wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
KPLC - GET SERIOUS
Sigiriri
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:05:35 AM

Is it just my place or has the reliability of KPLC (of Kenya Paraffin Lamps & Candles fame) gotten worse over the past month?

Some say they dont want us to watch the wagalla massacre story, but I haven't had steady power for the last 3 days in Kahawa area. What hurts even more is that neighbors do! Power supply then resumed jana, only to keep going on and off till this morning - as has happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks! Na ati tunalipia hii stima siku hizi in advance! I feel like kuwatupia maneno, lakini wacha niwache tu.

Who will prevail on these pple to get serious with their business? I see an exact replica of KPTC here - nauza share zangu immediately we hear competition inakuja...these jamaas for the most time just get away with pure negligence and lack of concern for the welfare of their customers. Sasa jana nilitupa nyama tena - na fridge inanuka kama ya morg....inabidi nitafute ma-inverter haraka.....

Who is suffering with me? What can we do (na sio kupiga simu - been there, done that!)
Shak
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:14:56 AM

Same story here at kasarani. I'm tempted to believe the conspiracy theories
Wendz
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:57:52 AM

I woke up, there was power... just when i am enjoying the shower.... kaduff!!! Cold showers have never been on my menu.... not in the morning, not even on a hot day like last saturday! Am enjoying a soapy day today....Sad
Sigiriri
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:27:47 AM

@Wendz, usisema hukujikamua....

If u didn't - I blame it on KPLC!

But surely....si hata sponge ingesaidia - cold water on a sponge ain't that cold after all. hehehe.
Noble
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:38:46 AM

@Wendz
It also happened to me. Just after applying the first coat of soap, the power went off. I had to fumilia a cold shower early in the morning. But it was a rather quick shower.Sad Sad
anasazi
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:49:14 AM

Same here. Ata chakula zinaharibikia kwa fridge! At this time of the month! Nkt. By the way, if these people drop the ball during tomorrow's game..... wataona moto. Kenya yameta kweli.
Form is temporary, class is permanent
kelele.com
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:52:10 AM

KPLC is one big Asshole. One time I complained abt frequent outages in my area (Ruaka) and I was told I am suffering coz me and my neighbours are not helping KPLC to fight electricity thieves...waaat? so does that mean for us to get power we need to police all the transformers and power lines around? This mulika mwizi shit should be their own business..we pay for power..let them use that money to employ watchmen. I have never heard safaricom tell us that we should guard boosters for us to get a constant flow of network..it takes care of that and KPLC should take care of its transformers without involving me.....si waweke an electric fence round all the transformer to keep away the thieves..
Sina Signature. NKT
Wendz
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:12:05 AM

Sigiriri wrote:
@Wendz, usisema hukujikamua....

If u didn't - I blame it on KPLC!

But surely....si hata sponge ingesaidia - cold water on a sponge ain't that cold after all. hehehe.

Hapana.... cold water is cold water is cold water... its no use.Sad
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:12:42 AM

KPLC, you are seriously letting Kenya down. We pay you a premium, you announce huge profits yet you can't get your act right. How do you start talking of expansion yet you can't satisfy your existing customers? And why is it that when they say power will be off from 9.00am to 5.00pm, they always switch off at 8.30am and restore at 7.30pm? Good people, can we come together and sue for breach of contract and emotional trauma?

BBI will solve it
:)
Sigiriri
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:22:13 AM

What consumer protection organisation can we approach over this KPLC crap - methinks we need to get them to put their act together. Insomuch as we love to take dividends from their shares, they need to stop treating their customers badly.
Kwanza siku hizi tunanunua stima - we pay in advance for pete's sake, they better honor their end of the deal! Kwanza stabilise the current demand before expanding - the main reason gava set this thing up is not to make profits, but to provide a driver of the economy - power. Sasa vinyozi wakienda home bila ganji, si unajua tu lazima ngeta rate ipande? Tunaumia!

Consumer protection body - any around that we can approach?
Inspired
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:48:27 PM

Some of the problems of working with a Monopoly for a provider Brick wall Brick wall
amga
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:18:01 PM

when the management consultants were busy getting it back to its feet after the mess gichuru left why was njoroge appointed? me thinks just to accumulate more for corruption. explains why bills were high oct 2007 to jan 2008.my two cents:wat if wazuans lobby or just get some lobby consumer information network @kcb building jogoo rd yaani just to have some one wake these dudes from their slumber
erifloss
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:13:43 AM

I think some people should visit Nigeria or Malawi and KPLC will look like a gem...
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
K22
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:15:42 AM

erifloss wrote:
I think some people should visit Nigeria or Malawi and KPLC will look like a gem...

Applause Applause Applause However, its human nature to complain & whine all the time.....

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
Bettertry
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:58:17 AM

During one of their infamous blackouts l made a call to them after severals hours of being in the dark, "Bona bado stima hazijarudi na vile zilipotea kitambo?" The lady on the other end of the phone answered, "Ata mimi sijui, lakini mtashughulikiwa baadaye!!!" BTW, my neighbour who works for KPLC tells me the frequent power outages are meant to improve services to their customers!!! How? Ur guess will be as good as mine.
We Will Either Find a Way or Create One - HANNIBAL
Wendz
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:54:03 AM

2012 wrote:
KPLC, you are seriously letting Kenya down. We pay you a premium, you announce huge profits yet you can't get your act right. How do you start talking of expansion yet you can't satisfy your existing customers? And why is it that when they say power will be off from 9.00am to 5.00pm, they always switch off at 8.30am and restore at 7.30pm? Good people, can we come together and sue for breach of contract and emotional trauma?

If you thought yours was worse, ours is even ridiculous now... it comes back in the evening... then diiimmmsss off, comes back, dimms off, comes back alittle, dimms off.... the most annoying thing ever! Its even better not to have it all together... we cant even switch on the tv, or radio and they take the least amount of power... and even when the lights are on, we have to keep the candles on!

Another soapy affair! poooooh!
MrTyrus
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:02:00 PM

I dont know how you guyz follow up to solve the power issues once its off but wat I do is 10 mins after stima kulost I call their customer care and make sure they promise to send someone and they give that someone the number to call me wen they get to our place. the guy calls I make sure he resolves everything. wengine hujifanya vichwa ngumu but be quick to remind them that they r public servants n u have all the rights to walk into their offices n launch a complaint against them.

happy whining!!
selah
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:15:25 PM

Sigiriri wrote:

Sasa jana nilitupa nyama tena - na fridge inanuka kama ya morg....inabidi nitafute ma-inverter haraka.....

why would you buy meat in bulk to store in the fridge when you can just buy it fresh out of the market.

Anyway the problem with KPLC is their transformers.When there is rapid growth in an area they take too long to replace their transformers to accommodate the increased demand.We had the same problem in our place the transformer would blow all the time, but lately it has been serving us well I think they replaced the transformer.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Wendz
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:01:13 PM

MrTyrus wrote:
I dont know how you guyz follow up to solve the power issues once its off but wat I do is 10 mins after stima kulost I call their customer care and make sure they promise to send someone and they give that someone the number to call me wen they get to our place. the guy calls I make sure he resolves everything. wengine hujifanya vichwa ngumu but be quick to remind them that they r public servants n u have all the rights to walk into their offices n launch a complaint against them.

happy whining!!

You are right! i raised hell this morning coz i couldnt imagine throwing away all my fish! Now, I confirm there is power.... The head of our area called me and asked me to confirm at home if we have power.... and apologised...(am even smiling)

@selah.... problem is you have no time to be passing the butchery every day.... Its best to have stock up to last you for a week or two... plus if some are like me, i have been buying meat from one dude for some years and after moving houses, it would be inconveniencing to passby the butchery.... i dont want to be making detours every evening.
seeker*
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:49:21 PM

the worst issue any kenyan will ever suffer is the KPLC bill estimates, we are so busy looking for money to have to read and send our electricity readings ourselves! you pay your monthly bills without fail then this baboons send you a inflated bill from the blues! any complaint is met with one sentence ( those were estimates!) the real joke is that they never estimate your bills downwards, always upward, wouldn't it be nice to hear "you have been paying more money than your consumption, so we are billing you less this month." my bill this time is 10,000shs for domestic consumption! the clowns insist the bill has to be paid as long as you have received the bill. I pray for the day they get competition and they are forced to wake up and smell the coffee. hata posta walikuwa.
Don't fight a battle if you gain nothing by winning.” Erwin Rommel
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways.