wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Kenya Presidential Candidates 2012
caesar
#1 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 8:48:00 PM

Kenya elections 2012 will be fragmented and over crowded,Unless there are primary elections to weed out may candidates There is a high likelihood of Kenyans electing an unpopular president and Prime Minister. Here are some of the candidates I think will run.

1. Raila Odinga,2. Kalonzo Musyoka,3. William Ruto,4. Uhuru Kenyatta,5. Martha Karua,6. Ledama Ole Kina,7. Julia Ojiambo,8. Paul Muite,9. Pius Muiru,10. Musalia Mudavadi,11. Charity Ngilu,12. Amos Kimunya,13. George Saitoti,14. Jimmy Kibaki,15. Wakoli Bifwoli,16. PLO Lumumba,17. Musikari kombo,18. Kamlesh Pattni,19. Najib Balala,20. Peter Kenneth,21. Kalembe Ndile,22. Gideon Moi,23. Ali Makwere,24 Maina Kiai,25. Mwalimu Mati,26. Bitange Ndemo,27. Nicholas Biwott,29. Francis Atwoli,30. Cyrus Jirongo,31. Gitobu Imanyara,32. Joseph Luketon,33. Koigi Wa Wamwere,34. Maina Njenga,35. Joseph Munyes

Predicted winners

President: William Ruto

Prime Minister: Raila Odinga
m water
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:12:00 AM

and candidate number 28 is.................................

tuweke amani for all the people
simonkabz
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:20:00 AM

Fm ua list,I only recognize 3 major forces,RAO,UK,PK. The rest ni kìrìndì.

The only reason why some people are still alive is coz its illegal to shoot them!!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Magigi
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:35:00 AM

...why did you leave me out?. Be serious sometimes....
Kaigangio
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:05:00 AM

@ magigi,

...the reason why you were left out is you don't even have qualifications for a headman...let alone sub-chief...heheheheheh!!!!

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Ken K
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:14:00 AM

How can you leave out Baba Jimmy?

What if the date is pushed to 2015? Baba J will still be the winner in 2012.
Sober
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:48:00 AM

You have a very wide list till all the critics have been accomodated. I propose you come up with the top ten and you see sparks here.

A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing posibility.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
caesar
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:59:00 PM

ha ha ha I missed #28...

The Top ten picks would be 1.Raila Odinga,2.Kalonzo Musyoka,3.William Ruto,4.Uhuru Kenyatta,5.Martha Karua,6.Musalia Mudavadi,7.Musikari Kombo,8.Najib Balala, 9.Francis Atwoli,10.Nicholas Biwott

My point is,That in 2012 we will recycle the same old guys.
Wendz
#9 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 1:48:00 PM

May be @Magigi should take up that slot then

28. Magigi

“Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything,money is handy.” - ~ Groucho Marx.......................

BUT

.......................“I’m living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart.” - e e cummings
Djinn
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:01:00 AM

I think RAO has a GOOD chance IF.......he stays on course with the Mau issue,if he maintains the support of some solid men behind him,esp from the Rift - men who are immune with regard to the Mau issue and not those motor mouths we all know. Men from the rift who have cabinet positions and ACTUALLY doing their work. He has helped marshal foreign support in terms of aid for Kenya at a time when we are really hurting. If he maintains the same image as after his baptism (i.e. low profile) - he stands the best chance. Not meaning to be tribal but at this juncture no central province candidate like UK can marshal support - even if MK and Moi both gave their blessings. neither a rift valley candidate. My two bits (and from someone who voted for PNU).

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
Djinn
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:14:00 AM

@ceaser - ave! What I think oF your top 10

1.Raila Odinga - 70-80% CHANCE 2.Kalonzo Musyoka - 5% CHANCE - 50% OF KENYANS WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE GUY WHO HELPED TIP THE SCALE THE WRONG WAY - THE OTHER 50% COULDN'T CARE LESS. TRACK RECORD - WHAT HAS HE DONE OF ANY SUBSTANCE IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?,3.William Ruto - 10-15% - IS A CLEAR THINKER BUT GIVEN THE POWER STRUGGLES IN THE RIFT....4.Uhuru Kenyatta ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND 0.5% CHANCE 5.Martha Karua - 20-25% CHANCE - WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE? BUT LETS FACE IT,THE MALE ELECTORATE ARE LARGELY VERY JINGOISTIC ... MAYBE AS A RUNNING MATE TO RAO SHE CAN MAKE IT AS PM AND HE AS PRESIDENT - NOW THAT WOULD BE EXCELLENT! 6.Musalia Mudavadi NONE STARTER - BTW WHERE THE F IS HE? 7.Musikari Kombo NON STARTER - I'D RATHER SOMEONE SAID MUKHISA KITUYI,8.Najib Balala - HMMM..0.25% CHANCE 9.Francis Atwoli 1% CHANCE - WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL LOCKED UP IN FACTORIES OVERNIGHT? WHY DO CONSTRUCTION WORKERS STILL NOT HAVE HELMETS AND SAFETY GEAR? HOW MANY VICTIMS OF INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENTS GET STIFFED (AND CRIPPLED) AND END UP WITH NO COMPENSATION THANKS TO POOR STEWARDSHIP? - THAT PART OF THE ELECTORATE MAY LIKE HIS RHETORIC AND GREAT ORATION,BUT HIS ACTIONS AS A LABOUR UNIONIST ARE VERY LACKING. A MAJOR MOTOR MOUTH IMHO. 10.Nicholas Biwott. 0.0000125% CHANCE.

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
caesar
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:27:00 PM

Political dilemas:

Mau & ADC,Procecuting Post Election Violence perpetrators, eradicating Corruption,Hunger and water,a New Constitution,Resettling IDP's,Un employment,Electricity rationing,rising inflation,Insecurity,Weak goverment institutions,Poverty,Diseases,illiteracy, Poor infrastructure...

Who alive in Kenya can resolve these serious issues. Whether in my top 10 list or outside.

Who does Kenya really need?

Another coalition government will be the best option in 2012. All hands on deck approach...

Kusadikika
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:50:00 PM

The president in 2012 will be the one who gets the equation right on the results of the current census. You can be sure the most important question on that census questionnare as far as all politicians are concerned is TRIBE. When all the numbers are in the tribal chiefs will sit and negotiate. Track record,corruption allegations,who has done what or been involved in what scandal are irrelevant. The man in the strongest bargaining position is Raila since he is the only one who has absolute control of the whole of his community,he has the power to get votes from his people as well as the power to tell them who to vote for or against. The Rift Valley is a tussle between Moi and Ruto. If Ruto and Moi are in agreement they can together have a Raila like command over the sizable Kalenjin vote. The central province vote is a solid vote only if there is one main Central province presidential candidate. The problem Uhuru has is that while he can get the whole central province vote if he were the sole candidate from there,he does not have the power to tell the community to vote for someone else. Uhuru can therefore only negotiate if he is the presidential candidate but can never be a king maker. Kalonzo has the best chance of being in the next government but only if he does not run but supports another candidate. By any means the next president will not be decided by the electorate but by the people Ceasar has listed sitting in a boardroom. The mwanachi will be preached to from the same age old campaign text which includes some key words that he loves hearing,fight against corruption,education,roads,water etc etc. He will be led in singing 'Bado mapambano' and after a few runs around chanting 'haki yetu' he will be asked to rubber stamp the choice of his tribal king. He has never been known to object.

Weusi wa nywele za mshtakiwa zaonyesha ujinga alio nao
Mosby
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:06:00 PM

God grant us a good dictator!,one who wil implement good progressive policies wit zero tolerance 2 opposition...

:::
simonkabz
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:58:00 PM

RAO? Got nothing against him bt i highly doubt he can even marshall the kind of support he enjoyed in 2007. I can bet he certainly wont make it. I foresee a new face up there! Its taking some shape already...

The only reason why some people are still alive is coz its illegal to shoot them!!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
sheep
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:49:00 AM

Baba jim will refuse kung'atuka ....I swear its gonna be crazy...I'll be in Tz by then.
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
Djinn
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:22:00 AM

@Simonkabz - regarding RAO - stranger things have been known to happen in Kenya. Imagine an alliance between RAO and Martha Karua - Karua mainly found Ruto the most objectionable person in ODM during and after 07 (after mainly on the hague issue) - On the chess board of politics they almost lined up as bishop against bishop in terms of the hierarchy and traded barbs at that level. Of course in terms of profession (law) - none of the legal eagles in ODM (or even the best 5 combined) can measure up to ONE Karua smile The other thing to note is that now that MK cannot run,part of the objection to Central (ergo Karua) is removed. In 2002,we had the most UNLIKELY alliance and it served to start the first wave of a revolution. We have some time yet before this can happen - the game needs to play out a bit more before 2012 - the likely candidates need to know which way their respective cats will jump - its too soon to know which personalities in the rift will remain in ODM,which will revert to Kanu and which will support the next PNU (its VERY likely PNU will also fracture) and the next ODM (this too may not reach 2012 as ODM)

extrablessed
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:41:00 AM

If Kenyans were rational beings looking for real leader,the would pick on PETER KENNETH. But being whom we are,even Obama would not ganner a 20% were he to contest in Kenya. Things are that bad!

Life is worth living cos God planned it to be so.
caesar
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:27:00 PM

One of many winning tickets

(Odinga: President

Uhuru: PM

Mudavadi: VP

Balala: Deputy PM

Ngilu Deputy PM)

Make your own...
B.Timer
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:00:00 PM

@Simonkabz,

I am with you.
Raila reached his menopause in 2007.
That was his apex.
He probably knows it and may opt not to run in 2012,to avert embarassment.
He might front Mudavadi instead,his obedient leutnant.

B.timer
Dunia ni msongamano..