wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Top 50 Private Secondary Schools
Ric dees
#41 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:26:54 PM

"At school you are engaged not so much in acquiring knowledge as in making mental efforts under criticism. A certain amount of knowledge you can indeed with average faculties acquire so as to retain; nor need you regret the hours you spent on much that is forgotten, for the shadow of lost knowledge at least protects you from many illusions. But you go to a great school not so much for knowledge as for arts and habits; for the habit of attention, for the art of expression, for the art of assuming at a moment's notice a new intellectual position, for the art of entering quickly into another person's thoughts, for the habit of submitting to censure and refutation, for the art of indicating assent or dissent in graduated terms, for the habit of regarding minute points of accuracy, for the art of working out what is possible in a given time, for taste, for discrimination, for mental courage, and for mental soberness."

William Johnson (later Cory), King's Scholar 1832-41, Master 1845-72

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
Gordon Gekko
#42 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 7:24:25 AM

kelele.com wrote:
@ WENDZ....Riara Ngong road is primary school

The secondary is found in Imara Daima Estate, Off Mombasa Road

I hear they are building another sec sch - that building at the entrance of Kibera Highrise Estate on Mbagathi Way.
Dash
#43 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 9:39:12 AM

@Gordon Gekko its a college being built not a secondary
Njung'e
#44 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 9:58:18 AM

@Pondi,
Best class for boarding is form 1.Kid still needs care of mom and dad.Some kids get disoriented by this boarding stuff for life.You do not want your kid to believe that you dumped him/her.I wouldn't advocate.

@GG,
Booker=80K per year for sec kids....and around 50k per year for primary boarding.......Isn't that premium enough?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Gordon Gekko
#45 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 11:11:12 AM

@Njung'e, many thanks. I'll get my machinery moving.
marex
#46 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 4:18:33 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
kelele.com wrote:
@ WENDZ....Riara Ngong road is primary school

The secondary is found in Imara Daima Estate, Off Mombasa Road

I hear they are building another sec sch - that building at the entrance of Kibera Highrise Estate on Mbagathi Way.

its stalled
The way I am
Gordon Gekko
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:18:54 PM

@marex, was there this morning - you know that is where mpango wa kando yuko and there were people working at the site....
kingfisher
#48 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 11:23:27 AM

Wazua Mixed Day and Boarding Ice Cool......that's a business opportunity!!! I book a space in 2030 form 1 intake.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Gordon Gekko
#49 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2011 2:56:25 PM

@njunge, @marex, very many thanks for all the info and tit bits. My boy is sitting in a classroom at Booker as I write this. Nani kama Wazua???Applause Applause
subzero
#50 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2011 4:01:00 PM

Congrats,!!!

But all the way in mumias ? ama where are you located? ama distance is not an issue here
nesta
#51 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2011 4:47:34 PM

Wodu Wakiri wrote:
People,
This post exemplifies what ails our national thinking and psyche regarding education. It's all about examination results. How about listing schools that produce well-rounded self-aware individuals who can cope with the pressures of the Flat World?
IMHO Academic knowledge beyond a certain degree is plain superfluous. You only need so much after which your life skills better be good.
If you doubt me, just take a moment and glance around your office. You'll see an accountant who was in Alliance working next to another accountant who schooled in say Laikipia Girls. Likewise you'll see an IT guy who studied in Mang'u working alongside another who was in Marsabit High.
Somewhere along the way we all encounter what I call "THE GREAT EQUALIZER". I don't know what it is but somehow we all end up being almost the same-in terms of jobs we hold, neighborhoods we live in, cars we drive, lifestyles we lead etc. Somehow the schools that we went to don't come into play.

Well, i think there is some truth in it although this post does not cover the whole pic. You see, the reason why you will find someone who went to alliance in the same office with someone who went to marsabit High, is simply because there are many alliance guys in the office. In another office, you'll find an alliance guy with a guy from kipcherikiomo sec, and in another, you'll find an alliance guy with someone from matisis secondary. In last years exam, over one hundred students from alliance got As - forming 12% of all the students who got As in KCSE. Now, that is more than what some provinces managed to raise.In KU where i was, 20 of us who were admitted that year came from one high school; but one of our friends in class was the only one who was admitted to KU from Lodwar high that year. So, going to alliance gives you a better chance of being "better than the average" more than the rural high school will help you. How many of the Bodaboda guys who have ever carried you went to Starehe and Alliance?
On Christ Alone
nesta
#52 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2011 4:52:08 PM

Notwithstanding what i have written above, i think the greatest problem that we have is that we focus so much of our energies on academic performance more than character.In addition to this, the fact that our education system is just there to test those who can feed on what they have been given by the teachers and then vomit the same on the Exam papers, i really do not think that there is a lot to be proud of. In fact,i think character counts more for success than academic performance.
On Christ Alone
sanity
#53 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2011 5:55:32 PM

Education in Kenya is too competitive and thanks to our confused policy makers-Ongeri & co,The determinant of ones success lies in passing the exams KCPE AND KCSE.This leaves us ordinary Kenyans with little choice.get the best school for your child.one that will guarantee that the kid passes the damn exams,at the same time hoping and praying that he doesn't turn to smokables...
Hope is not a strategy
Gordon Gekko
#54 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2011 9:10:12 PM

whynow wrote:
brookshine has serious cases of bullying

Brookshine closed on Thursday due to a serious case upper classes bullying monos, stealing from them and eventually locking them up in a dorm, shattering the windows and attempting to set them on fire. Shocking for a school where parents fork out over 70k a term.
TUPAC
#55 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 9:57:52 PM

Someone...all the Wazua family that had a kid in class 8 last year, how fair will be the gova be in placement of our kids to National schools? What options do we have?
...things fall apart...the centre cannot hold..mere anarchy is loosed upon the world...w b yeats
Euge
#56 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:01:49 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
whynow wrote:
brookshine has serious cases of bullying

Brookshine closed on Thursday due to a serious case upper classes bullying monos, stealing from them and eventually locking them up in a dorm, shattering the windows and attempting to set them on fire. Shocking for a school where parents fork out over 70k a term.

Where is this school? Chances are teachers are poorly remunerated and are not bothered about anything.
Lord, thank you!
Euge
#57 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:06:23 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
@kelele.com My comments on the schools you have mentioned...

Strathmore
Day School, out
Sunshine
Strikes, burning school, stealing mattresses
Light Academy
No information
Booker Academy, Mumias
Tick
Pioneer Maragua
Nothing beyond aviation
Munoru Highlands (one of the suprise packages in 2009 KCSE)
No information
Karengata
No information
Wami school, Mombasa road
No information
St Marys
Day School, out
St Hannahs boys
My son was at the Pri sch, moved him out as I wasn't impressed, guess the sec sch is the same

I'm looking also for my son, have so far narrowed down to Booker and Brookshine (Kamulu area), Booker seems out due to my uncertainties regarding 2012.

St Elizabeth is a no no.
Lord, thank you!
Toxicity
#58 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:53:57 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
@kelele.com My comments on the schools you have mentioned...

Strathmore
Day School, out
Sunshine
Strikes, burning school, stealing mattresses
Light Academy
No information
Booker Academy, Mumias
Tick
Pioneer Maragua
Nothing beyond aviation
Munoru Highlands (one of the suprise packages in 2009 KCSE)
No information
Karengata
No information
Wami school, Mombasa road
No information
St Marys
Day School, out
St Hannahs boys
My son was at the Pri sch, moved him out as I wasn't impressed, guess the sec sch is the same

I'm looking also for my son, have so far narrowed down to Booker and Brookshine (Kamulu area), Booker seems out due to my uncertainties regarding 2012.

Why don't you want days schools?
update president set president = speaker where president is null
Avy
#59 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:40:47 PM

Brookshine (Kamulu Area) is a no no.
oops
#60 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:05:57 AM

how is st patrick hill school in kiserian?' also 'how is lukenya academy?