wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Who is using microsoft Navision??
bird_man
#21 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 9:57:30 AM

@Kadonye.....I think its because the expensive ERPs greatly increase productivity & efficiency but more so and of more importance, they are backed up by very experienced developers,consultants and support teams that can solve virtually any problems arising (it is therefore good for the IT team,BOD,customers) though the costs might be crazy.

Also....as per kawaida Kenyans...its an opportunity for the BOD and IT Managers to "eat" through expensive license fees,consultation fees,SLAs etc
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
mozenrat
#22 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 10:28:17 AM

@Kadonye

I agree with you.. there's is absolutely no reason to spend thousands of dollars on a system whose functionality you just don't need. I suspect that's why more system are being split into modules such that you only need to buy the modules you'll require. I remember sitting through a computer science projects presentation where one student was hammered for spending 8 months building a piece of software for a video library whose entire stock was 500 cds... surely you can use Excel to track all you need to know.
babyelephant
#23 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 11:20:20 AM

...and very soon Central Bank of Kenya will be on the list of T24 clients.

@Mr Tyrus, my understanding is that you to want specialize in customizing and implementing Navision.

It is a good start. It gives you a good foundation because it is built well on industry standards and is also a popular choice amongst many small to medium sized businesses.