wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

EABL threatens pub owners on summit
moran
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2009 4:14:00 PM

It is sad that EABL is so scared by the new keroche summit beer that it has secretly issued stern warning to bar owners who stock,display or participate in any promotion carried out by Keroche that they will not be allowed to sell EABL products for good. Should it be true,we are facing another microsoft here . I beleive the public should stand by keroche.

When u r good to people,they dont like when u r bad people wont like you either so i would rather be bad
VituVingiSana
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2009 6:16:00 PM

So if it is a secret order,then how do you know? summit is lousy. Tusker remains king.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Iganamagana
#3 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 4:54:00 AM

Its not a big secret. Any bar owner can tell you that EABL has threatened them that they will with-hold supply to any bar owner who stocks Summit Lager. The big question is,why are they doing this? Keroche is so small and wont dent their market...its by no means SAB.

Where is the Commissioner of Prices and Monopolies? Is this not what they used to call restrictive trade practices? Wacha kila mutu afanye biashara yake. This country will never get anywhere with Upuzi kama huu.

@Vitu. Even if Summit is lousy and Tusker is King,Keroche still has the right to the market without undue interferance from those Ruaraka criminals. By the way,Iam an EABL shareholder and I drink Summit. I want my Summit in my local over the Easter weekend. Period.

IGANA.
McReggae
#4 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 5:29:00 AM

I think they are only doing this to the bars that they have branded!!!!!

Make money.....then you will enjoy all the fine things in life!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
VituVingiSana
#5 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 8:00:00 AM

If any bar owner will tell you,then it is no secret. And I can understand why EABL would be upset if it is a EABL branded bar if you sold other stuff. Keroche needs 'exclusive' Summit bars and more products as well.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
simonkabz
#6 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 9:52:00 AM

Wewe vitu stop your biased thinking. U just sound like a keroche hater. Haters are the most unobjective pple that i know. So what will EABL do to cocacola now that sodas r being sold in eabl branded pubs? Dont support these monopolistic,unfair,backward n primitive moves.

Truest proverb: Mwenda pole hajikwai
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
VituVingiSana
#7 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 10:07:00 AM

Ahh,well... u support keroche. I support EABL. Free choice. And even during the castle-tusker wars,I remained loyal to EABL. Only difference is that Keroche is Kenyan thus I am conflicted. Castle was an easy choice not to support. Anyway,didn't like Summit but I will try it some day.

simonkabz
#8 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 10:13:00 AM

@vitu,btw im a die-hard tuskerian! What I dont like is any kenyan bullying the other on whatever grounds. Keroche has a right to sell its products to anyone,anytime,anywhere.

Truest proverb: Mwenda pole hajikwai
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
tony stark
#9 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 3:36:00 PM

Vitu clearly you are not being sharp. What EABL is doing is unfair monopolistic practice. The bar owner want to make a living by selling what people want. Now he ends up losing the summit market.
Since your mind isn't working today lets appeal to your pocket. When in FAIR competition with keroche they might have a price war hence reducing the cost of your tusker.......Happy
Do not support unfair monopolistic practises it never helps unless you are tusker.

SK A.L.U.M.N.I (Alcoholic Liason and Undergarments Manager of Nakedness Internationally)
VituVingiSana
#10 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 4:13:00 PM

True... Though I have multiple substitutes to beer.

Yes... we should have fair competition but in the UK,there are pubs that have contracts with specific breweries. So are these bars (branded by EABL) beholden to EABL?

And why doesn't keroche do the same?

tony stark
#11 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 5:55:00 PM

If the bar owners have contracts saying they will only sell EABL products well and good issue the warnings,slap them with penalties etc
I don't know if contracts were signed,if not the bar owners should be allowed to stock the drinks they want.

SK A.L.U.M.N.I (Alcoholic Liason and Undergarments Manager of Nakedness Internationally)
VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 8:32:00 PM

TS: So what is the problem here? Let the bar owners sell Summit. If EABL does not want to supply them... then shauri yao.

LimuruBoy
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:49:00 AM

Moran,to say that summit is lousy is of no consenquence. This is your personal opinion,that Tusker is better,and I think the same too...I tried summit when I was in Kenya this last Dec and didn't like it. Tusker is better,but our opinion doesn't matter for there are those who prefer Summit. Otherwise it wouldn't be giving ol' tusker compe,au sio?

I was having a drink in this pub in Limuru in Dec,and the bar owner told me that he couldn't even mix EABL beers with Summit in a refrigerator. Aparently the summit fridge had stopped working so all the summits were warm,and I asked him why he didn't just mix all the beers in one fridge,since the EABL fridge was in good working order.

He said that if the inspectors (and there were many roaming about conducting suprise checks in bars) .....ati if they found any summit beers in the same fridge with a tusker or pilsner,they would ban you from ever selling tusker again. Quite childish I think.

'All they see is my glory...they don't know my pain. Nothing good comes easy in life.' - Multibillionaire Nelson Muguku Njoroge
VituVingiSana
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2009 6:35:00 AM

EABL is smart. Say you supplied milk (limuru fresh). You give a kiosk a freezer/fridge for ONLY limuru milk. For free. On the condition,you ONLY stock LF products. Tuzo gives you their own fridge. Kwani LF is there to support their competitors by providing fridges? NO. Kwani,Mercedes allows DT Dobie to sell BMWs in the Mercedes showroom? NO. Kwani,Shell allows Kenol to sell Kenol lubricanats or LPG at Shell stations? NO.
****Do you see Pepsi products in Coke machines? NO...

nyangao
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2009 8:36:00 AM

you its only eabl who does that? that is a common tradition. even cocacola will castigate you if they ever found another stuff in their fridge (even milk). i think if keroche want to sell beer let them also invest in branding their own bars. by the way was it a coincidence are just strategy to for them to use similar bottles with eabl? i believe they were averting what softa soda experienced with cocacola - sabotage

hey