wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<1415161718>
Portfolio Balancing: Avoid Over Exposure To Financial Sector
Ericsson
#301 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 4:32:30 PM

murchr wrote:
NOTICE - STAWI mobile loan facility of 30 - 250K, payable within 1 -12 months at an interest of 9% per annum

Where is equity bank and why have they been left out
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
murchr
#302 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 4:51:04 PM

Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
NOTICE - STAWI mobile loan facility of 30 - 250K, payable within 1 -12 months at an interest of 9% per annum

Maybe they didn't sign up
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
winmak
#303 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 6:54:05 PM

Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

Unsecured!!! How have they priced in risk to lend at 9%? Or am I missing something?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
obiero
#304 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 7:05:24 PM

winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

Unsecured!!! How have they priced in risk to lend at 9%? Or am I missing something?

There are huge deposits in banks acrruing 0% interest. That’s your answer

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Fyatu
#305 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 7:21:58 PM

Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

d'oh! d'oh!
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
sparkly
#306 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 7:36:16 PM

obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

Huduma number unboxed.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#307 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 7:58:12 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

d'oh! d'oh!

Bad luck

Angelica _ann
#308 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 8:01:08 PM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

d'oh! d'oh!

Bad luck

JM is aging!

In other post ..................

T-Bag wrote:
Crony Capitalism and State Capture 2: Documents Reveal the Kenyatta Family’s Plans to Take over Lending to SMEs

Read more at: https://www.theeastafric...e-over-lending-to-smes/
E Review.

Food for thought by Mfalme Daudi Ndindidii

In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#309 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:43:11 AM

obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

Banks can place those funds at much lower risk of default on the Interbank Market. Then there are 91 day T-Bills. Also offer secured overdrafts to existing customers.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#310 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:42:09 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

Banks can place those funds at much lower risk of default on the Interbank Market. Then there are 91 day T-Bills. Also offer secured overdrafts to existing customers.

True. But the MSME market was shifting steadily to Tala,Branch etc.. It's a ring fencing strategy.. Not that banks would crumble incase they had continued ignoring the segment

VituVingiSana
#311 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:58:12 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

True. But the MSME market was shifting steadily to Tala,Branch etc.. It's a ring fencing strategy.. Not that banks would crumble incase they had continued ignoring the segment

I do not use Tala/Branch/MShwari and the such but don't these charge rates of 3-9% per MONTH?
The Stawi loans, per the press release, are at 9% per YEAR. That's lower than what they lend to AA customers.
I would understand it if banks were charging 3% per month and then taking on more risk.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
lochaz-index
#312 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:53:42 AM

winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yes. Work out the APR instead. The 9% is only part of the multi layered cost structure. It is also not unsecured.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#313 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:55:55 AM

Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting observation. There is definitely more than meets the eye here.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#314 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:09:49 AM

If the APR is substantially higher than 13%, then is CBK backtracking on its threats that banks should have APRs that were at or lower than CBR+4?
obiero
#315 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:15:09 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

I do not use Tala/Branch/MShwari and the such but don't these charge rates of 3-9% per MONTH?
The Stawi loans, per the press release, are at 9% per YEAR. That's lower than what they lend to AA customers.
I would understand it if banks were charging 3% per month and then taking on more risk.

How will banks charge more than the rate cap directive.. The only way is to go lower to stem the tide. MSME have no issue with loans as high as 23% per annum but the law restricts!

VituVingiSana
#316 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:24:43 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

How will banks charge more than the rate cap directive.. The only way is to go lower to stem the tide. MSME have no issue with loans as high as 23% per annum but the law restricts!
KCB and CBK loans via MShwari have APRs higher than 50%. The APR includes fees so a facilitation fee of 7% per month is more than 90% APR.
obiero
#317 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:11:21 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

KCB and CBK loans via MShwari have APRs higher than 50%. The APR includes fees so a facilitation fee of 7% per month is more than 90% APR.

Your point? MSME prefers to borrow at 50% than 9%?

Ericsson
#318 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:49:42 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
If the APR is substantially higher than 13%, then is CBK backtracking on its threats that banks should have APRs that were at or lower than CBR+4?

9% interest +4% fee
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
muandiwambeu
#319 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:53:00 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

d'oh! d'oh!

Bad luck

JM is aging!

In other post ..................

T-Bag wrote:
Crony Capitalism and State Capture 2: Documents Reveal the Kenyatta Family’s Plans to Take over Lending to SMEs

Read more at: https://www.theeastafric...e-over-lending-to-smes/
E Review.

Food for thought by Mfalme Daudi Ndindidii

https://www.businessdail...4514-vctcsiz/index.html
Probably, he has no yesterday, and his today is messing with the establishment, you ought to know you met us here young boy kinda thing
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
VituVingiSana
#320 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:57:26 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

Your point? MSME prefers to borrow at 50% than 9%?

@Obiero asked: How will banks charge more than the rate cap directive?
@Obiero said: MSME have no issue with loans as high as 23% per annum but the law restricts!

So I ask, if MShwari/Fuliza (CBA and KCB) charge an APR more than CBR+4% why hasn't CBK cracked down on them?