obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Parliament shoots down proposal to raise banks core capital to ksh.5bn

Wameruka short call wakakanyaga long call. NIC at KES 28, KCB KES 43, NBK KES 5.25, HFCK KES 6.60

Na bado we might see some financial counters trading at less than par value

Especially if the fuel tax isn't implemented.. The country will come to a slow crawl

Allow me to leave this here https://www.businessdail...53080-dq3tp2/index.html

Financial will recover once PORK UMK declines to sign the bills into law and dully returns it/them to parliament with memos. They will require 2/3 majority to defy PORK (what i hear in the grapevine), i can assure you Jubilee MPs will go MIA on the date of that debate and voting. No voter will remember that their MP was not in parliament during some crucial vote. Let us wait and see.

If the fuel tax is not implemented then start count down to a recession

Are you also aware the fuel tax will cripple recovery of your kq

Kenya is bigger than KQ.. I have invested alot in this country

The effects of implementing fuel tax are more catastrophic than the recession in one's imagination. Let the government cut wage bill by 40% as an alternative of budget funding...If PORK goes ahead to manoeuvre ways of signing fuel tax bill expect unprecedented skyrocketing inflation that could be difficult for CBK to tame.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#262 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:23:14 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Wameruka short call wakakanyaga long call. NIC at KES 28, KCB KES 43, NBK KES 5.25, HFCK KES 6.60

Especially if the fuel tax isn't implemented.. The country will come to a slow crawl

Financial will recover once PORK UMK declines to sign the bills into law and dully returns it/them to parliament with memos. They will require 2/3 majority to defy PORK (what i hear in the grapevine), i can assure you Jubilee MPs will go MIA on the date of that debate and voting. No voter will remember that their MP was not in parliament during some crucial vote. Let us wait and see.

The effects of implementing fuel tax are more catastrophic than the recession in one's imagination. Let the government cut wage bill by 40% as an alternative of budget funding...If PORK goes ahead to manoeuvre ways of signing fuel tax bill expect unprecedented skyrocketing inflation that could be difficult for CBK to tame.
UK may want to leave a legacy but he doesn't want a riot on his hands. It's unlikely he can or will cut 40% of the wage bill.
The "new" katiba with 47 counties created a whole new level of government!
At max there should have been 20 counties that were "economic" in size, geography and population not ethnic enclaves.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#263 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:18:05 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

UK may want to leave a legacy but he doesn't want a riot on his hands. It's unlikely he can or will cut 40% of the wage bill.
At max there should have been 20 counties that were "economic" in size, geography and population not ethnic enclaves.

Mzee @vvs you actually have the time and patience to respond to such? 40% reduction in wage bill is utopian lunacy

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#264 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 7:47:29 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Mzee @vvs you actually have the time and patience to respond to such? 40% reduction in wage bill is utopian lunacy

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Poor @Obiero
I pity you!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
murchr
#265 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:21:34 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#266 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:28:42 PM

murchr wrote:

The penalty is a drop in the ocean.
The perpetrators so far nothing has been done,
Stanchart handles the most but penalty is a pity
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#267 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:43:10 PM

Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:

The penalty is a drop in the ocean.
The perpetrators so far nothing has been done,
Stanchart handles the most but penalty is a pity

A drop? I know what you mean but do not say such a thing! Banking is about trust.. Let's watch the NSE tomorrow https://www.businessdail...756196-l6nqqd/index.html

VituVingiSana
#268 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:05:25 PM

These penalties should be paid by docking the pay of the senior management who allowed this to happen!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#269 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:40:13 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
These penalties should be paid by docking the pay of the senior management who allowed this to happen!

Shindwe

muandiwambeu
#270 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:46:34 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Shindwe

😂😂😂😂😂😂, Might it happen that you signed of equity or kcb etc
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Angelica _ann
#271 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:51:46 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Shindwe

I totally support, the Senior Executives of these bank should be enjoined and charged together with the others even if it is for embarrassment sake.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mulla
#272 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:07:12 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Shindwe

I totally support, the Senior Executives of these bank should be enjoined and charged together with the others even if it is for embarrassment sake.

What i dont understand is the lack of fairness in the penalties i.e.KCB is paying double the penalty that stanchart is paying yet Stanchart handled the highest figure in NYS cash, at almost triple KCB!!!
iris
#273 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:35:24 PM

mulla wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Shindwe

What i dont understand is the lack of fairness in the penalties i.e.KCB is paying double the penalty that stanchart is paying yet Stanchart handled the highest figure in NYS cash, at almost triple KCB!!!

Might have done required reporting for higher percentage of the handled cash than KCB. I expect the fines are based on the transacted amounts that contravened reporting standards.
VituVingiSana
#274 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:07:41 PM

mulla wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Shindwe

It depends on what was reported to CBK as suspicious and how much of the cash/funds were for shady stuff/people e.g. if Shell/Total/Vivo supplied diesel with no shady stuff going on then why should the bank that received the payment be penalized? If there was a shady payment and it was immediately reported to CBK then why should the bank be penalized?
maka
#275 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 9:31:04 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

https://www.nation.co.ke...58492-taleynz/index.html
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#276 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 11:50:09 AM

maka wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]These penalties should be paid by docking the pay of the senior management who allowed this to happen!

https://www.nation.co.ke...8492-taleynz/index.html[/quote]

I hope this will happen so that they start becoming vigilant.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#277 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:22:05 PM

20% excise tax on banking transactions,banks started implementing yesterday-25 September 2018
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#278 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:30:38 PM

Ericsson wrote:
20% excise tax on banking transactions,banks started implementing yesterday-25 September 2018

can you demonstrate it's application with some figures,i hope its not 200 for every 1k
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
winmak
#279 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:15:35 PM

I just received texts from the banks. It is 20% of the transaction charge not the transacted amount @mlenny
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
mlennyma
#280 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:24:25 PM

winmak wrote:
I just received texts from the banks. It is 20% of the transaction charge not the transacted amount @mlenny

So is it not eating on the banks charge side?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."