wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<34567>
Top Stockbrokers ( Listed in Order )
Aguytrying
#81 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:23:37 PM

Tall Order wrote:
I don't know about African Alliance, what about Drummond, huge service issues. Non-execution of orders, lack of updates e.t.c.

Time to move houses, problem is I can't trade during the period and until I'm at my new broker and cleared to trade, I'm left to just watch by the sidelines.

Anyone? How long is the process/procedure before I can trade again if I decided to shift from one broker to another with same CDS account.

At least 2 months.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Angelica _ann
#82 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:24:30 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Tall Order wrote:
I don't know about African Alliance, what about Drummond, huge service issues. Non-execution of orders, lack of updates e.t.c.

Time to move houses, problem is I can't trade during the period and until I'm at my new broker and cleared to trade, I'm left to just watch by the sidelines.

Anyone? How long is the process/procedure before I can trade again if I decided to shift from one broker to another with same CDS account.

At least 2 months.

Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hisah
#83 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:28:26 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Tall Order wrote:

At least 2 months.

Two months?!? Geez what are they using to transfer the shares, a crane?!? NSE got a long way to go to reach international standards Sad

Two months is too long a wait for a liquid market.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
kasibitta
#84 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:48:51 PM

....and they are having an IPO.why do we get crappy service and still go ahead and buy shares to be a shareholders of such companies.
murchr
#85 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:49:08 PM

That is Kenya for you. Crappy service everywhere. Its now going to be 2months tomorrow since my broker submitted a request to update my bank details at CDSC. I keep calling and the guy at the other end just gvs me gibberish reasons all the time. Its about time they are sued
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Tall Order
#86 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:54:45 PM

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
murchr Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:49:08 PM

That is Kenya for you. Crappy service everywhere. Its now going to be 2months tomorrow since my broker submitted a request to update my bank details at CDSC. I keep calling and the guy at the other end just gvs me gibberish reasons all the time. Its about time they are sued
China is creating another Greece* every 3 months - Jim O'Neill ". .
kasibitta Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:48:51 PM

....and they are having an IPO.why do we get crappy service and still go ahead and buy shares to be a shareholders of such companies.
hisah Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:28:26 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Tall Order wrote:

At least 2 months.

Two months?!? Geez what are they using to transfer the shares, a crane?!? NSE got a long way to go to reach international standards Sad

No no no, what I've I got myself into, 2 months!!! Someone please pinch me, since I think I'm dreaming! Anyway when I come to my senses and the CDSC guys sort me out I'll let Wazuans know how the whole thing went about.
DBLyon
#87 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:59:42 PM

hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Tall Order wrote:

At least 2 months.

It doesn't take 2 months for you to be able to trade. So long as you've opened an account with the new broker you can trade - buy and sell other stocks, immediately.

The issue would be trading the shares being transferred. For those you need to wait. When I transferred my shares from one broker to another it took just about 3 weeks for the shares to move.
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
Aguytrying
#88 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:02:40 PM

I did it 2 years ago. they said 6 weeks, but i was closer to 8 wks
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
murchr
#89 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:27:52 PM

To transfer shares do u have to open another CDSC A/c?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
maka
#90 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:38:40 PM

murchr wrote:

I don't think so...Remember I tried it once and the forms i filled only needed the number of shares,name,passport or i.d no etc there was no indication that I needed to open a new acc,the only reason I never executed it was the back and forth,too tiring...
possunt quia posse videntur
warehema
#91 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:46:35 PM

just do as Rank Hallow has advised
Bykhovets
#92 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:32:55 PM

murchr wrote:

To transfer your holdings from one broker to another, you need to open a CDSC a/c at the broker you are transfering to.

e.g. to transfer from African Alliance to Kingdom Securities, you will need to open a CDSC account at Kingdom. If your CDSC a/c number is 123456, you will transfer from B23/123456 to B11/123456.

The transfer forms have to be signed by the broker you are transfering from, then you take them to the broker you are transfering to. The approval is done by the share registrar, CMA, NSE and finally CDSC.

1-2 month transaction process.
"Occasionally I drop a tea cup to shatter on the floor. On purpose. I am not satisfied when it does not gather itself up again. Someday perhaps that cup will come together."
Tall Order
#93 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:14:55 PM

@Bykhovets, thanks for clearing the issue about changing stockbrokers, I'll report back with exact timings as and when I'm done with the process.
Akenyan2014
#94 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:25:10 PM

maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

I don't think so...Remember I tried it once and the forms i filled only needed the number of shares,name,passport or i.d no etc there was no indication that I needed to open a new acc,the only reason I never executed it was the back and forth,too tiring...

Mine was transfer of coop shares in 2010. It took a whole year to see my balances in my CDS account. By the time I got the shares the value had been shaved by half. I wish the owner had sold it and transferred cash to me at a discount!
INTERESTING!
#95 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 3:05:51 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha WHAT A THREAD!!!!Applause Applause Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
maka
#96 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 8:35:54 AM

Bykhovets wrote:
murchr wrote:

To transfer your holdings from one broker to another, you need to open a CDSC a/c at the broker you are transfering to.

e.g. to transfer from African Alliance to Kingdom Securities, you will need to open a CDSC account at Kingdom. If your CDSC a/c number is 123456, you will transfer from B23/123456 to B11/123456.

The transfer forms have to be signed by the broker you are transfering from, then you take them to the broker you are transfering to. The approval is done by the share registrar, CMA, NSE and finally CDSC.

That B11-B23 etc is the investment bank/brokerage code right?effectively you are not opening a new CDS account,you will maintain the same CDS account number with a different firm code...
possunt quia posse videntur
Boris Boyka
#97 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 9:32:10 AM

maka wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
murchr wrote:

That B11-B23 etc is the investment bank/brokerage code right?effectively you are not opening a new CDS account,you will maintain the same CDS account number with a different firm code...

Think it's acc migration similar to moving your bank acc from one branch to another branch ; it also has got issues too.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Tall Order
#98 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 5:41:59 AM

Account migration is not similar to moving bank accounts since the former involves the transfer of your assets (in shares under the same CDS account) to a new broker. While Banks you usually open a completely new account and you can start transacting almost immediately.
Boris Boyka
#99 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:30:05 AM

Tall Order wrote:
Account migration is not similar to moving bank accounts since the former involves the transfer of your assets (in shares under the same CDS account) to a new broker. While Banks you usually open a completely new account and you can start transacting almost immediately.

@Tall order have ever done the moving bank accounts? I did with KCB there's this nicknaming what is it. Consider the acc having cash to be moved also. With that I encountered issues like missing signature, missing photo when transacting in other branches .....that was back 2009.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Ngalaka
#100 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 10:33:46 AM

What became of Ngenye Kariuki?
Can one safely sell their holding with them now?

Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu