MPigs are in Parliament & Cabinet to MAKE MONEY. If the coalition collapses, so they make or lose money?.. I guess then the coalition government ain't going anywhere my friend...
dave.kim
#25 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 9:52:33 AM

I think the market is in a very tricky situationt.Am sure the issues in the middle East wont be resolved immediately so the market will remain as it is or even go lower for a few more months. Moreover, its the eve of the election year and the parliament wrangles are coz politicians have gotten into campaign mode.most foreign investors are exiting the market and am speculating that more investors will exit the towards year end an wait it out upto 2013......My views
Anyone know of any other African markets with potential?
Rule No.1 is never lose money. Rule No.2 is never forget rule number one
ProverB
#26 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 11:19:00 AM

..Barclays likely to up...book closure for split on 15march

..Cables already underway..book closure on 18th
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
guru267
#27 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 12:14:46 PM

vimto2505 wrote:
Hi Guys, I just want to know about kenyan stock market. Do you have any Future & Option instrument in market.

Also is it allowed to shortsell index / stock ?

I do trade in INDIA. My todays turnover was 1.8 million kenyan shiling.

I was just being curious about market hence asked.

hi @vimto2505 None of the above instruments are available on the Nairobi stock exchange..
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
hisah
#28 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 2:40:04 PM

dave.kim wrote:
I think the market is in a very tricky situationt.Am sure the issues in the middle East wont be resolved immediately so the market will remain as it is or even go lower for a few more months. Moreover, its the eve of the election year and the parliament wrangles are coz politicians have gotten into campaign mode.most foreign investors are exiting the market and am speculating that more investors will exit the towards year end an wait it out upto 2013......My views
Anyone know of any other African markets with potential?

Rwanda Stock Exchange, Egypt, Tunisia and the Middle East markets.

Rwanda coz it's a new market in terms of change from OTC to Main market.

The other Arabic markets are so oversold due to panic sell. Wait for the panic to cease and then get in.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#29 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 6:58:54 PM

Hii NSE vile inaendelee kurega kurega towards 4000, I think in coming weeks we will need 'hopium' to bring back the rally... Stay tuned...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mufasa
#30 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:38:51 AM

ProverB wrote:
..Barclays likely to up...book closure for split on 15march

..Cables already underway..book closure on 18th

This BBK counter is one of my favourites, sasini being the other one - Egypt, the tea buyers are now stabilizing politically. The question with BBK is when to get in. Should it be now or after the split?
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
mufasa
#31 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:58:46 AM

dave.kim wrote:
most foreign investors are exiting the market and am speculating that more investors will exit the towards year end an wait it out upto 2013......My views

Boss!!, you're giving politics too much credit here. There are many counters that are not politically inclined e.g. BBK, others are now regional stocks.
While its true that 2012 politics is gonna affect the NSE, the effect will be very mild. Why? In 2007/08 - there was also a global financial meltdown. Kenya's infrastructure has grown rapidly, s.sudan is a new country, uganda has discovered oil (arabs fighting, hence alternate mkt), western TZ and Easteern congo are opening up, ea community.... Etc. By 2013 - NSE could be @ 5,000points (i'm probably being modest here).
Tommy
#32 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 9:19:06 AM

Fyatu wrote:
The possibility of the grand coalition crumbling is imminent due to the wrangles in ODM.I would say political uncertainty is one reason why the index is not heading north

this grand coalition will not collapse, these mpigs have their salaries commited on loans and mortgages to the extent that none of them will be willing to loose that income. to me this are just normal political temperatures in the runup to election which we r used to.
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
Cde Monomotapa
#33 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 2:08:09 PM

Legally speaking the consequences of an "ODM Pull out" is that by-elections SHALL follow and a de-campd MP stands undr his/her new party. Now, logically, which MP would be so nuts to go back Debe earlier? None..AUGUST 2012 isn't too far away so they'd rather collect their salaries. Moreover, the politics this time round will be so different thanx to current Const.as power will be diffused even being an MP won't be soo prestigious, a less powerful prezz e.t.c. In conclusion, the current noise is reservd for politicians & not me. Me as an investor/mwananchi i'm more concernd about when it is going to rain & other economic devt.i.e EAC growth.please note that all other EAC countries (latest being UG) are through with elections so its back to business. KCB,SCAN,COOP,EBL e.t.c recc.picks
Jamani
#34 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 3:08:16 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Legally speaking the consequences of an "ODM Pull out" is that by-elections should follow and a de-campd stands undr his/her new party. Now, logically, which MP would be so nuts to go back Debe? None..AUGUST 2012 isn't too far away so they'd rather collect their salaries. Moreover, the politics this time round will be so different thanx to current Const.as power will be diffused even being an MP won't be soo prestigious, a less powerful prezz e.t.c. In conclusion, the current noise is reservd for politicians & not me. Me as an investor/mwananchi i'm more concernd about when it is going to rain & other economic devt.i.e EAC growth.please note that all other EAC countries (latest being UG) are through with elections so its back to business. KCB,SCAN,COOP,EBL e.t.c recc.picks

While I agree with you to some extent, I tend to think confusion of the new constitution or politicians acting dump to score on others and tension with fear of who will be where are even worse these leads to serious investors holding back, hence low trades.....
Cde Monomotapa
#35 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:24:46 PM

@jamani, i'm actually welcoming the confusion as i've been monitoring the current noise and happy that politicians r tearing each other apart w/o involving mwananchi unlike in 07. These guys r also smart they know blantant tribal politics will not see them through this time round (esp.with ICC hanging around.have U seen how Taylor looks so docile...) so they will morph into "nationalists" coz enyewe mwananchi remembrs that we all sufferd post election regardless of affiliation n on top of that they sold the very maize we so needed @ the time. If there was debe kesho I will vote MARTHA KARUA for prezz! These other fellows have messed us up enough n for too long!
Wa_ithaka
#36 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 9:35:10 AM

I think the forthcoming drought will also play havoc with the market and the economy.
Siasa will hopefully calm down once ICC invites Milosevic et al to the Hague for a chat.
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
mufasa
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:44:46 AM

Drought???
How many points will the NSE loose before it turns around? some counters are now performing worse than during the global financial melt down/PEV.

in early 2006, the NSE lost over 1000points in first half of the year. are we seeing a repeat of that? what triggered the 06' dip?
VituVingiSana
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:48:52 AM

Siasa is worse than drought...

If we did not have the siasa then we could plan to mitigate effects of the drought. Instead of saving the Mau, we are at a deadlock since moi, ruto, etc are using the excuse that farmers in the Mau are kalenjin who should be allowed to stay!

Then we have IDPs. Many of these were hard-working farmers who cannot farm anymore so we lose skills & economic growth.

Wanasiasa wa Kenya ni Bure Kabisa!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ProverB
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:26:07 AM

There being no further business,..worth doing or commenting on regarding stocks.. smile
..i log off and have quit the market till May!

Be well people.
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
the deal
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:31:44 AM

ProverB wrote:

There being no further business,..worth doing or commenting on regarding stocks.. smile
..i log off and have quit the market till May!

Be well people.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly over exposure to banks...all the best in your self imposed exile...