wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

29 Pages«<678910>»
Gor Mahia F.C : The Nuisance
QD
#141 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:23:50 AM

It's official Gino No Kaw Nyoro as the three point for the game between Sony and Gor have been awarded to Gor.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
tassia
#142 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:47:05 AM

Lets be honest and stop pretending. This thing is complicated...it has something to do with culture.

I have worked in Nyanza and worked together with the community In Nyanza. A Luo man is a very good man when he is alone but when they become a cloud, .......be careful. Most Luo's like attention. When they are together, they like even more attention and they want to feel they are on top of everyone else. Most of those things done by Gor fans are done to attract attention. And they do all sorts of things including coming to town with loud vuvuzelas so that everyone in town should know that either Gor has a match to play or they have won. Never mind that most people do not care about football and wonder how a sane person is doing this.

Violence is a way of wanting to tell everyone that they are on top if not superior to everyone else. They will walk to Nation Centre to beg for coverage and hoping may be NTV or Nation Newspaper will splash their photos on the screen or front page.

If they can be diverted to do good things that will make them be seen as superior, many good things can be done. e,g a section of town that is cleaned and beatification done by Kogalo fans where you talk about it in the media, cover the the progress of work being done etc. However, some may require psychological help to understand that a match is only a game and what they should be more bothered about is whether they can put food on the table for their family.

Sometimes we waste too much energy trying to identify with something and forget the critical areas of our lives that matter most.
Pedes
#143 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:55:15 AM

tassia wrote:
Lets be honest and stop pretending. This thing is complicated...it has something to do with culture.

I have worked in Nyanza and worked together with the community In Nyanza. A Luo man is a very good man when he is alone but when they become a cloud, .......be careful. Most Luo's like attention. When they are together, they like even more attention and they want to feel they are on top of everyone else. Most of those things done by Gor fans are done to attract attention. And they do all sorts of things including coming to town with loud vuvuzelas so that everyone in town should know that either Gor has a match to play or they have worn. Never mind that most people do not care about football and wonder how a sane person is doing this.

Violence is a way of wanting to tell everyone that they are on top if not superior to everyone else. They will walk to Nation Centre to beg for coverage and hoping may be NTV or Nation Newspaper will splash their photos on the screen or front page.

If they can be diverted to do good things that will make them be seen as superior, many good things can be done. e,g a section of town that is cleaned and beatification done by Kogalo fans where you talk about it in the media, cover the the progress of work being done etc. However, some may require psychological help to understand that a match is only a game and what they should be more bothered about is whether they can put food on the table for their family.

Sometimes we waste too much energy trying to identify with something and forget the critical areas of our lives that matter most.

Peleka kule, hooliganism is there in UK, Turkey, Russia etc

Is it the Gor fans who took vuvuzelas to S.A. world cup?

Don't use a few to dicredit the whole community, ndonge?smile
If you stay ready, no need to get ready.
McReggae
#144 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:22:57 PM

Pedes wrote:
tassia wrote:

I have worked in Nyanza and worked together with the community In Nyanza. A Luo man is a very good man when he is alone but when they become a cloud, .......be careful. Most Luo's like attention. When they are together, they like even more attention and they want to feel they are on top of everyone else. Most of those things done by Gor fans are done to attract attention. And they do all sorts of things including coming to town with loud vuvuzelas so that everyone in town should know that either Gor has a match to play or they have worn. Never mind that most people do not care about football and wonder how a sane person is doing this.

Infact our dear madam doesn't hear any vuvuzelas when Ingwe has a game, SMH!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
tassia
#145 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:31:57 PM

Pedes wrote:
tassia wrote:

Please lets not bury our heads in the sand. I am just trying to explain what I think is the problem and solutions.

I am explaining Gor Hooliganism not Europe Hooliganism. If you want to explain Europe Hooliganism, you can start a thread.
I have actually not condemned Vuvuzelas
I have actually not discredited anyone, not even a community
dossy7
#146 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:33:02 PM

McReggae wrote:
Pedes wrote:
tassia wrote:

Infact our dear madam doesn't hear any vuvuzelas when Ingwe has a game, SMH!!!!!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and many have expressed theirs. Whatever has been said may be true or false but as at now I don't care as long as we are the champions the rest are just noise #Gininewasekao
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
Am
#147 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:38:45 PM

dossy7 wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Pedes wrote:
tassia wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and many have expressed theirs. Whatever has been said may be true or false but as at now I don't care as long as we are the champions the rest are just noise #Gininewasekao

Just a word of caution.Please do not Fight in the house. Also, Let your neighbors have peace. Walk and talk to people easy. Do not boss and harass people in the workplace and streets. Please Practice Peace and humility.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
QD
#148 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:49:23 PM

tassia wrote:
Pedes wrote:
tassia wrote:

Please lets not bury our heads in the sand. I am just trying to explain what I think is the problem and solutions.

I am explaining Gor Hooliganism not Europe Hooliganism. If you want to explain Europe Hooliganism, you can start a thread.
I have actually not condemned Vuvuzelas
I have actually not discredited anyone, not even a community

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Njung'e
#149 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:50:49 PM

Am wrote:
[quote=dossy7

Just a word of caution.Please do not Fight in the house. Also, Let your neighbors have peace. Walk and talk to people easy. Do not boss and harass people in the workplace and streets. Please Practice Peace and humility.

Stop wasting you pep talk on stones.I was an innocent victim some months back and had to spend a tidy sum to undo an ugly scratch on my bonnet.God knows i was so mad.To date,i am annoyed with myself for not killing the idiot but i have sworn that nobody gets away with it next time.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#150 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:16:01 PM

@Tassia may be right in her observations, however, the same applies worldwide, there are soccer hooligans all over the world. I once attend an EPL Match and believe you me, the supporters coming to the field were singing shouting (and basically seeking attention as Tassia has put it). The difference is that the cops were very vigilant, they cleared the roads for them, allowed them preferential use of the tube and generally followed them to make sure they do not cause loss to other people.

So haters, please bear with the Gor Hooligans and allow them to enjoy the KPL victory, stay away from them and you will be just fine.

Police on the other hand should track any groupings to arrest any hooligan who tries to injure innocent people or destroy property.

GINIWASEKAO, GIGI WADWAKAO
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
nakujua
#151 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:52:25 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Am wrote:
[quote=dossy7

Stop wasting you pep talk on stones.I was an innocent victim some months back and had to spend a tidy sum to undo an ugly scratch on my bonnet.God knows i was so mad.To date,i am annoyed with myself for not killing the idiot but i have sworn that nobody gets away with it next time.

maturity is what they lack, they jumped on my bonnet wakaacha dents, don't know what they were carrying in their behinds - then the whole group tried to hitch a ride on my 800cc contraption and the thing was really struggling to move, ikanimalizia ngata hapo hapo.
from there i decided to start selling their pirated jerseys
Am
#152 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:58:01 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
@Tassia may be right in her observations, however, the same applies worldwide, there are soccer hooligans all over the world. I once attend an EPL Match and believe you me, the supporters coming to the field were singing shouting (and basically seeking attention as Tassia has put it). The difference is that the cops were very vigilant, they cleared the roads for them, allowed them preferential use of the tube and generally followed them to make sure they do not cause loss to other people.

So haters, please bear with the Gor Hooligans and allow them to enjoy the KPL victory, stay away from them and you will be just fine.

Police on the other hand should track any groupings to arrest any hooligan who tries to injure innocent people or destroy property.

@Obi Kanobi.

The above Comment borders recklessness.Surely? Are you high?

There is a huge difference between a, say Man U Hooligan and a Kogalo Hooligan. We are in Kenya. We are talking about some stupid hooligans here in Kenya, who are lazy, idle,(started flocking stadium at 9am) bitter and have no respect to others well being, rule of law, other's Property etc.

Sorry to bring in a new angle but think about this for a while. These are the same elements who can burn down a whole city in two days, totally unnecessarily, ending 100s of thriving businesses that serves them - places they get their daily bread. These are things we never like to discuss. We call it tribal but truth is they must be told as it is. I am not tribal, have a partner and best friend (and many others) who is an Omera, have a branch of our small enterprise in Kisumo that we had to close for 5 or so days during elections - something we never did in any other branch in other towns.

So, I know what I am talking about.

Mbona tubebeleze watu? Are they 2 year olds?

When you have your car whiten off, or have to replace a windscreen after meeting these burgers then you'll understand.

In the meantime, call me tribal.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
Pedes
#153 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:09:11 PM

Am wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

@Obi Kanobi.

There is a huge difference between a, say Man U Hooligan and a Kogalo Hooligan. We are in Kenya. We are talking about some stupid hooligans here in Kenya, who are lazy, idle,(started flocking stadium at 9am) bitter and have no respect to others well being, rule of law, other's Property etc.

Sorry to bring in a new angle but think about this for a while. These are the same elements who can burn down a whole city in two days, totally unnecessarily, ending 100s of thriving businesses that serves them - places they get their daily bread. These are things we never like to discuss. We call it tribal but truth is they must be told as it is. I am not tribal, have a partner and best friend (and many others) who is an Omera, have a branch of our small enterprise in Kisumo that we had to close for 5 or so days during elections - something we never did in any other branch in other towns.

When you have your car whiten off, or have to replace a windscreen after meeting these burgers then you'll understand.

A whole city, really?
These Gor hooligans are a nuisance, how could they?
Why would someone call you tribal, what will your Omera friends think of people who do so.
If you stay ready, no need to get ready.
Am
#154 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:21:02 PM

Pedes wrote:
Am wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

@Obi Kanobi.

A whole city, really?
Why would someone call you tribal, what will your Omera friends think of people who do so.

YOU AIN'T ALONE BRO..GOOGLES WORN BY MANY, NOT JUST YOU.....and the cycle Continues...
McReggae
#155 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:26:01 PM

Am wrote:
Pedes wrote:
Am wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

@Obi Kanobi.

A whole city, really?

YOU AIN'T ALONE BRO..GOOGLES WORN BY MANY, NOT JUST YOU.....and the cycle Continues...

Coming with such a ship, a whole city can be taken down Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Magigi
#156 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:33:21 PM

Am wrote:
Pedes wrote:
Am wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

@Obi Kanobi.

A whole city, really?

@Am is right...I too have very good Omera friends (@McReggae included!)and the candidate I voted for in the last general election was non other Raila. If truth be told, there is something totally wrong with these folks. Could it be genetic? I don't know. How do you visit wrath on your hometown? Ama Wakamba ndio walitoka makueni na kuchoma maduka huko? Chenz!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#157 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:56:34 PM

Am wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

@Obi Kanobi.

@Am, I don't want to get into an arguement with you, I have seen what your thots are thru your writings. I am sure you have token Omera friends and thats good for you.

I was referring to stuff I observed elsewhere, my friend tembea the world ujionee.

As to your reference to 2008 PEV, lets leave those issues out of this thread as they are being dealt with at the Hague, and we all know who are there, feel free to read the witness accounts in the dailies.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
King G
#158 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:04:29 PM

Headline in a local daily; Gor Fans Burn Down City (Which city was this, missed that news?????)Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Thieves
MADE
#159 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:11:50 PM

i sincerely thot this thread was all about Gor n hooliganism in futbol; just like the Liverpool hooligans in EPL. Why the political turn laced with tribal overtones?? We also have serious cases of well known hooligans at the Leopard den, much to my chagrin as an Ingwe fan. And remember that a team without a naturally loyal and solid fan base cant survive the socio-economic turbulence that our Kenyan teams have gone thru over the years.The behaviour of hooligans can only be explained by the likes of Dr. Frank Njenga. Aren't the Senator n a former MP in Nairobi also social hooligans yet they are not Gor fans?
Age is transforming me into an Elder;becoz Admin hasn't made me one.
McReggae
#160 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:16:46 PM

MADE wrote:
i sincerely thot this thread was all about Gor n hooliganism in futbol; just like the Liverpool hooligans in EPL. Why the political turn laced with tribal overtones?? We also have serious cases of well known hooligans at the Leopard den, much to my chagrin as an Ingwe fan. And remember that a team without a naturally loyal and solid fan base cant survive the socio-economic turbulence that our Kenyan teams have gone thru over the years.The behaviour of hooligans can only be explained by the likes of Dr. Frank Njenga. Aren't the Senator n a former MP in Nairobi also social hooligans yet they are not Gor fans?

Applause Applause Applause Applause Very well said!!!!