wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Wikileaks boss arrested
Njung'e
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:20:43 PM

Britain, ever America's poodle, arrests Julian Assange.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
YesuWangu
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 4:31:15 PM

Maybe they think they will find from him the key to Wikileaks, so that they switch it off...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
muganda
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:05:07 PM

Columbia University students have been warned that commenting on WikiLeaks could harm their job prospects, according to The Wall Street Journal.

An e-mail from the university's Office of Career Services urged students to refrain from posting links to WikiLeaks or commenting on it on sites like Facebook or Twitter if they're planning to apply for jobs with the federal government.

The latest WikiLeaks revelations are of particular concern to the US government. The Guardian reported Tuesday that US cables revealed that NATO has developed plans to protect Poland and the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania from potential Russian threats, though the "contingency" plans had been kept secret to avoid "unnecessary tensions" with Moscow. And on Sunday, WikiLeaks released a February 2009 cable that listed "critical infrastructure" around the globe that "if destroyed, disrupted or exploited, would likely have an immediate and deleterious effect on the United States." The Christian Science Monitor reports that some have called the list of sites a "menu for terrorists," though others note that the sites' importance is largely already public knowledge.

Njung'e
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:24:57 PM

That's the freedom of association the West likes yapping about all the time?.....The good thing is,Assange's arrest will not prevent further leaks.
Ms Mkenya
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:42:49 PM

Njung'e wrote:
That's the freedom of association the West likes yapping about all the time?.....The good thing is,Assange's arrest will not prevent further leaks.

@ Guka, it is a matter of do as i so but not as i do..
....above all, to stand.
thuks
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:36:58 PM

Ms Mkenya wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

@ Guka, it is a matter of do as i so but not as i do..

especially if i am stronger. you will not have much choice anywaySad
I care!
bkismat
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:08:01 AM

The Chinese and Iranians must be having a good laugh. Maybe the US may ask China for technical assistance on how to stop the leaks, they are tops on censorship. I guess the average Chinese citizen has never heard of Assange or his Wiki-leaks.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Sober
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:22:41 AM

this is acting stupid. do they think sexual allegations and denial of bail will stop the leaks? ha ha aha
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
radio
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 9:14:07 AM

In order to make it impossible to ever fully remove Wikileaks from the Internet, we need your help.

If you have a unix-based server which is hosting a website on the Internet and you want to give wikileaks some of your hosting resources, you can help!

Wikileaks Mirrors

How about that?
Njung'e
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 10:14:49 AM

Interesting stuff......Wikileaks has clear pictures of the 33 T-72 tanks crossing into Southern Sudan......wameanza.
bkismat
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 10:18:32 AM

@ guka link iko wapi?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
YesuWangu
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 10:48:21 AM

radio wrote:
In order to make it impossible to ever fully remove Wikileaks from the Internet, we need your help.

If you have a unix-based server which is hosting a website on the Internet and you want to give wikileaks some of your hosting resources, you can help!

Wikileaks Mirrors

How about that?

That is strange. There were just over 500 mirror sites yesterday. Now they are 1000!

CIA is definitely not liking this.
Njung'e
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:11:44 AM

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's supporters are putting the 'B' back in 'backlash'. As news of his arrest hit websites and networking sites, a cyberwar was declared.

They're calling it Operation Payback. A group of activist hackers (hactivists) went to work on PostFinance, the Swiss Bank that froze donations made to the whistleblower site, and brought it down for some time. Next, they promised to target PayPal, the online payment company that cancelled WikiLeaks account;
poundfoolish
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:13:23 AM

I think we all just like Gossip

Wikileaks is doing nothing but spreading state secrets. of cause i wouldnt mind one or two juicy gossips on what Obama told Palin or if the tanks crossed the borders.

But when you start posting everything including state secrets and stuff that can bring Banks and inter govt relations down.. You are stepping TOO FAR

Who hear would be amused if everything they said in the comfort of their houses were broadcast to the whole neighbourhood..
the neighbour you hate, what you think of their spouses..ile matusi munatupiana na bibi.. etc etc
mwariama
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:39:07 AM

I have just come across this online

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/12/02/2010-12-02_where_in_the_world_is_julian_assange_wikileaks_founder_loses_fight_to_squash_rap.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news...ell-different-story.html

Apparently I am made to understand that Swedish sexual offenses laws are very strict such that if you have consensual sex then the yana bursts that constitutes rape.

A lot of speculation is rife that the allegations were fabricated to have him arrested.
YesuWangu
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 12:06:52 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
I think we all just like Gossip

Wikileaks is doing nothing but spreading state secrets. of cause i wouldnt mind one or two juicy gossips on what Obama told Palin or if the tanks crossed the borders.

But when you start posting everything including state secrets and stuff that can bring Banks and inter govt relations down.. You are stepping TOO FAR

Who hear would be amused if everything they said in the comfort of their houses were broadcast to the whole neighbourhood..
the neighbour you hate, what you think of their spouses..ile matusi munatupiana na bibi.. etc etc

I think not.

This is not personal information, like what presidents say at home.

You need to check out 'Collateral Murder' a leaked video of an American shooting spree in Baghdad that Pentagon tried to cover up. Or the Afghanistan War Logs to see the extent of corruption in 'the war on terror' and many others.

They would have nothing to be hide if practised what they preach. People should be angry at the US government for what it has been doing, not at Wikileaks for just showing us what the Americans have been doing.
poundfoolish
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 2:43:19 PM

@jesuwakwa

Its not what presidents say at home.. it is what 'countries' say at home...
right now wikileaks dont harm a party like the torries, democrats or republicans. they dont solve Wells Fargo problems...

5GB of data on a single institutional is not data we want to have

If wikileaks does not have a suave alternative to current systems and establishments it had better just release gossip that doesn't rattle 'Big Nations'

They just expose juicy gossip here today, gone tomorrow
YesuWangu
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 3:16:28 PM

Hmmm. Mr. Poundfoolish, but the entire wikileaks site is not more than 2 Gib. Accordin to mass mirroring wikileaks

Thats why its easy to mirror them and difficult to shut down. But they pack info and punch. Ask Hillary Clinton.

'Alleged' 5 Gib of data apparently can do this damage to bank of america Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

That is enough to rattle the big shareholders and maybe threaten the fledgling economy of the worlds superpower, hence his being called a 'terrorist' who should be executed for threatening 'national security'.

I think wikileaks will influence change in a few things somewhere. Julian Assange may be going, but the grass roots internet rebellion he started is not going anywhere any time soon. That may be what is a little scary.
Surealligator
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 3:43:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
alma
#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 3:53:39 PM

I'm loving it...now mastercard is under ddoss attacks.

Sorry poundfoolish. a lot of criminal and illegal things have been done in the name of democracy for too long. It's like animal farm all over again.

wikileaks is now bigger than the mindnumbing facebooks and twitter. At last a site that allows you to think and question rather than blindly poke friends.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.