Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
Top Stockbrokers ( Listed in Order )
Aguytrying
#101 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:35:19 AM

maka wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
murchr wrote:
To transfer shares do u have to open another CDSC A/c?

To transfer your holdings from one broker to another, you need to open a CDSC a/c at the broker you are transfering to.

e.g. to transfer from African Alliance to Kingdom Securities, you will need to open a CDSC account at Kingdom. If your CDSC a/c number is 123456, you will transfer from B23/123456 to B11/123456.

The transfer forms have to be signed by the broker you are transfering from, then you take them to the broker you are transfering to. The approval is done by the share registrar, CMA, NSE and finally CDSC.

1-2 month transaction process.

That B11-B23 etc is the investment bank/brokerage code right?effectively you are not opening a new CDS account,you will maintain the same CDS account number with a different firm code...

You will maintain your CDSC a/c number.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Mucene
#102 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2014 10:02:21 AM

NIC Securities Launches mobile App for share trading
http://www.nation.co.ke/...6/-/u3mf1pz/-/index.html
If you don't want to go to plan B have a good plan A.
icecube
#103 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2014 2:21:30 PM

[quote=Mucene]NIC Securities Launches mobile App for share trading
http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/u3mf1pz/-/index.html[/quote]

They also said they have launched an online trading platform, has anybody used it? The link I was given doesn't seem to work.
Tall Order
#104 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2014 6:45:37 PM

Certainly a good move by NIC Securities, they've been on the fore front in terms of their stock broking analysis and improvements and certainly that will create the desired competition for other stockbrokers to follow suit.
Tall Order
#105 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:28:40 PM

Great, I'm able to trade again on the shares that I moved from one stockbroker to another. That was in 2 and a half weeks. I moved on 30th July & traded on 18th August, 2014.

Not bad, I was tired of my previous stockbroker, I could have even taken 2 months waiting period as a few Wazuans mentioned, but I just couldn't continue with my previous stockbrokers any longer.
kanyimwa
#106 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:11:26 PM

I thought I was alone when I recently churned my long time broker to join D&B.

Was seriously manhandled on KYC issues but after fully complying, I told them to write me a cheque of my credit balance and facilitate me to migrate all my portfolio to D&B who I would start with on a clean slate; without minding of a fresh kyc re-run.

They didn't believe it. Filled the forms, but another round of struggle started. They slept on my forms for two months with their agents calling me to persuade me to change my mind but I was not interested. I had to go back and make noise for the forms to be forwarded to cdsc. Two months later, I was called by D&B. Today I trade on their online system hassle free. That other place I would have to manually appear to order and track orders. So far so good, I recommend D&B
wilyum
#107 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:46:50 AM

a quick one, if my current CDSC account is with one broker and i dont have any holdings and wish to transfer my account from the broker to another one and start trading again, do i still have to go through this process?
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#108 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:50:19 AM

wilyum wrote:
a quick one, if my current CDSC account is with one broker and i dont have any holdings and wish to transfer my account from the broker to another one and start trading again, do i still have to go through this process?

Accounts are never transferred,only shares.
@SufficientlyP
#109 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:57:50 AM

kanyimwa wrote:

Was seriously manhandled on KYC issues but after fully complying, I told them to write me a cheque of my credit balance and facilitate me to migrate all my portfolio to D&B who I would start with on a clean slate; without minding of a fresh kyc re-run.

They didn't believe it. Filled the forms, but another round of struggle started. They slept on my forms for two months with their agents calling me to persuade me to change my mind but I was not interested. I had to go back and make noise for the forms to be forwarded to cdsc. Two months later, I was called by D&B. Today I trade on their online system hassle free. That other place I would have to manually appear to order and track orders. So far so good, I recommend D&B

I don't follow brokers, i follow dealers. A great dealer will tell you the nature of supply/demand whether local or foreign and will give you priority. It's also good practice to recognise their efforts once in a while...eg a bottle of wine for christmas holidays, a complimentary ticket for 2 at Serena/Sarovasmile etc

#SecretToGreatWealth
#MakingMoney2014
@SufficientlyP
murchr
#110 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:51:05 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:

I don't follow brokers, i follow dealers. A great dealer will tell you the nature of supply/demand whether local or foreign and will give you priority. It's also good practice to recognise their efforts once in a while...eg a bottle of wine for christmas holidays, a complimentary ticket for 2 at Serena/Sarovasmile etc

#SecretToGreatWealth
#MakingMoney2014

Is there the need really in this day and age of Technology? You can see the demand and supply on the online platform the rest Mystockske will tell you, ama?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
#111 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:40:14 AM

murchr wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:

#SecretToGreatWealth
#MakingMoney2014

Is there the need really in this day and age of Technology? You can see the demand and supply on the online platform the rest Mystockske will tell you, ama?

If you bulk buy/sell, you certainly need them.
Big executions never appear on the board.
@SufficientlyP
VituVingiSana
#112 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:27:05 PM

Has anyone used NIC's Mobile App?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#113 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:05:02 AM

murchr wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:

#SecretToGreatWealth
#MakingMoney2014

If you bulk buy/sell, you certainly need them.
Big executions never appear on the board.

Which is to say:
1. You are a very high networth invividual; or
2. You are an institutional investor;

which is it?
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#114 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:12:32 AM

kanyimwa wrote:

If you were around and lost money to brokers in 2007-8 you would not trust your money with a broker not backed by a commercial bank.

Not saying there might be a repeat but anytime you catch a whiff of financial trouble, you take your money and run. Red signs include delayed order execution, delayed payments, high staff turn over, low staff morale, unanswered calls etc
icecube
#115 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 12:16:04 PM

sparkly wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:

If you were around and lost money to brokers in 2007-8 you would not trust your money with a broker not backed by a commercial bank.

Not saying there might be a repeat but anytime you catch a whiff of financial trouble, you take your money and run. Red signs include delayed order execution, delayed payments, high staff turn over, low staff morale, unanswered calls etc

I was around in 2007-8 but did not lose any money with a stock broker. Any broker in trouble at the moment? How is D&B? They are not backed by a commercial bank.
murchr
#116 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:48:48 PM

sparkly wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:

Does the commercial bank offer insurance? Isnt the brokerage firm a different entity from the commercial bank? I know several commercial banks that went under too what makes them immune?

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sparkly
#117 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:34:30 PM

icecube wrote:
sparkly wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:

I was around in 2007-8 but did not lose any money with a stock broker. Any broker in trouble at the moment? How is D&B? They are not backed by a commercial bank.

Not heard of any troubled Broker. I did lose some money to Solid Brokers at that time but not very much. While chasing my thousands I met others who had lost millions. Nyaga and Discount were other culprits that disappeared with peoples' money not counting other brokers who illegally traded with peoples' shares.

Decided to count my losses and move on but with a lesson learnt No. 1 rule of investment - DO NOT LOSE MONEY EITHER THROUGH WRONG CHOICE OF BROKER or through reckless speculation.
mozenrat
#118 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 3:32:48 PM

ecstacy wrote:
Mainat wrote:
Anybody else experiencing issues with Africa Alliance?

They have become one of the most useless brokers in town!! As mentioned by others, the attitude of some of their (more senior) staff is like you are pestering them. Research notes no longer coming through. Some order a while back wasn't placed in time resulting in paper loss. Then just this week, I went there a month late to confirm why I am yet to receive my Rwanda BoK dividend just to discover that BoK/AA Rwanda sent the cheques a while ago, just that AA Kenya had never picked them, may I add the collection office is in the Nairobi CBD!!! absolute bullshit. The lady at the front desk though is always so helpful. Hao wengine, buure kabisa.

I asked them about their nasty attitude and they said that they're moving away from retail business and concentrating on corporates. That's why they no longer do any research for the mass market.. They were "gently" encouraging me to move on..
VituVingiSana
#119 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:31:47 PM

sparkly wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:

AMEN...!!! Though African Alliance and Kestrel seem to be a-OK. Strong brands with clout to match.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mozenrat
#120 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:53:47 AM

kanyimwa wrote:

Not saying there might be a repeat but anytime you catch a whiff of financial trouble, you take your money and run. Red signs include delayed order execution, delayed payments, high staff turn over, low staff morale, unanswered calls etc[/quote]

@Kanyimwa, I thought you fill the forms at the broker you're moving TO.. That's what I did and therefore there was no question of delays in forwarding them to CDSC