Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough
obiero
#1541 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:23:13 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
instinct wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Court-battle-reveals-HF-Sh4bn-hidden-bad-loans/539550-3484506-hqtjt4z/index.html

this 'msoga' is starting to smell foul....

On the very day that I scooped meself some more!!! Sad Sad
Pole sana. Sad Sad Sad If you do not trust the management, just avoid the stock [as a long-term investment]

My take is simple, lots begs explaining here. A confirmation of a hint I bumped upon two yrs down the line. Lots more lurks behind this revelation.
Toboa! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

P.S. If anyone hears anything about I&M ... please let me know!
Equity too but I am not as invested in it as I&M

I&M is burst in the middle.. Take off while you still can.. Meanwhile, that suppression of NPLs especially being mortgages doesn't make sense. The former employee is simply jilted, just like @vvs with KQ

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Mkondoa Macho
#1542 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:04:26 PM

How many shares of HFCK does Mr Frank Ireri have??Anything less than 100million worth of shares is considered insignificant because he lacks enough skin in the game. Any investor at Equity would feel safe considering that Mwangi has billions in shares there...lakini hapa tumecheswod'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Mkondoa Macho
#1543 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:43:33 PM

I have incurred a serious loss in this counter...and I guess I will just leave the shares...I will not sell...I prefer staying invested until the next bull market comes and at that time I will dump them and walk away. Current market capitalization is 4.4 billion...almost the same value of the bad loans that were not reported.
Bigchick
#1544 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 11:36:46 PM

With this kind of discussion from enlightened people and whattsapp rumours from the less enlightened...I foresee doom for HF Group.Their current and savings accounts will suffer a great deal.

I feel "jonolists" are also to blame for some of the messes that come up.I think they need to know what information is sensitive and which is not.

This muchene/sourgrapes from a jilted employee is not right.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
obiero
#1545 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:12:38 AM

Bigchick wrote:
With this kind of discussion from enlightened people and whattsapp rumours from the less enlightened...I foresee doom for HF Group.Their current and savings accounts will suffer a great deal.

I feel "jonolists" are also to blame for some of the messes that come up.I think they need to know what information is sensitive and which is not.

@Bigchick agreed, but it's too late now.. The fake news has filtered out and the share is already jittery..

MadDoc
#1546 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:48:42 AM

Bigchick wrote:

This muchene/sourgrapes from a wilted employee is not right.

Could be a good time to load up. That's if you believe they are Just rumors.

VituVingiSana
#1547 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:10:56 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
instinct wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Court-battle-reveals-HF-Sh4bn-hidden-bad-loans/539550-3484506-hqtjt4z/index.html

On the very day that I scooped meself some more!!! Sad Sad
Pole sana. Sad Sad Sad If you do not trust the management, just avoid the stock [as a long-term investment]

My take is simple, lots begs explaining here. A confirmation of a hint I bumped upon two yrs down the line. Lots more lurks behind this revelation.
Toboa! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

P.S. If anyone hears anything about I&M ... please let me know!
Equity too but I am not as invested in it as I&M

I&M is burst in the middle.. Take off while you still can.. Meanwhile, that suppression of NPLs especially being mortgages doesn't make sense. The former employee is simply jilted, just like @vvs with KQ

Details.
What does "I&M is burst in the middle." mean?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#1548 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:13:36 AM

Bigchick wrote:

1) It was what Muchene said that they reported
2) Would you like all your news filtered like in the Moi days?
3) If you think it is fake then load up as the price falls...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#1549 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:57:18 AM

instinct wrote:

HF shareholders should not panic for this news.
This man claims cannot be trusted.
Why is he raising the issue of NPLs after he has been fired?
I aslo fault mgt for allowing this issue to get this far.They could have nipped the thing in the bud as soon as the man started communicating with the board.
I advise Hf shareholders not to panic sale.
The case might dragg for long but wait untill the facts of the case are proved beyond doubts.
For longterm investors,take advantage of the panic to increase your holding and to average down your buying price.
I trust FY reports as its the only avenue i can gauge the financial health of a company.For dubious reports from compromised auditors,i trust that CMA will take appropriate action of forwarding it to EACC for prosecution.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
KulaRaha
#1550 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:01:42 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
instinct wrote:

I aslo fault mgt for allowing this issue to get this far.They could have nipped the thing in the bud as soon as the man started communicating with the board.
The case might dragg for long but wait untill the facts of the case are proved beyond doubts.
For longterm investors,take advantage of the panic to increase your holding and to average down your buying price.
I trust FY reports as its the only avenue i can gauge the financial health of a company.For dubious reports from compromised auditors,i trust that CMA will take appropriate action of forwarding it to EACC for prosecution.

Like they did for Uchumi and KQ? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Angelica _ann
#1551 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:13:08 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
instinct wrote:

Like they did for Uchumi and KQ? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

In Kenya Management misrepresent facts to investors through IM during public listing, rights and bond offers and you think they don't massage annual financial reports. Okay,Isorite.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
wukan
#1552 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:19:03 AM

HF used to have rotten shady employees, you only need to go through the judgments issued by the commercial courts on how they used to manipulate systems or ask Buruburu homeowners on the horrors they experienced with HF.

Frank Ireri is a decent guy right from his days at barclays. He has a good strategy that has turned around the fortunes of HF. There are still some challenges and he needs to shake up a few departments. On the overall long term looks okay but the price may end up in the single digits.
Ebenyo
#1553 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:30:21 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
instinct wrote:

In Kenya Management misrepresent facts to investors through IM during public listing, rights and bond offers and you think they don't massage annual financial reports. Okay,Isorite.

@Angelica,I dont mean that way.
As a longterm investor,one of my important tool is the annual financial report.I have to trust as its from the company i have put my money.
I wont put my money in a company that i dont trust.This runs from management to the business.
I will pull out when my trust in a company is eroded.
If you dont trust a company,why invest in it? if you dont trust its financial reports,why invest in it?
We should not allow fear to stop us from following our dream.
Poverty is rampant becoz majority fear and doubt everything.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Mkondoa Macho
#1554 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:22:08 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
instinct wrote:

As a longterm investor,one of my important tool is the annual financial report.I have to trust as its from the company i have put my money.
I wont put my money in a company that i dont trust.This runs from management to the business.
If you dont trust a company,why invest in it? if you dont trust its financial reports,why invest in it?

As a current shareholder, my approach is simple. I have decided to put all purchases on hold until the full year results are out. If there is a decline in PAT and if there is a cut in dividends, I will sell off. If any of these two conditions for selling are not met, I will start accumulating more.
obiero
#1555 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:07:41 PM

I know Kevin personally. This is a man who you cannot even trust to park your car, lest he drives off

FRM2011
#1556 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:03:04 PM

obiero wrote:
I know Kevin personally. This is a man who you cannot even trust to park your car, lest he drives off

Hard to support with available evidence. He was fired over use of unprofesional language not integrity issues.

Its very hard to be a director of credit in a bank if your history is tainted with integrity issues.

Mr. Ireri has no significant stake in HF like JM or Muriuki. A very key indicator. The few shares he holds
are courtesy of an ESOP. That's a staff benefit which everyone grabs.
obiero
#1557 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:48:48 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
obiero wrote:

Hard to support with available evidence. He was fired over use of unprofesional language not integrity issues.

Its very hard to be a director of credit in a bank if your history is tainted with integrity issues.

Mr. Ireri has no significant stake in HF like JM or Muriuki. A very key indicator. The few shares he holds
are courtesy of an ESOP. That's a staff benefit which everyone grabs.

Do you know him personally??

obiero
#1558 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:58:40 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
instinct wrote:

The claims are totally false and wazua will soon realise. For now, we count unnecessary losses

kawi254
#1559 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:28:52 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
instinct wrote:

The claims are totally false and wazua will soon realise. For now, we count unnecessary losses

Dubai bank demise started with a fired employee going to court and spilling the beans.
obiero
#1560 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:58:59 PM

kawi254 wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
instinct wrote:

Dubai bank demise started with a fired employee going to court and spilling the beans.

Wewe namna gani bwana.. Dubai bank was a shell bank.. HF on the other hand has Equity Bank behind it.. Wasema uko na Intel kuliko Mwangi?