wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Kenya's case may fry the ICC
simonkabz
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:03:47 AM

The following is a personal opinion on the subject matter. Supposing ocampo fails, the credibility of the hague court will be dealt a serious blow, thanx to its decision to take up a TRIVIAL case. If Kenya withdraws fm the Rome statute, most African states (going by the overwhelming antipathy) will follow, n the ICC will be toast. What has astounded me is the Kenyan media's religious support of that skewed/biased court, supposedly speaking on behalf of kenyans. Which Kenyans? Apart fm the small wazua community, I have met very few pple supporting Ocampo. Most interviewees that I have seen on TV are vouching 4 a local solution. All politicians but RAO n clique, Mutula n Karua are 4a kenyan solution.....Careful Ocampo, lest u get hoisted by own petard....
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
nostoppingthis
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:04:47 PM

simonkabz wrote:
The following is a personal opinion on the subject matter. Supposing ocampo fails, the credibility of the hague court will be dealt a serious blow, thanx to its decision to take up a TRIVIAL case. If Kenya withdraws fm the Rome statute, most African states (going by the overwhelming antipathy) will follow, n the ICC will be toast. What has astounded me is the Kenyan media's religious support of that skewed/biased court, supposedly speaking on behalf of kenyans. Which Kenyans? Apart fm the small wazua community, I have met very few pple supporting Ocampo. Most interviewees that I have seen on TV are vouching 4 a local solution. All politicians but RAO n clique, Mutula n Karua are 4a kenyan solution.....Careful Ocampo, lest u get hoisted by own petard....

@thimioni, i beg to differ, before this process began, RAO pushed for a local tribunal, but akina WSR/UK rejected it through parliament (now they regret). As recently as yesterday, RAO stated on one of the news channel that he would still like a local tribunal. That notwithstanding, the case is already at the ICC. In the event that Kenya pulls out and sets up a local tribunal, can an ICC representative provide evidence? just wondering....
newfarer
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:11:05 PM

simonkabz wrote:

Do you listen to Radio Jambo , Radio citizen , Radio Maisha , Radio Umoja in the Morning? Most callers or contributors support Hague, These are not Wazuans

Simion, why can we do a poll here ?

Do you support ICC Or Local Tribunal?

Choose 1 for ICC and 2 for Local Tribunal.

Newfarer -1 Icc My simple reason If there has not been any prosecution since 2008 locally, what guarantees us anyone will be prosecuted locally before 2090?
Watu wakonde Hague

Do not underestimate Wazua, the pre-referendum opinion poll on Wazua was almost exactly the same as the actual referendum results

punda amecheka
McReggae
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:17:00 PM

ICC goes my vote!!!

If these trials were to be done locally, do you think General Ali and Muthaura will be called to count now that they were suppossedly acting on instructions from the 'government'???
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Jus Blazin
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:31:40 PM

ati most people dont prefer ICC?? Geez, I think its the other way round. We all know, even with this new constitution what a local tribunal would do.

ICC gets my vote. Thats for me and my family.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
KulaRaha
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:38:12 PM

icc icc icc icc icc

I see icc

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
McReggae
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:42:44 PM

So far I read 5 for ICC and 1 (thimioni) for local solution!!!!
K22
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:44:20 PM

ICC

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
smith01
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:48:46 PM

ICC ICC!! If not, then 2012 will just be a repeat of 2007! And you all know how the judicial system in Kenya is weak hence the preference of a local tribunal. @siomonkabz..speak for urself!
nostoppingthis
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:49:05 PM

ICC
Wa_ithaka
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:50:41 PM

In the words of Ruto, don't be vague, go Hague.

Twede, twede twede.

ICC
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:52:27 PM

Hehehehehee amazing! Thimioni on his own LOL!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
bwenyenye
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:55:21 PM

@Simo

How did you get the idea that Kenyans prefer a local cock-up... sorry a local set up??

ICC it is for me!
I Think Therefore I Am
simonkabz
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:02:31 PM

@bwenyefnyef....machinani bro.... My opinion is, vandu va machinani wako na mimi hehe
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
TAZ
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:03:57 PM

Both are useless......The hague has already lost credibility and Kenyans are not so hopefully anymore while we all know how a local tribunal will end. Lets just get rid of ruto, Kalonzo, Uhuru, Mk, Rao and the rest.
Murira Ikihia
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:08:00 PM

For many reasons that I can't detail here, I prefer the ICC option. It will air most of the rot in our current political system including the "safi kama pamba" variety in our midst. Waende.
smith01
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:08:02 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

@Simo

How did you get the idea that Kenyans prefer a local cock-up... sorry a local set up??

ICC it is for me!

@Bwenyenye...well put. cock-up or is it cook-up?
smile
KulaRaha
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:08:39 PM

ICC president is complaining today eh cant secure appointments with the Big Two tax-eaters...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
kadonye
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:13:32 PM

I abstain
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
McReggae
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:15:49 PM

kadonye wrote:
I abstain

Sounds kalonzoish!!!!!