Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Pajero vs Prado/harrier/Kluger
jerry
#41 Posted : Saturday, May 02, 2015 11:24:53 PM

Gathige wrote:
jerry wrote:
Gathige wrote:
I have a Harrier 3.0. Smooth drive, high elevation, engine has power esp when accelerating uphill and very silent inside ( no engine noise). Downside, terrible on mud and Guzzler.

how many Kpl?

The best i have recorded is 10-12kpl on a highway drive. On slow traffic as poor as 6kpl. Prefers to use on long distances but on short distances nope.

Thanks. Reason for my interest in kpl is that my 1998 CRV does 8.4 kpl.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
faa
#42 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 12:50:10 AM

Good discussion

On a different issue though...anybody who knows the consumption of the new subaru forester model with an engine of 2.0l and no turbo,compared to a toyota premio 1.8l or 2. 0l?

Torn btwn the 2. Advice pls

Thanks
premio
#43 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 6:18:20 AM

The premio will return around 15km per litre town drive and as high as 22km per litre in highway driving depending on your driving.The 1800cc 2wd uses the Dual VVTI engine thats runs on double camshaft the power is great too. The subaru 2000cc AWD will have no fuel economy to talk of its heavier meaning u will trend at 8-10km per litre town use and a maximum of 14kpl highway
innovator
#44 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 6:59:19 AM

premio wrote:
The premio will return around 15km per litre town drive and as high as 22km per litre in highway driving depending on your driving.The 1800cc 2wd uses the Dual VVTI engine thats runs on doubles camshaft the power is great too. The subaru 2000cc AWD will have no fuel economy to talk offers, and a its heavier meaning u will trend at 8-10km per litre town use and a maximum of 14kpl highway

This i can bet, a premio either 1.8l or 2.0l cannot do 22km/l
ZZE123
#45 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 11:49:38 AM

kizee1 wrote:
how does the new model prado fair in terms of stability

TRJ150 is quite stable compared to the older models. It is also quite comfortable off road
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
ZZE123
#46 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 11:52:06 AM

Robinhood wrote:
kalenjinherdsboy wrote:
mmarto wrote:

In the absence of professional analysis, based on kenyan roads, all these comparisons are a matter of perception/preference. Not too long ago we were told to keep off the discovery coz it was prone to rolling!!! Then it was the prado....confusing???

Prados have the wrong suspension settings for a luxury car and they are too narrow for a car that tall.
Get a test drive and try to do 100 on a highway if you want to know how unstable this car is. Or better yet talk to the sales guys at Toyota Kenya, they dont recommend Prados to their clients.

You advise is so herds boy chief smile
How do you mean that Toyota Kenya sales people do not recommend Prados. Eish!!
I have driven prados and this car is great.

I agree 100%
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Sigiriri
#47 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 3:22:15 PM

innovator wrote:
premio wrote:
The premio will return around 15km per litre town drive and as high as 22km per litre in highway driving depending on your driving.The 1800cc 2wd uses the Dual VVTI engine thats runs on doubles camshaft the power is great too. The subaru 2000cc AWD will have no fuel economy to talk offers, and a its heavier meaning u will trend at 8-10km per litre town use and a maximum of 14kpl highway

Enyewe the new dual VVTi engine is good, significantly better than previous engine on fuel economy and even power delivery. But 22kpl is over-ambitious @Premio. Even 15kpl town (meaning heavy traffic) is lucky. More reasonable numbers would be 15-16kpl highway and about 12kpl in traffic. This would be for the 1.8liter engine.
faa
#48 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 3:28:18 PM

Sigiriri wrote:
innovator wrote:
premio wrote:

Enyewe the new dual VVTi engine is good, significantly better than previous engine on fuel economy and even power delivery. But 22kpl is over-ambitious @Premio. Even 15kpl town (meaning heavy traffic) is lucky. More reasonable numbers would be 15-16kpl highway and about 12kpl in traffic. This would be for the 1.8liter engine.

no much significant difference on fuel consumption then btn a forester and a premio 2.0l.

Parts pricing maybe.?
mkenyan
#49 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 6:00:24 PM

Gathige wrote:
jerry wrote:
Gathige wrote:
I have a Harrier 3.0. Smooth drive, high elevation, engine has power esp when accelerating uphill and very silent inside ( no engine noise). Downside, terrible on mud and Guzzler.

how many Kpl?

The best i have recorded is 10-12kpl on a highway drive. On slow traffic as poor as 6kpl. Prefers to use on long distances but on short distances nope.

my 2.0 litre sedan gives me 5-6 kpl town and about 10-12 kpl on the highway and don't think it is guzzling. think that usage on a 3.0 litre is pretty great and not guzzler territory.
ole3
#50 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 10:38:39 PM

mkenyan wrote:
Gathige wrote:
jerry wrote:
Gathige wrote:

how many Kpl?

my 2.0 litre sedan gives me 5-6 kpl town and about 10-12 kpl on the highway and don't think it is guzzling. think that usage on a 3.0 litre is pretty great and not guzzler territory.

p

unless you spend weekends in garage or got a recently new car me think @
12kpl is good
premio
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2015 7:31:44 AM

The topic is abt pajero vs prado i have seen abt 3 heavily smoking pajeros on the roads last 3 days and one was dead along forest rd carrying a bridal party how bad in as much as the Prado is overpriced the pajero is not reliable. Yes the premio/Allion 1800cc does 22kmpl i have done it not twice not thrice many times i sell them and mostly drive from mombasa to Nairobi on about 2500kes worth of fuel. 22km pl is for gentle speed pickup not aggressive driving u want to hit 120kmph 5 metres after the bump no
Sigiriri
#52 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 3:14:29 PM

I have seen smoking range rovers, prados, VXs, Hilux, datsun, daihatsu, mercedes, and everything in between(hardly any VWs though) including smoking humans. I never concluded that smoke meant they were bad - I mostly concluded the owner isn't looking after it well. Dead cars we see everyday - again not a direct pointer at unreliability of the make n model.
When the prado wins the paris dakar even I will be forced to listen. For now, Nissan Patrol, LR incl. Discovery, Touareg, the mighty VX - are awesome and fully capable 4wds that rival the prado on all fronts but most of all in the value sector.
My post is not meant to make the prado look bad, just to mention that options exist that offer better value for your money. Prado@>3M vs Touareg @2.5M vs Pajero @2.5M what makes more value sense?
Robinhood
#53 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 4:42:25 PM

Sigiriri wrote:
I have seen smoking range rovers, prados, VXs, Hilux, datsun, daihatsu, mercedes, and everything in between(hardly any VWs though) including smoking humans. I never concluded that smoke meant they were bad - I mostly concluded the owner isn't looking after it well. Dead cars we see everyday - again not a direct pointer at unreliability of the make n model.
When the prado wins the paris dakar even I will be forced to listen. For now, Nissan Patrol, LR incl. Discovery, Touareg, the mighty VX - are awesome and fully capable 4wds that rival the prado on all fronts but most of all in the value sector.
My post is not meant to make the prado look bad, just to mention that options exist that offer better value for your money. Prado@>3M vs Touareg @2.5M vs Pajero @2.5M what makes more value sense?

@Siringi. I concur on taking care of your vehicle. Prado cannot compare to the Touareg. Different vehicles kabisa
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Chaka
#54 Posted : Thursday, May 07, 2015 4:31:44 PM

Sigiriri wrote:

Here,are you referring to the diesel variants or petrol or both?
Sigiriri
#55 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 3:29:43 PM

I refer mostly to the diesels. I find that engines on such vehicles and where you really are hoping for economy and some good torque then turbo diesel makes more sense.

The petrols are also fair, but honestly are more for ordinary driving and soft-roading than anything else. Own opinion, so please don't crucify me.
Robinhood
#56 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 5:42:33 PM

Sigiriri wrote:
I refer mostly to the diesels. I find that engines on such vehicles and where you really are hoping for economy and some good torque then turbo diesel makes more sense.

The petrols are also fair, but honestly are more for ordinary driving and soft-roading than anything else. Own opinion, so please don't crucify me.

I have driven a Prado turbo diesel. Most obedient car I have ever driven especially uphill.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Chaka
#57 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 6:34:17 PM

Robinhood wrote:

I have driven a Prado turbo diesel. Most obedient car I have ever driven especially uphill.

As compared to what?
stock.enigma
#58 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 7:06:06 PM

This discussion didn't end. Considering buying Pajero 3200cc diesel vs prado 2700cc tx petrol
quicksand
#59 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:56:31 PM

stock.enigma wrote:
This discussion didn't end. Considering buying Pajero 3200cc diesel vs prado 2700cc tx petrol

A friend of mine has one, the 2700 cc petrol...hates it. It is a bit thirsty and gutless cause of the bulk...
There is a 4000cc petrol..I was a passenger in one from Nairobi to Maua once...it drank about 8,000/- worth of juice, one way. In conclusion, tafuta pesa, get the D4-D diesel version of the Prado. I would even rather have the Fortuner diesel than the petrol.
Swenani
#60 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 9:51:20 AM

quicksand wrote:
stock.enigma wrote:

A friend of mine has one, the 2700 cc petrol...hates it. It is a bit thirsty and gutless cause of the bulk...
There is a 4000cc petrol..I was a passenger in one from Nairobi to Maua once...it drank about 8,000/- worth of juice, one way. In conclusion, tafuta pesa, get the D4-D diesel version of the Prado. I would even rather have the Fortuner diesel than the petrol.

Once you buy a prado, you stop worrying about fuel and maintenance costs. Otherwise, let him/her buy a belta 1000cc. You will drive all the way to kapenguria and back at a mere KShs 5,000 and service the car for only 3000 with some lose change to buy vice quarter as the car gets serviced
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?