wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Mututho got it all wrong!
Mo
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:09:04 AM

before ye all teetollers descend on my neck, lemmie explain. We all have differeent drinking cycles. I am a hawker my day starts at 4am in gikomba market by 12noon am done having done duty in the development of my country for >8hrs. tell me y can't i enjoy my frothy waters?
Am a watchie i labour from 6pm to 6am why can't i enjoy my senator before heading home for a well deserved rest?. we are killing legimitate business and creating avenues for bribe seeking. this is no way to achive vision 2030. sic
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
keraka
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:19:33 AM

True that.Yesterday I was in an Mpesa shop in buru shopping centre a cop walks in n deposits cash n proudly says he is preparing for midnite to start collecting cash from drunk fellows...........
This nonsense created a cash cow for cops and left us on the mercy of criminals and crazy matatu drivers.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Wendz
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:50:35 AM

keraka wrote:
True that.Yesterday I was in an Mpesa shop in buru shopping centre a cop walks in n deposits cash n proudly says he is preparing for midnite to start collecting cash from drunk fellows...........
This nonsense created a cash cow for cops and left us on the mercy of criminals and crazy matatu drivers.

How can i join the police force.... i think that's where money is raining right now.
goodluck
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:25:47 AM

You join the Police thinking that there is money there at your own peril.PLO Mboys will chase you paka uta amini ukichukua pesa ya hongo
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:49:37 AM

Anyway, with the new law which one would you rather own;

a) A bar - Open 5pm to 11pm

b) A night club - Open 7pm to 3am

I would prefer a bar especially because on week days very few people will relocate after 11pm but I'm sure clever Kenyans will find a way to register a Mama Njoro Bar & Night Club

BBI will solve it
:)
Wa_ithaka
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:56:26 PM

People hate change, but the fact of the matter is that the is only positive thing Mututho has done in his life. Kinywaji in the afternoon is for lazy asses.

Njenga nchi siyo prewery
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
rasilio
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:25:22 PM

@Waithaka

I work longer hours than you of that I am hundred percent sure. My work forces me to be awake on 3 time zones. I am not lazy...only in Kenya I'm I denied my glass of wine when I want it and how i want it.

Or maybe you have statistics on how drinking between 5pm and 11 pm improves on work habits, reduces alcoholism or increases moral uprightness.

Such arguments are made by some stuck up magistrates who failed as lawyers.

Someone remind Waithaka and his band of uneducated judges that once someone is in jail, you no longer just drink. You become a convert to bhangi and heroin and come out gay.

Hii ni sheria ya kishenzi na upuzi.
Mo
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:04:48 PM

This law get's even more idiotic..you can manufacture any alcoholic beverage but must package it in GLASS. question is we all know finance bill 2010 demanded that min alcohol packaging is 250ml, if you package mama pima's changaa costing 20 bob (2 mama pimas) in a glass container worth 20 bob lump in a margin of 10 bob the cost to consumer is 50bob. what happens to the guy who originally could only afford it at 10? mututho law can't curb illicit.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
subzero
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:20:45 PM

i hate this law, and its not coz its affected my drinking in any way, am more or less almost a teetotaler

Thing is, i hate laws which are obviously very difficult to implement.

This law together with the one on noise pollution are almost impossible to implement, such that it leads to police harassment.

so, my view is, a rule is either one that can be followed practically by ALL or else its not a rule.

milken
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:26:41 PM

Considering that alchohol can be served inprivate mebers clubs at any time of the day or night what would happen if we registered our local as a members club. we already know the regulars.
Itari muting'oe ihuragwo ngi ni Ngai
rasilio
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:30:59 PM

milken wrote:
Considering that alchohol can be served inprivate mebers clubs at any time of the day or night what would happen if we registered our local as a members club. we already know the regulars.

kweli kabisa.

only problem is that now the district liquor board will be the place to be. you can imagine the hongos to become a private member's club.

Aii Mututho kweli wewe ulikuwa ukitaka nini na raia? i wonder if he will come up with a law soon to deal with his court case.
bird_man
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:04:51 PM

I think this Mutotho law was seeking to address the drunks in shags,college students and the slum Nairobians.I come from Nyeri and the whole December I was trying to get a guy to dig a piece of shamba for me and I could get none!Wanaamka straight to the bar u'd think its a place of work!Mind you I was offering 500sh/day which is more than fair for shags....lakini they would all rather kanywaji!

We surely cant get to vision 2030 with such people.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Wa_ithaka
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:23:49 PM

bird_man, wapi Nyeri?

Mututho is thinking about the working, shagging nation and I think he is on the right path.

Watu mawache full full phombe kila wakati mafanye kazi.
kadonye
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:04:59 PM

@waithaka @birdmanApplause Applause Applause Applause

This is a good law and is an example of how legislators should use their grey matter.

Pombe has become a national disaster.We have men who drink to the point of being unable to do anything else like @ birdman's example.We have so many homes which are being run by women with the men abdicating their roles.

Women who have suffered due to their partners' drunkenness are celebrating now.Instead of mzee drinking the whole day he'll have only 6hours and the rest he will find himself some income generating activity as well as help with running the family.

Disclaimer:I am a teetotaler

What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
bird_man
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:09:10 PM

@Wa_ithaka iko mahali inaitwa Ihururu in Tetu constituency.
The guys are now calling my old man offering to do the work since headmasters are asking for school fees.Add that to the fact that they drank everything in December.
I have another grandmother in Makueni and believe it or not....when guys clear your shamba they ask for payment in drink form ...called "Kalovo" or something like that.Even wives are complaining!I bet Mutotho's constituency must be worse!Laughing out loudly
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Wa_ithaka
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:23:40 PM

bird-man. andu a thauthi tetu nia baaata!

I recall in mathira, there were some wazees taking their wheelbarrows/jembes to to a drinking den in ragati to exchange for mai ma muoyo.

We shall not talk about the bedroom business.Kijana mwingine aliniimbia he went to perform somewhere and the wife told him, "toa huyu weka kwa hiyo kiti ndiyo tufanye". The hubby had blacked-out on the bed.
McReggae
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:12:01 PM

kadonye, birdman n waithaka, there is no way mututho bill will help the vagabonds yu guys are talking about!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
rasilio
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:00:41 PM

If you guys come from places with such silly men, please don't blame me!

Just because a bunch of kikuyus have a problem with drink does not make me an alcoholic kikuyu too.

I will say this very bluntly. Kikuyus are trying to come up with laws to deal with their kids to the detriment of others in the society.

Why not come up with a law outlawing drug dealers in the coast from being anywhere near parliament or Mututho? that would really help.
Jus Blazin
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:54:00 AM

Fact. There's an alcohol problem in the country to necessitate regulation in form of law. The more positive and objective you become about that NATIONAL law, the better. If not, the sooner you accept it, again, the better. Its time to log on to www.moveon.com for the sake of the men and youth across the nation. If you dont want to comply, simply buy the drink and you can take it in your house anytime. That law will not kill you!
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Jus Blazin
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:04:41 AM

@rasilio, am no Kikuyu so i'll be as objective as I can. Shame! Shame! Shame on you! Why cant you give your opinion like the rest who are against the law without being tribal? Shame!
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca