wazua Mon, Jul 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

120 Pages«<6970717273>»
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough
MaichBlack
#1401 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 9:54:17 PM

Thank you all for your opinions.

The rest you are still welcome to give yours.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
enyands
#1402 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 11:42:30 PM

instinct wrote:
Finally some tangible results...

Housing Finance Group (HF) has posted a 9.6 per cent growth in net profit for the nine months to September driven by increased lending.

The listed mortgage lender reported an after-tax profit of Sh777 million as at end of September up from Sh709 million in a similar period last year.

“The increase in capital means that the banks capability of lending and deposit taking also increases,” said HF chief executive Frank Ireri.

The lender raised Sh3.5 billion through a rights issue at the beginning of the year.

READ: Housing Finance prices Sh3.5 bn cash call

Loans and advances to customers increased to Sh51.7 billion in September up from Sh43.2 billion posted during a similar period in 2014. Customer deposits increased to Sh37.5 billion up from Sh33.1 billion.

http://www.businessdaily...4/-/3vpvbw/-/index.html

will the hike in interest rates and a visit from bear affect the profit for the FY...just curiosity
Aguytrying
#1403 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 11:45:46 PM

@enyands. It will. It's takes time to reflect, but eventually will. Banks are also good at cooking so the effect can be even further delayed
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
enyands
#1404 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 4:43:04 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
It will. It's takes time to reflect, but eventually will. Banks are also good at cooking so the effect can be even further delayed

They should have these people who do these cooking impeached
Mainat
#1405 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:45:00 AM

HF will require capital before the year is out or early next year
Sehemu ndio nyumba
obiero
#1406 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 6:59:55 AM

enyands wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
It will. It's takes time to reflect, but eventually will. Banks are also good at cooking so the effect can be even further delayed

They should have these people who do these cooking impeached

Same reason why flat PBT was not announced. Ukora kiasi.. Kenyan style

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Aguytrying
#1407 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:45:07 PM

@maich. HFCK is threatening to go below 20 today
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mlennyma
#1408 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 3:16:06 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

Kk tooSad I foresee the worst coming
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
enyands
#1409 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 4:39:52 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Mlennyma you and kk reminds me of @Obiero and kq. Anyways I just realised this kk has given you alot of emotional rolacosta. Still i insist wake me up when it's 10 bob.
VituVingiSana
#1410 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:05:07 PM

enyands wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Mlennyma you and kk reminds me of @Obiero and kq. Anyways I just realised this kk has given you alot of emotional rolacosta. Still i insist wake me up when it's 10 bob.

KK makes a decent profit. 'Nuff said.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
instinct
#1411 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:12:15 PM

enyands wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

it cant... coz everyone anaingojea kaa fisi.. Drool
mlennyma
#1412 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:29:29 PM

instinct wrote:
enyands wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

it cant... coz everyone anaingojea kaa fisi.. Drool

you concentrate where your mouth is but I realize Kk is among the most discussed stocks making many wanjikus to get in thinking making money is a magic.they soon leave heart brocken.Aluta continua
MaichBlack
#1413 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 6:50:05 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

Yeah. As most of you are saying, I should hold on to my horses. There is a chance of getting in at a lower price!!

But I really don't want to miss the bus on this one. I want to (over) load more once and for all!!!

I hope I will not get caught up in a forever waiting mode and when the prices start heading north I keep waiting for them to come back down and they never do! These happens to investors more often than you would imagine. That is why most never benefit from low prices. Remember when Safcom was trading at 2.xy and 90% of Wazuans were waiting for it at 1 bob!!! One fellow even started a thread (much later) titled "What will happen when Safaricom shares move back to 5/=" And the best answer in that thread was "One share of Safaricom will be trading at five shillings!!!". He he he.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Aguytrying
#1414 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:38:28 PM

@ maich. I remember Safcom at those prices!! For hfck put for yourself a buying price and buy at that price and below until you've bought enough. There will be no time you will feel comfortable that the price won't go lower... When it reaches your threshold just keep buying slowly. This means, yes the price may continue to drop after you buy, but that doesn't matter, it's hard to get the bottom. Also why I prefer buying in small bits below the target price over a long period,so I'll get my 'average' price
VituVingiSana
#1415 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:18:33 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Yeah. As most of you are saying, I should hold on to my horses. There is a chance of getting in at a lower price!!

But I really don't want to miss the bus on this one. I want to (over) load more once and for all!!!

I hope I will not get caught up in a forever waiting mode and when the prices start heading north I keep waiting for them to come back down and they never do! These happens to investors more often than you would imagine. That is why most never benefit from low prices. Remember when Safcom was trading at 2.xy and 90% of Wazuans were waiting for it at 1 bob!!! One fellow even started a thread (much later) titled "What will happen when Safaricom shares move back to 5/=" And the best answer in that thread was "One share of Safaricom will be trading at five shillings!!!". He he he.

If you had the cash would you buy the whole company at this price? Not 100 or 10,000 shares. The whole company.
Shareholders List
@MaichBlack - 100%

If yes, then buy the HFCK.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
instinct
#1416 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 10:24:51 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
I have been looking to load up on more Housing Finance shares. My target buying price of 20/= was hit last week but I did not pull the trigger.

Given the current economic situation and Interest regime, banks profitability will most likely be hit due to lower loan intake! Have these issues been fully factored into the price (including market sentiments) or a we likely to see even lower prices?? I am not a speculator but I will take a lower buying price any day coz that way I can buy more! On the other hand, most investors don't benefit from lower prices because they keep waiting for them to go lower and eventually miss the bus!

I need different opinions from wazuans - from fundies to chartists/cartoonists - I put them in the same pot as mine nikoroge kidogo and make a decision!

Every time HFCK faces higher funding/deposit rates, it has problems. See the timing of their Rights Issues juxtaposed to the movement in interest rates.

A long-term lender like HFCK finds it harder to raise rates even if its funding costs increase.
You cannot easily 'foreclose' on a borrower who has borrowed 90% LTV.
The courts do not look kindly on lenders who hike rates even of their funding costs increase.

Enjoy 23% (less WTax) on GoK T-Bills & then buy HFCK with 23% more cash. I doubt HFCK's prices will rise by 18% anytime soon.

HF @50 documentary on NTV
instinct
#1417 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:16:32 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
instinct wrote:
I see 7.8billion turnover worth of new business and mortgage loans to half of the buyers...

I'm impressed the scale of this project caught the eye of the President

I like their progress and aggression of Kenya Building society.

HF Group to spend Sh7.9bn in regional expansion plan

It has established a skills development centre in Komarock where it is putting up a Sh10.5 billion property that comprises of 1,272 housing units targeting the high income groups.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...4/-/y7jbvs/-/index.html
mlennyma
#1418 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:40:10 PM

instinct wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
instinct wrote:
I see 7.8billion turnover worth of new business and mortgage loans to half of the buyers...

It has established a skills development centre in Komarock where it is putting up a Sh10.5 billion property that comprises of 1,272 housing units targeting the high income groups.

when the bulls return 40bob will be the first break then 60 onwards
Spikes
#1419 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2015 5:52:21 AM

I don't deny your claim but when will the bulls return?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
iris
#1420 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2015 9:10:09 AM

instinct wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
instinct wrote:

High income groups will be buying in Komarock instead of Lavington, Kileleshwa, Karen, etc?