wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages«<1718192021>»
The Bull has Arrived
youcan'tstopusnow
#361 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:16:26 PM

Hii ukame naona ni kama itaturudisha kwa kaka dubu www.businessdailyafrica....2/-/11ktpq4/-/index.html The govt. won't seek foreign aid ''until we have exhausted what we have''
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
VituVingiSana
#362 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:27:35 PM

erifloss wrote:
the probability of a bonus issue to finance expansion
Bonuses do not finance expansion since they do not bring in more cash/financing into the business as capital... [At best bonuses are 'paid' in lieu of cash dividends...]
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gordon Gekko
#363 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:41:13 PM

Bonuses finance a company to the extent that they keep cash that would otherwise have been distributed as dividends. But on they other hand they can put a strain on the company in that shareholders would expect the same absolute amount of dividend per share, regardless of any bonus shares issued.
erifloss
#364 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:50:02 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
erifloss wrote:
Bonuses do not finance expansion since they do not bring in more cash/financing into the business as capital... [At best bonuses are 'paid' in lieu of cash dividends...]

@vvs, though retained earnings act as part of shareholders funds, you'll never get the true picture of a firm in terms of share valuation in the market when its got a large asset base that assists in income generation 'financed' by?
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
VituVingiSana
#365 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:39:14 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Bonuses finance a company to the extent that they keep cash that would otherwise have been distributed as dividends
wacha ku-con watu Shame on you
Firms are under NO obligation to distribute dividends. Many firms [esp growth oriented] retain most of the earnings...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#366 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:41:25 AM

erifloss wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
erifloss wrote:

@vvs, though retained earnings act as part of shareholders funds, you'll never get the true picture of a firm in terms of share valuation in the market when its got a large asset base that assists in income generation 'financed' by?
So what? That's like saying 100 notes x 50/- is worth more than 5 notes x 1000/-... [Even @qw knows better. d'oh! d'oh! . Maybe. Pray Pray ]
ProverB
#367 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:56:53 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
Bonuses finance a company to the extent that they keep cash that would otherwise have been distributed as dividends
Firms are under NO obligation to distribute dividends. Many firms [esp growth oriented] retain most of the earnings...

VVS..true.. However..to finance expansion..what alternatives does DTK have?..debt/rights issue or bonus..with the latter being most convenient..

Rights /issue of new shares is tedious and expensive let alone time required for it and so far no indication of it yet..

Debt financing..whatever form works against equity value..so..not necessarily good..though understandable if DTK can show value for money on this one..

capitalizing the revenue reserves..through bonus issue..and at no additional cost to DTK gives them a much simpler less tedious access to much needed funds.(sic) smile

@QW.. my sentiments on DTK are well known..and documented on this thread and others...
even if i chose ..ignorantly..to get off DTK now.. with an average price of 106.00..on 5400 shares..at 149.00 today..my return is enough..for me..
feels good being castigated for being cautious..
which is far better than what i could have cumulatively returned had i followed your BUY!!BUY!!BUY!!BUY!! counters over the same period..Access..haijafika 16 yet,eveready,Centum..which bado haijafika the 25 you projected 4 months ago.. smile smile
if i'm ignorant..what does it make you? just saying..

@ALL..apologies for degrading myself so low to argue with qw on such a fine thread!! smile
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
erifloss
#368 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:08:20 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:

@vvs, Why do companies issue a bonus share instead of paying dividends if & when it can be comfortably shown as part of the shareholders funds? Actually it's the cheapest source of funds!
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
Fomoney
#369 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:27:40 AM

@qw, we appreciate your commentary but you need to tone down your language. Its kinda irritating coz your sound like a spoilt teenager. I'll d be surprised if you've never been in a bar fight.Verbally aggressive! Why so serious?
qw25041985
#370 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:34:20 AM

@ Fomoney...i bet u dnt say that to @proverb wen he's a busing me from left right and center.u are talking about tonnin it down !!!! u better read @proverbs ,@ guru @VVs posts. they you'll know who shld really tone it down.definately not me.but thats what it is ...i speak what is real..
by the way @ proberB.. u might as well be a spectator on the rise of dtbk since in this investment GAME we need spectators...
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
youcan'tstopusnow
#371 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:49:02 AM

Tumeingia 150 territory DTB. Nani huyu amenunua 200,100 shares asubuhi hivi? Watu wengine bado wanalala
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
VituVingiSana
#372 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:26:36 AM

ProverB wrote:
capitalizing the revenue reserves..through bonus issue..and at no additional cost to DTK gives them a much simpler less tedious access to much needed funds.(sic)
Chief, the Revenue Reserves are not locked in a box. Not to be used unless issued as a Bonus!

Revenue Reserves are part & parcel of the Shareholders Capital/Funds! Often, they are never distributed thus share prices are often HIGHER than the Nominal/Par Value...
VituVingiSana
#373 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:31:15 AM

erifloss wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:

@vvs, Why do companies issue a bonus share instead of paying dividends if & when it can be comfortably shown as part of the shareholders funds? Actually it's the cheapest source of funds!
Sigh, I will not belabor this any longer. Either you read up on it OR believe your hype. I am sorry but this topic has been discussed earlier ad infinitum.
bartum
#374 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:32:12 AM

@youcanstopusknow reduce your name. That trade of 200k shares will effectively mob up speculators we can know easily ride to 160 range price
bartum
#375 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:36:07 AM

@vvs please retreive that thread of bonus vs rights iam the one who started it. I dont know how to search
Aguytrying
#376 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:46:53 AM

Eish, 200k DTK shares, this early, must be a foreigner or institution. I've come to believe that such big deals are made outside the market, them executed, as there is no such supply.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
youcan'tstopusnow
#377 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:13:22 AM

bartum wrote:
@youcanstopusknow reduce your name. That trade of 200k shares will effectively mob up speculators we can know easily ride to 160 range price

Haha. Just refer to me as ycsun. But note that bids are at 145 and asks are at 148. As aguytrying is saying, the 200k trade seems to have been done off the market, kama ile ya TPS several weeks ago.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
erifloss
#378 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:32:22 AM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
bartum wrote:

Haha. Just refer to me as ycsun. But note that bids are at 145 and asks are at 148. As aguytrying is saying, the 200k trade seems to have been done off the market, kama ile ya TPS several weeks ago.

It was funny after the 200k purchase people started playing a wait and see game and the next trade took place 2 hrs later though at 146. I think DTB is spurning a lot of interest in many quarters.
Aguytrying
#379 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:33:18 AM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
bartum wrote:

my sentiments exactly. It may not affect demand and supply, as the demand and supply came from off the market. If there really is a bonus issue, imagine how much that entity would make!!
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
alikujia
#380 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:57:36 PM

@Aguy,
I think bonussses do not necessarily increase intrinsic share value, infact it should have zero effect on immediate value. but yes, psychologically it can cause some misguided interpretation and affect share price value.