wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<678910>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
Gathige
#141 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:23:18 AM

As they say, the easiest way to rob a bank is to own one. Now Khan, Kabui and co have made their money!

When are we forming Wazua Bank Plc?
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
maka
#142 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:24:31 AM

Safaricom has suspended all agents tied to Chase Bank.
possunt quia posse videntur
enyands
#143 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:26:26 AM

I see all characters of wazua on this page alma1 bgl,forsports,gathigr, guest 60,hardwood,k22,maka,mkenyan,muchknow,ngapat,othelo,subzero,Tsi,winmak, XSK! ! Eeh nikubaya
maka
#144 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:28:38 AM

enyands wrote:
I see all characters of wazua on this page alma1 bgl,forsports,gathigr, guest 60,hardwood,k22,maka,mkenyan,muchknow,ngapat,othelo,subzero,Tsi,winmak, XSK! ! Eeh nikubaya

40 guests...
possunt quia posse videntur
mwenza
#145 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:29:53 AM

wa P wrote:
Please someone assure my friend that MPESA will not be put under receivership. Huko dio pesa itakaa sasa.

Don't be very sure. What happens when you are cornered by thugs?
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Metasploit
#146 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:37:04 AM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
If this one goes the way of Imperial Bank, expect a proper shaving on Bank stocks at the NSE.

CBK must follow kuroda and Yellen and shore up our NSE,particularly Bank stocks....otherwise as @hisah says....sit tight!

CITI BANK 2012 REPORT ON FINANCIAL COOKING BY KENYAN BANKS

Left on the dancefloor after the music stopped.@Hisah raised concern on Kenya banks and liquidity issues long ago

The Citi bank report was dismissed by Prof,The former CBK Bank and all the bank CEOs as shoddy..

But now the truth dawns.NOT GOOD FOR NSE AND ESP ON A BEAR MARKET

What i always agree with Mnandi is that stock markets is directly proportional to social mood.

Economic pessimism must be at the lowest ever level...Not with all the econ scandals and irresponsible institutions.Who will ever trust Q1,Q2,Q3 results.

TECHNICALLY ANALYSIS IS ALWAYS ON POINT..VOLUME SPREAD SPEAKS VOLUME

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
mlennyma
#147 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:39:32 AM

enyands wrote:

someone has polluted the airSad
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Spikes
#148 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:46:20 AM

Metasploit wrote:
If this one goes the way of Imperial Bank, expect a proper shaving on Bank stocks at the NSE.

CBK must follow kuroda and Yellen and shore up our NSE,particularly Bank stocks....otherwise as @hisah says....sit tight!

CITI BANK 2012 REPORT ON FINANCIAL COOKING BY KENYAN BANKS

Left on the dancefloor after the music stopped.@Hisah raised concern on Kenya banks and liquidity issues long ago

The Citi bank report was dismissed by Prof,The former CBK Bank and all the bank CEOs as shoddy..

But now the truth dawns.NOT GOOD FOR NSE AND ESP ON A BEAR MARKET

What i always agree with Mnandi is that stock markets is directly proportional to social mood.

Economic pessimism must be at the lowest ever level...Not with all the econ scandals and irresponsible institutions.Who will ever trust Q1,Q2,Q3 results.

TECHNICALLY ANALYSIS IS ALWAYS ON POINT..VOLUME SPREAD SPEAKS VOLUME

Kenyan leaders have learnt a lesson. They must borrow the mindset of CBK governor Bwana Opus Dei kudos!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
ngapat
#149 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:53:55 AM

wa P wrote:
Please someone assure my friend that MPESA will not be put under receivership. Huko dio pesa itakaa sasa.

Nothing can be assured in this market with absolute certainty.
Bob's new bride might pull a fast one
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
mlennyma
#150 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:54:12 AM

This shows the rot in the previous cbk' governors tenure when a competent dude takes charge
Boris Boyka
#151 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:02:09 AM

How will Rafiki DTM be affected in this saga? I fear for our cash.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
jano
#152 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:04:08 AM

wal6807 wrote:
Someone advise if thought clients with money market accounts are protected Through CMA.?

CMA is just a regulator to oversee that fund managers follow the set regulations and not necessarily guarantee security. In money market the underlying instruments are diversified and most of the time not invested in the custody bank.

Not unless Genghis had placed most of their investment with chase bank they should be able to uplift their investments and pay clients.
Liv
#153 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:04:50 AM

alma1 wrote:

In fact, this rumors started with innuendos from some guys in the green section trying to second guess what the CBK governor was going to talk about yesterday.

On being asked a direct question, he said, "those are social media rumors"

Forgive me for trusting my beloved Central Bank Governor more than I trust the hate monger Impunity and the Waiguru cry baby Much Know.

So up until yesterday afternoon, with all the information on wazua plus more information that is not privy to us, the CBK Governor said there was no cause for concern.

But you were all on twitter, you saw what was going on. All of a sudden the story was Chase Bank was going to be closed.

Students of economics shall tell you, if you have a run on a bank, it may not survive unless something drastic is done. Some branches were closing early because people came from everywhere to withdraw their cash.

According the the CBK which I take as a better source of information than Impunity and Much Know, they had to appoint a receiver simply because of the rumors on chocho media.

So get a grip.

Yes, the fake accounting was in the public domain for more than a week. But what brought the bank to its knees was the Chasebank hashtag that even my mother told me about.And yes, they should have handled it better and probably be working today.

Unless of course you are saying that the Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya is a liar. Which may be possible but honestly I believe Much Know to be the biggest liar ever on Wazua. Tafakari hayo.

Now for more matusi's lets meet kule green section.

Though the social media may have hastened the process of getting into receivership, I think it was inevitable.

1. Chase bank shareholders equity is circa Kes 11B while loans to directors and staff are Kes 13.5B.... Real shareholder equity is negative.

2. 8 directors have a loan from the bank of kes 10.5B....which is NPL.

3. CBK requires a maximum of 25% of capital as loans to directors and staff. chase bank has over 100%... Circa 115%.

4. Chase bank was allowed to issue a Kes 10B bond last year while they could have recovered this from their directors...NPLs

Professor Ndungu should be prosecuted.

Impunity
#154 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:07:34 AM

K22 wrote:
wa P wrote:

Mpesa funds are held in trust account(s) in several banks. d'oh!

Nope, all held in @Uhuru's bank..CBA.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

kollabo
#155 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:08:41 AM

mlennyma wrote:
This shows the rot in the previous cbk' governors tenure when a competent dude takes charge

Bitter pill of tribalism and political patronage.
Spikes
#156 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:10:36 AM

kollabo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Bitter pill of tribalism and political patronage.

Even the citizens who drum up support for tribalism are not spared. They are the most victims.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
mlennyma
#157 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:12:12 AM

IMG-20160407-WA0001.jpg
alma1
#158 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:13:48 AM

Liv wrote:

Though the social media may have hastened the process of getting into receivership, I think it was inevitable.

1. Chase bank shareholders equity is circa Kes 11B while loans to directors and staff are Kes 13.5B.... Real shareholder equity is negative.

3. CBK requires a maximum of 25% of capital as loans to directors and staff. chase bank has over 100%... Circa 115%.

4. Chase bank was allowed to issue a Kes 10B bond last year while they could have recovered this from their directors...NPLs

I totally agree with you. But I'm not taking all this at face value. The Governor is supposed to be holding a press conference soon on Chase Bank. I'd like to hear what he has to say.

Their statement was very clear on "inaccurate social media reports"

This case is exactly like the Continental Illinois Bank. Where it was not the mismanagement that caused the failure of the bank but rather an "inaccurate" report by reuters.

Mismanagement is part and parcel of any business.Even NBK for crying out loud is still on its feet.

Please read this book http://www.amazon.com/Th...-Illinois/dp/0396088090

It's funny how what happened at Chase is exactly what happened with Continental. The only difference is the names of the parties involved.

As for the previous governor, I'm sorry to say that we shall be paying for his "leadership" for years to come. God knows what's going to happen to the property market when all these banks start restating their earnings.

Now let's wait for the Governor's talk. I'll rely on him for concrete information on exactly what happened.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Obi 1 Kanobi
#159 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:14:40 AM

Liv wrote:
alma1 wrote:

In fact, this rumors started with innuendos from some guys in the green section trying to second guess what the CBK governor was going to talk about yesterday.

Forgive me for trusting my beloved Central Bank Governor more than I trust the hate monger Impunity and the Waiguru cry baby Much Know.

So up until yesterday afternoon, with all the information on wazua plus more information that is not privy to us, the CBK Governor said there was no cause for concern.

But you were all on twitter, you saw what was going on. All of a sudden the story was Chase Bank was going to be closed.

Students of economics shall tell you, if you have a run on a bank, it may not survive unless something drastic is done. Some branches were closing early because people came from everywhere to withdraw their cash.

According the the CBK which I take as a better source of information than Impunity and Much Know, they had to appoint a receiver simply because of the rumors on chocho media.

So get a grip.

Yes, the fake accounting was in the public domain for more than a week. But what brought the bank to its knees was the Chasebank hashtag that even my mother told me about.And yes, they should have handled it better and probably be working today.

Unless of course you are saying that the Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya is a liar. Which may be possible but honestly I believe Much Know to be the biggest liar ever on Wazua. Tafakari hayo.

Very true @Liv.

Blaming access to information for the fall of Chase Bank is akin to shooting the messenger coz you don't like the message.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
littledove
#160 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:14:51 AM

Liv wrote:
alma1 wrote:

So get a grip.

a loan of more than a billion per director!!!! just shocking
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope