wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Architectural Design? - on building a family home
Y
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 4:13:53 AM

Happy New Year wazurians! Here's hoping your year is off to a great start.
I have benefitted from a couple of ideas after seeking different perspectives from Wazurians in the past.

I'm looking to build a home and have a couple of ideas on what I want and wondering if I should hire an architecture for design purposes. Anyone know of a reputable independent firm or individual?I don't know much about building and have a couple of local builders referred to me but am wondering how to go about turning my structural design to reality with just a mental plan and a builder, without critique on functional uses and energy saving aspects that I want accomodated into the plan.

I would appreciate the perspective of those who have used such a service or those who have built and are willing to share some pointers on what they would have done differently.

Thanks for your time and perspective.
Jitahidi
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 11:11:30 AM

Y wrote:
Happy New Year wazurians! Here's hoping your year is off to a great start.
I have benefitted from a couple of ideas after seeking different perspectives from Wazurians in the past.

I'm looking to build a home and have a couple of ideas on what I want and wondering if I should hire an architecture for design purposes. Anyone know of a reputable independent firm or individual?I don't know much about building and have a couple of local builders referred to me but am wondering how to go about turning my structural design to reality with just a mental plan and a builder, without critique on functional uses and energy saving aspects that I want accomodated into the plan.

I would appreciate the perspective of those who have used such a service or those who have built and are willing to share some pointers on what they would have done differently.

Thanks for your time and perspective.

You should refer to the 'Question for the architech' thread in this forum
hawkeye
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 1:17:40 PM

email me on rafwait@yahoo.co.uk i,ll be able to guide you through the entire process.
MaichBlack
#4 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 8:51:16 PM

@Y - I have a couple of architect friends. Post your email and I can forward it to one of them. Where are you located? Where is the house to be done?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
willin2learn
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 12:04:27 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
@Y - I have a couple of architect friends. Post your email and I can forward it to one of them. Where are you located? Where is the house to be done?

@Maichblack,

I would also like to get the contacts. williaraplani@gmail.com

Thanks
Swanky2010
#6 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 11:21:58 AM

MaichBlack wrote:

Am also interested. email is swanky2010n@yahoo.com
bwenyenye
#7 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 3:46:09 PM

@Y

try prism acrhitects. Those guys did me a mervellous job! There is a guy called Frank. Quite good with the pen.
I Think Therefore I Am
MaichBlack
#8 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 6:16:00 PM

@willin and @Swanky - Check your mail.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Pablo
#9 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 10:50:09 PM

An achitect can only help you if you know what you want.

This can help you refine what you want. => http://www.theplancollection.com/

By the way as advised by @Jitahidi you may get good info from the post he is referring you to.

mjuaji wa stocks
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:30:01 PM

Maich - nyeusi..

Tuma hizo contacts to;

goodpharmadeal@gmail.com

Baraka!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Njung'e
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:27:25 PM

@Pablo,
Nearer home (SA),you can buy such plans (Complete with BQ) for less than 30K depending on your needs.....and they have a wide variety of fantastic storey houses.

http://www.inhouseplans....Info.php?planCode=B203AE
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Pablo
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:41:45 PM

@Guka

Amazing - it even has the Bill of quantities. What will happen to the professionals in this field?
atiriri
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:52:28 AM