Tyre Center - The good, the bad and the ugly
Speculz
#81 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 7:09:32 AM

Na thunder? :)
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
earthvoice
#82 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 10:26:04 AM

mucheminjagih wrote:
Apollo are not good,, they are equivalent of linglong China. Try dunlop, Michelin, Toyo, Good year, Yana

Rahatupu wrote:
Don't touch GoodYear ni BURE KABISA.

Gathige wrote:
Dunlop bure kabisa. Bought 4 @11k.at the dunlop centre hapo past near CMC.

matatuman wrote:
@Gathige...Apollo are good tyres. Wachana na Yana its crap.

Eish!
"All intelligent investing is value investing -- acquiring more than you are paying for. You must value the business in order to value the stock." - Charlie Munger.
Swenani
#83 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 12:08:32 PM

earthvoice wrote:
mucheminjagih wrote:
Apollo are not good,, they are equivalent of linglong China. Try dunlop, Michelin, Toyo, Good year, Yana

Rahatupu wrote:

Gathige wrote:

matatuman wrote:

Eish!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
MaichBlack
#84 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 1:06:25 PM

bizbyte wrote:
Toxicity wrote:
Tyre Experts

GT Radial tyres 205/55/16R How much can i get them for and where?
also how do the one's made in Indonesia and China Differ?

I know a guy. KES 7500. 0723018351.
I'm sorry I don't know the difference, but I hear Indonesia is better

Indonesia much better than China. I think 7500/= is too high. If you are still interested I can get you the name of a shop in Kirinyaga road where a friend bought recently and the price - though I am sure he mentioned a figure less than 7,500/=. But then again, his tyres might have been smaller though he bought two different cars. One might be using 16R.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Impunity
#85 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 6:42:37 PM

Swenani wrote:
earthvoice wrote:
mucheminjagih wrote:

Rahatupu wrote:

Gathige wrote:

matatuman wrote:

Eish!

Kila kitu mbaya!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

greenbeat
#86 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 6:02:05 AM

What about Sonar tyres?
TheGeek
#87 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 9:25:42 AM

Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
earthvoice wrote:
mucheminjagih wrote:

Rahatupu wrote:

Gathige wrote:

matatuman wrote:

Eish!

Kila kitu mbaya!

Driving style
Suspension maintenance
Road condition

Am changing mine shortly 195 65 15 also looking for Rims.
In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
Takeshi
#88 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 10:38:25 AM

TheGeek wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
earthvoice wrote:
mucheminjagih wrote:

Rahatupu wrote:

Gathige wrote:

matatuman wrote:

Eish!

Kila kitu mbaya!

Driving style
Suspension maintenance
Road condition

Am changing mine shortly 195 65 15 also looking for Rims.

Have been having Linglong for about a year and a half.
Moved from GTR. First ones were good but things appeared to have changed, dissapointed after the second purchase(be it Indonesia or china).

Linglong appear to come in different classes. I suppose the most superior is the "Green Max eco..."....but even the "normal class" seems to be fine.

Where to buy: Approach Eastleigh from pumwani maternity hos, spot any Somali tyre shops.
Cost (Then): About 4 - 6K

dpmungai
#89 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 11:25:44 AM

Hankook tyres are good too. I have had them for approx 20,000kms and they still look "new", one puncture down. Bought mine at 7k for 14" from Amazon service centre in Westlands.
MaichBlack
#90 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:22:05 PM

I got new tyres for my car and above the section where the pressure and max load are indicated it reads "USA and Canada Codes Only". The load is in kgs which is most definitely standard and the pressure is in both KPA and PSI.

As far as I am concerned PSI ( Pounds per square inch) is a standard measure. Or is it not? Why specify "USA and Canada Codes Only". The PSI is also much higher than what I am normally used to for the same category of tyres. The guy changing the tyres is also insisting on using "the normal" PSI instead of what is indicated.

Some one advice.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
TheGeek
#91 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 6:50:29 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
I got new tyres for my car and above the section where the pressure and max load are indicated it reads "USA and Canada Codes Only". The load is in kgs which is most definitely standard and the pressure is in both KPA and PSI.

As far as I am concerned PSI ( Pounds per square inch) is a standard measure. Or is it not? Why specify "USA and Canada Codes Only". The PSI is also much higher than what I am normally used to for the same category of tyres. The guy changing the tyres is also insisting on using "the normal" PSI instead of what is indicated.

Some one advice.

Easily find the info on your drivers side on the panel behind the door.
In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
pleasecallme
#92 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:20:01 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
mucheminjagih wrote:

I concur bure kabisa. had Goodyear duragrip 185/70/R14
You kill bird...bird dead snake come.
ZZE123
#93 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:21:42 PM

Which is better between Dunlop and Pirelli for size 265 /65 R17? Would have preferred Bridgestone but can’t get locally.
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Njung'e
#94 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:40:34 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
Which is better between Dunlop and Pirelli for size 265 /65 R17? Would have preferred Bridgestone but can’t get locally.

Dunlop is a beautiful tyre but that is just about it. when it comes to life, it's absolute rubbish!!. Pirelli 4 Seasons is as good or perhaps even better than Bridgestone.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
ZZE123
#95 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:47:42 PM

Njung'e wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

Dunlop is a beautiful tyre but that is just about it. when it comes to life, it's absolute rubbish!!. Pirelli 4 Seasons is as good or perhaps even better than Bridgestone.

Asante Sana. the AutoXpress guys have an offer on Pirelli Scorpion ATR is it any good?
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Njung'e
#96 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:15:58 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

Asante Sana. the AutoXpress guys have an offer on Pirelli Scorpion ATR is it any good?

4 seasons for wet/dry roads but the ATR goes one better.It's an all terrain tyre suitable for on-off road cars. Is the offer on all sizes?
Njung'e
#97 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:17:31 PM

double postSad
ZZE123
#98 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:05:57 PM

Njung'e wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

4 seasons for wet/dry roads but the ATR goes one better.It's an all terrain tyre suitable for on-off road cars. Is the offer on all sizes?

Not sure if its on all tyres but for size 265 /65 R17 they selling @ 20,700/=
Njung'e
#99 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:23:24 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
[quote=Njung'e][quote=ZZE123][quote=Njung'e][quote=ZZE123]
Not sure if its on all tyres but for size 265 /65 R17 they selling @ 20,700/=

That's a good deal if it's inclusive of VAT coz i remember buying a set late last year at close to 100K yet they were smaller (225/55R16)
mugo2of3
#100 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:45:39 PM

Njung'e wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

From the above I'm glad I did not pick the Dunlops which were a bit cheaper at Auto-Express

You'll get Pirelli Cinturato (made in Turkey) for about 30K for a set of 4. Have had a pair of 185/65 R14s for about 8,000 km and have no complaints whatsoever.

I had made a resolution to look for Yokohamas to match the less worn pair (add your own joke about the Chelsea FC bus coming unstuck if you are into football).
However, I shelved the idea when Auto-Express offered the 2 Pirellis at 15.5k minus 1K voucher.