wazua Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<678910>»
Cytonn Investments
Rollout
#141 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:20:35 PM

murchr wrote:
Rollout wrote:
I spent 20 min on Cynton website and It made me uncomfortable. the 5 billion they've raised goes into 3 project.

*10 crazy looking mansions investment total, Ksh 625M or kshs 62.5m each
** Crazy/Hollywood kind mansions total, kshs 3.05B

*** Overpriced flats( 1 bedroom ~kshs 5M) total price kshs 1.6b

Make your judgement

Those who want to exit, what are you exiting from? the houses are not done, there is currently no underlying asset tied to your investment, the only way to exit is if they pay you off other people's capital.

@Drunkard Where the hell have you been?

@Murchr, power rationing.
enyands
#142 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:35:00 PM

Rollout wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rollout wrote:
I spent 20 min on Cynton website and It made me uncomfortable. the 5 billion they've raised goes into 3 project.

*10 crazy looking mansions investment total, Ksh 625M or kshs 62.5m each
** Crazy/Hollywood kind mansions total, kshs 3.05B

*** Overpriced flats( 1 bedroom ~kshs 5M) total price kshs 1.6b

Make your judgement

Those who want to exit, what are you exiting from? the houses are not done, there is currently no underlying asset tied to your investment, the only way to exit is if they pay you off other people's capital.

@Drunkard Where the hell have you been?

@Murchr, power rationing.

Watching from over the fence .
Rollout
#143 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:36:17 PM

Let me get this right, Cytonn borrowed Kshs 143M and paid back Kshs 220M within a year for 54% return and you call these guys smart?

It's not like they made some crazy return on investment because their properties are still in development stage so what they did is collected money from investors to pay off PE firm for the capital the PE provided plus investment return of 54%( where did Cytonn get 54%?)
murchr
#144 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:59:00 PM

Rollout wrote:
Let me get this right, Cytonn borrowed Kshs 143M and paid back Kshs 220M within a year for 54% return and you call these guys smart?

It's not like they made some crazy return on investment because their properties are still in development stage so what they did is collected money from investors to pay off PE firm for the capital the PE provided plus investment return of 54%( where did Cytonn get 54%?)

What now and these are CPA's and CFA's....surely they know what they doing no?! Laughing out loudly

Unbelievable! And the media reports it as if its to Cytonns favor. People are the menu here yet they think they are at the table.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
enyands
#145 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 12:04:28 AM

murchr wrote:
Rollout wrote:

What now and these are CPA's and CFA's....surely they know what they doing no?! Laughing out loudly

Unbelievable! And the media reports it as if its to Cytonns favor. People are the menu here yet they think they are at the table.

Rollout smart analysis. @horton what sayeth you ??
Horton
#146 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 8:06:12 AM

Hehe u guys are like a small gang, im sure ur enjoying the comradery πŸ˜‚ Just tells you that paid advertising (read trolling) of akina paul works.

Ok so I asked them way back when this "news" was news and the explatiin I got was more than adequate to satisfy my curiosity. What I got (not that it makes a difference here as you have all clearly made up your minds) was that it was a mixed investment by taaleri not just debt (ie profits from the venture included as part was an investment by taaleri). i do my homework 😎

I think if anyone give me good credible stuff I am as willing to listen just like the next guy, however so far all I hear is slander, hate and poor arguments. Anyone?? Just curious why some of the "geniuses" here never saw chase coming....some of the guys here even put money on the bonds of imperial. Jes saying....

Just PS 80% of Amara ridge is sold.

In sumation, i have wasted enough of my time here on "issues" that dont exist. For those of you who want to invest, definately do, in my opinion it is a great company. They answer all your questions leaving you no doubt that you are in safe hands. and those of you who dont want to, then dont. Remember what Buffett said "be greedy whn others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy" buy your shares before they get to expensive levels if u wanna πŸ˜‰
Angelica _ann
#147 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 8:08:38 AM

This is a young company being run by brilliant young minds, give them time.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
enyands
#148 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 8:13:01 AM

Where is paulkimani? He should be here talking too right?? this came up because of him?
paulkimani
#149 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 8:15:06 AM

I pointed out my concerns. The CEO decided to respond to comments on the star. Now some comments are deleted. When the CEO gets worried over (us little people as you all seem to think we are) thats when you know you have hit a nail on the head.

Horton FYI - amara ridge has 10 houses and was done via JOINT VENTURE. 4 of those houses are being kept by the land owner which means only 4 have actually been bought - therefore only 40% have actually been SOLD. Cytonn kept claiming the development was in Karen when infact its in langata. Only recently have they stopped saying "karen"when talking about it.

Chase, Imperial etc - yes most didn't see it coming. Because as Kenyans as long as there is good "customer service"we smile and enjoy and don't ask the questions.

I have asked mine. I don't need to respond to all of your queries just like you Horton/Edwin can't give any validation as to why you are Cytonn's biggest fan!

I have my opinions and have aired them. Some people are now questioning which is not a bad thing - don't think people can only have one frame of mind!

paulkimani
#150 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 8:24:24 AM

Please don't underestimate my knowledge of the company. You may have invested with them, I have also done my homework becuase I was not "Satisfied" with their answers. Just like Chase customers shouldn't have been "Satisfied" with good customer service and all talk.
hardwood
#151 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 9:36:10 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Agreed. They need support.
enyands
#152 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 9:52:28 AM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Laughing out loudly
jano
#153 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 10:21:30 AM

romours has it that they had invested 96% of their funds with chase bank. They were getting 18.5% and giving their clients 18%
Horton
#154 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 12:33:04 PM

jano wrote:
romours has it that they had invested 96% of their funds with chase bank. They were getting 18.5% and giving their clients 18%

Haha not true. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚where do u guys do ur research?!?! Ati 96%, hahaha

As for paul, any tom, kamau or ondieki knows how JVs work, that is not special insight.
muganda
#155 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 12:51:51 PM

Horton wrote:
jano wrote:

Haha not true. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚where do u guys do ur research?!?! Ati 96%, hahaha

As for paul, any tom, kamau or ondieki knows how JVs work, that is not special insight.

Don't know about the rumours, percentages or otherwise.

But for sure Cytonn's insider knowledge of the banking sector was tested last week. A quick search does indeed show they banked at Chase Bank, using the account to recieve tender deposits, plus receiving bank - no other bank was listed.

Rollout
#156 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:21:25 PM

Horton wrote:
Hehe u guys are like a small gang, im sure ur enjoying the comradery πŸ˜‚ Just tells you that paid advertising (read trolling) of akina paul works.

Ok so I asked them way back when this "news" was news and the explatiin I got was more than adequate to satisfy my curiosity. What I got (not that it makes a difference here as you have all clearly made up your minds) was that it was a mixed investment by taaleri not just debt (ie profits from the venture included as part was an investment by taaleri). i do my homework 😎

I think if anyone give me good credible stuff I am as willing to listen just like the next guy, however so far all I hear is slander, hate and poor arguments. Anyone?? Just curious why some of the "geniuses" here never saw chase coming....some of the guys here even put money on the bonds of imperial. Jes saying....

In sumation, i have wasted enough of my time here on "issues" that dont exist. For those of you who want to invest, definately do, in my opinion it is a great company. They answer all your questions leaving you no doubt that you are in safe hands. and those of you who dont want to, then dont. Remember what Buffett said "be greedy whn others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy" buy your shares before they get to expensive levels if u wanna πŸ˜‰

@Horton. Everything you wrote up there is called noise. Just answer my question, how can you explain 54% return they gave the PE firm? Can you even recognize returns that has not been earned assuming that they've sold goods(properties)that will be delivered next year?
paulkimani
#157 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:43:31 PM

Horton wrote:
jano wrote:

Horton is defensive, just like Dande on the Star comments! And no Horton - to say they "sold 80%" is incorrect. They only sold 4 and the other 4 were swapped for land essentially.

You might not like people asking the real questions, you might be from Cytonn or maybe you just genuinely believe their answers - but it doesnt add up, just like the 54% return is impractiable and quite frankly bullsh*t.
newfarer
#158 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:53:28 PM

enyands wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly

paulkimani wrote:
I pointed out my concerns. The CEO decided to respond to comments on the star. Now some comments are deleted. When the CEO gets worried over (us little people as you all seem to think we are) thats when you know you have hit a nail on the head.

Horton FYI - amara ridge has 10 houses and was done via JOINT VENTURE. 4 of those houses are being kept by the land owner which means only 4 have actually been bought - therefore only 40% have actually been SOLD. Cytonn kept claiming the development was in Karen when infact its in langata. Only recently have they stopped saying "karen"when talking about it.

Chase, Imperial etc - yes most didn't see it coming. Because as Kenyans as long as there is good "customer service"we smile and enjoy and don't ask the questions.

I have asked mine. I don't need to respond to all of your queries just like you Horton/Edwin can't give any validation as to why you are Cytonn's biggest fan!

I have my opinions and have aired them. Some people are now questioning which is not a bad thing - don't think people can only have one frame of mind!

punda amecheka
paulkimani
#159 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:54:46 PM

Rollout wrote:
Horton wrote:

@Horton. Everything you wrote up there is called noise. Just answer my question, how can you explain 54% return they gave the PE firm? Can you even recognize returns that has not been earned assuming that they've sold goods(properties)that will be delivered next year?

At the most for the 40% sold they would have received a deposit. At the very most. Not even nearly enough to cover the 54% let alone sustain the firm. Hence the need for big advertising. You look successful, people assume you are.
murchr
#160 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 2:24:10 PM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

This is what was said about Transcentury

Quote:
In other sectors, we see Transcentury as a long-term buy due to their strong portfolio companies such as Civicon, Avery, East African Cables and Chai Bora. The company is managed by a young dynamic leader in Dr. Gachao Kiuna who can definitely grow the company’s prospects.

From this thread

The rest is history
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore