wazua Fri, May 10, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<23456>»
Top Stockbrokers ( Listed in Order )
anika66
#61 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 9:47:17 PM

Genghis Capital Ltd, do you have services for those of us in the diaspora and if so, how can i contact you?
Keeping it all in the family
Afroblk
#62 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:21:38 AM

Did anyone receive a letter from CFC stating they will be outsourcing the stock broking to Agents? Have no idea what's happening or is my portfolio manager starting his own stock broking company and using CFC letterheads to grab clients? Somebody please enlighten me. Thanks
Knowledge is contagious...Infect truth!
GenghisCapitalLtd
#63 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:03:05 AM

anika66 wrote:
Genghis Capital Ltd, do you have services for those of us in the diaspora and if so, how can i contact you?

@anika66 Thank you for your question. I will have to find out more information on this because I don't want to offer empty promises. If you could send me your email address I will get in touch with you personally and ensure providence of an adequate nature.
Follow us on Twitter @genghiscapital
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” Steve Jobs,iGenius
ngapat
#64 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:29:02 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
annsal wrote:

after a sale i normally get my cheque the next day- if the amount is below 250/=,

And how often does anyone sell shares below 250?smile

100 eveready shares Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
sumber
#65 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:13:56 PM

I think CFC are the only brokers who have an online platform where you transact with your shares directly. Before you transact you can even check on orders and their various prices.
As for the rest of the brokers, i cant rank them.
annsal
#66 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:28:30 PM

annsal wrote:

personally i think Apex should among the top five, reasons being:- orders are executed promptly and if not you are called and informed, after a sale i normally get my cheque the next day- if the amount is below 250/=, it has an efficient, friendly customer relations department . the only setback is that they dont have online trading- hope the management is working on this.

My bad i meant... 250,000/=, then, right now i don't know whats happening there,i moved to Cfc.It was becoming hard for me to keep on forging relationships with the customer care staff, today you are dealing with "X" tomorrow she is gone, you start with someone else after a few months she/he is gone, you start getting worried, like are you really in the right place ama the boat is gonna get rocked right under your feet.
God loves a Trier!
annsal
#67 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:33:11 PM

ngapat wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
annsal wrote:

after a sale i normally get my cheque the next day- if the amount is below 250/=,

@ngapat see my latest post- no 66, Fyi...i dont own any eveready shares.
God loves a Trier!
youcan'tstopusnow
#68 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:48:22 PM

annsal wrote:
ngapat wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
annsal wrote:

Laughing out loudlyGlad you've FINALLY cleared that up
I agree that it is tiresome for one to form new relationships every time. In such a sensitive deptartment, I don't appreciate staff changes every other week. Their online trading CFC is satisfactory (when its working;-))
Hope their outsourcing, if we are to go with Afroblk's comment above, won't have a negative impact
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
GenghisCapitalLtd
#69 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:43:47 AM

GenghisCapitalLtd wrote:
anika66 wrote:

@anika66 Thank you for your question. I will have to find out more information on this because I don't want to offer empty promises. If you could send me your email address I will get in touch with you personally and ensure providence of an adequate nature.

@anika66 As promised I did follow up on your question. With regards to diaspora clients we do offer services and you can contact us at info@genghis-capital.com. Our account opening forms are available online at www.genghis-capital.com, once you fill them you can send them via email to the same email address as stated above together with soft-copy of notarized supporting documents. Once this is received you will be sent a password for your account as well as be assigned a relationship officer. Any activity in your account will result in updated statements sent to your email address immediately though we will be sending you monthly statements and any research reports that affects the regional market written by our competent team. Any more queries please don't hesitate to send it to the above email address.

We already do have live market data streaming on our webpage that is available to you. This data has a lag therefore the plan we have in place is to have a seamless link with the NSE to eliminate this lag. This will increase efficiency on trades as you will be receiving live data straight from the NSE. This service will be available to our clients. We continually look for ways to make trading easier for our clients and enhance our forte of Relationship Brokerage.
Follow us on Twitter @genghiscapital
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” Steve Jobs,iGenius
annsal
#70 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 4:21:29 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
annsal wrote:
ngapat wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
annsal wrote:

I agree that it is tiresome for one to form new relationships every time. In such a sensitive deptartment, I don't appreciate staff changes every other week. Their online trading CFC is satisfactory (when its working;-))
Hope their outsourcing, if we are to go with Afroblk's comment above, won't have a negative impact

I hope things will be ok after the outsourcing- though i am yet to receive my letter.yeah that was a typo error... at times its allowed.Am quite comfortable with them.
God loves a Trier!
annsal
#71 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 4:23:27 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
annsal wrote:
ngapat wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
annsal wrote:

I hope things will be ok after the outsourcing- though i am yet to receive my letter.yeah that was a typo error... at times its allowed.Am quite comfortable with them.
God loves a Trier!
anika66
#72 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:09:57 PM

Afroblk wrote:
Did anyone receive a letter from CFC stating they will be outsourcing the stock broking to Agents? Have no idea what's happening or is my portfolio manager starting his own stock broking company and using CFC letterheads to grab clients? Somebody please enlighten me. Thanks

Afroblk

I am also wondering coz a person i used to deal with in CFC informed me that he has moved to a subsidiary called KVG or such. However he was able to execute for me an order although my account is with CFC. I wish CFC could clarify this. smile
anika66
#73 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:11:48 PM

GenghisCapitalLtd wrote:
GenghisCapitalLtd wrote:
anika66 wrote:

@anika66 As promised I did follow up on your question. With regards to diaspora clients we do offer services and you can contact us at info@genghis-capital.com. Our account opening forms are available online at www.genghis-capital.com, once you fill them you can send them via email to the same email address as stated above together with soft-copy of notarized supporting documents. Once this is received you will be sent a password for your account as well as be assigned a relationship officer. Any activity in your account will result in updated statements sent to your email address immediately though we will be sending you monthly statements and any research reports that affects the regional market written by our competent team. Any more queries please don't hesitate to send it to the above email address.

We already do have live market data streaming on our webpage that is available to you. This data has a lag therefore the plan we have in place is to have a seamless link with the NSE to eliminate this lag. This will increase efficiency on trades as you will be receiving live data straight from the NSE. This service will be available to our clients. We continually look for ways to make trading easier for our clients and enhance our forte of Relationship Brokerage.

Thanks. I will check you out. Regards
Insurgent
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:43:09 AM

anika66 wrote:

Afroblk

I am also wondering coz a person i used to deal with in CFC informed me that he has moved to a subsidiary called KVG or such. However he was able to execute for me an order although my account is with CFC. I wish CFC could clarify this. smile

This is very serious. Get us some clarification please. If they want agents, they should post the same in a newspaper as former employees might take advantage of CFC silence.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

pariah
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:09:34 AM

how are the agents at CFC?
Mainat
#76 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:32:32 PM

Anybody else experiencing issues with Africa Alliance?
Sehemu ndio nyumba
kasibitta
#77 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:22:01 PM

@mainat...what kind of issues.Its good to specify.Though i personally have them, and use them once in a while, they are a pain to deal with.Worse off is the attitude of their staff
Tall Order
#78 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:27:16 PM

I don't know about African Alliance, what about Drummond, huge service issues. Non-execution of orders, lack of updates e.t.c.

Time to move houses, problem is I can't trade during the period and until I'm at my new broker and cleared to trade, I'm left to just watch by the sidelines.

Anyone? How long is the process/procedure before I can trade again if I decided to shift from one broker to another with same CDS account.
DBLyon
#79 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:37:34 PM

Mainat wrote:

What kind of issues? I moved my account from them for they would delay making orders, not always respond to queries on the said orders unless you got linked to someone through someone you know. The couple of times I visited them I didn't get the sense of being a valued customer. The day I went in to move my account they did not express regret; indeed, they didn't ask why I was moving. My conclusion is that they feel nothing for small potatoes...they possibly are only interested in large corporates. Of course, I could be wrong, this is just speculation.

I moved to SBG, I use the online platform, and I have never looked back.
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
ecstacy
#80 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:48:31 PM

Mainat wrote:

They have become one of the most useless brokers in town!! As mentioned by others, the attitude of some of their (more senior) staff is like you are pestering them. Research notes no longer coming through. Some order a while back wasn't placed in time resulting in paper loss. Then just this week, I went there a month late to confirm why I am yet to receive my Rwanda BoK dividend just to discover that BoK/AA Rwanda sent the cheques a while ago, just that AA Kenya had never picked them, may I add the collection office is in the Nairobi CBD!!! absolute bullshit. The lady at the front desk though is always so helpful. Hao wengine, buure kabisa.