wazua Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

47 Pages«<56789>»
Matatu Business
Prime
#121 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 10:52:59 AM

washiku wrote:
Very educative/inspiring thread just at the right time.

Washiku, please consult further. The 31st december deadline for 14 seater matatus was effected. Mimi ni Mungu (na rankaz13) wananisaidia to get mine registered. But if its a 25 seater mat then its good to go
Rapudox
#122 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:17:52 PM

hi to all,
interesting thread..
I am contemplating on trying the mat biz out. @Prime..Pole about the deadline...does this mean that no more 14 Seaters EVER will be registered as from Dec 2013?
Are there any 25-33 Seaters on the shuttle routes? I only remember seeing the 14 seaters as shuttles
jerry
#123 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:31:03 PM

@Prime. Sisi ni Mungu atasaidia. As I had said my Hi-Ace is "in the high seas".
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
washiku
#124 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:06:17 PM

Prime wrote:
washiku wrote:
Very educative/inspiring thread just at the right time.

Washiku, please consult further. The 31st december deadline for 14 seater matatus was effected. Mimi ni Mungu (na rankaz13) wananisaidia to get mine registered. But if its a 25 seater mat then its good to go

Thanks bro. Am contemplating on a bigger one. And on this point I seek Wazuans advise. For the purpose of town service, which is better, the 33sitter or the 51sitter
Prime
#125 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:01:36 AM

Rapudox wrote:
hi to all,
interesting thread..
I am contemplating on trying the mat biz out. @Prime..Pole about the deadline...does this mean that no more 14 Seaters EVER will be registered as from Dec 2013?
Are there any 25-33 Seaters on the shuttle routes? I only remember seeing the 14 seaters as shuttles

Im not sure, They are still being registered chini ya maji though through the sacco guys. Im not sure for how long though. I think its a grey area.
Rapudox
#126 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 1:32:14 PM

@Prime..thx..I will try and get some info from the ground...anybody with a good tip on a sacco to join for town business?
Prime
#127 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 3:44:56 PM

Prime wrote:
1. Seat fabrication (before negotiation)45k (Ngara)
2. Floor (Before negotiation) 12k
3. Paint work - imani shuttles 30k
4. Insurance - around 8k PER MONTH (Third Party)
5. Psv advance tax 720 X 11 = around 8K
6. Inspection = 6k
7. Change of back windows = 17k (To confirm whether single or both)
8. Speed Governor = 6k
9. Tyres - Apollo 195 R 15 (4 Tyres @ 8500) = 34k
10. TLB - Not sure of amount
11. Turbo timer = 6k
12. Joining fee = 200k. Payable in installments. Additional mat 50 k.

I will confirm the costs once I start.

Havent succeeded in getting the windows... Acute shortage. Anyone who knows where to get them (7L) saidia ndugu
matatuman
#128 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:54:39 PM

Prime wrote:
Prime wrote:
6. Inspection = 6k
8. Speed Governor = 6k
11. Turbo timer = 6k

Havent succeeded in getting the windows... Acute shortage. Anyone who knows where to get them (7L) saidia ndugu

Prime, there is a guy in Ngara lost his contacts though but i think i can direct you. Along park road there is a family bank branch. His shop is behind the family bank (not literally) but that general locality.
jaggernaut
#129 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:16:44 PM

Prime wrote:
Prime wrote:
6. Inspection = 6k
8. Speed Governor = 6k
11. Turbo timer = 6k

Why have you specified Apollo tyres?
Prime
#130 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 2:44:00 PM

matatuman wrote:
Prime wrote:
Prime wrote:
6. Inspection = 6k
8. Speed Governor = 6k
11. Turbo timer = 6k

Prime, there is a guy in Ngara lost his contacts though but i think i can direct you. Along park road there is a family bank branch. His shop is behind the family bank (not literally) but that general locality.

Ngara iko serious shortage. Have camped there. Up and down. there is one turbaned mzee who is trying to sort me out. I will communicate if he succeeds
Prime
#131 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 2:51:04 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Prime wrote:
Prime wrote:
6. Inspection = 6k
8. Speed Governor = 6k
11. Turbo timer = 6k

They come highly recommended, I have noticed majority of mats use them and buses too. I have been advised by several guys including sacco officials that I should remove the ones the car came with. Im not sure of the reason though. Maybe one or two guys can tell me their reasoning behind the chage of tyres

Rankaz13
#132 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:38:24 PM

Prime wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
Prime wrote:
Prime wrote:
6. Inspection = 6k
8. Speed Governor = 6k
11. Turbo timer = 6k

They come highly recommended, I have noticed majority of mats use them and buses too. I have been advised by several guys including sacco officials that I should remove the ones the car came with. Im not sure of the reason though. Maybe one or two guys can tell me their reasoning behind the chage of tyres

They have a tendency to lipuka ovyo ovyo, especially if the car has been stationary for a long time before it got to you. Apollo (made in India) and TruckMax/Maxxis (made in Indonesia) come highly recommended. By the same token, Indian brake pads called Matatu special (locally sold by Car & General) as well as another brand called Asimco come highly recommended.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
washiku
#133 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:05:51 AM

Prime
#134 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 3:10:15 PM

washiku wrote:
@Prime did you finally succeed?

Almost there. I managed to get the windows today. Will be through with the paintwork leo. Im out of cash so I will only change 2 tyres for now. We are yet to be given TLBs. Been told to wait. And pray. They say the cabinet secretary for transport must approve the issuance... So Im just waiting
washiku
#135 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:14:17 PM

Prime wrote:
washiku wrote:

Almost there. I managed to get the windows today. Will be through with the paintwork leo. Im out of cash so I will only change 2 tyres for now. We are yet to be given TLBs. Been told to wait. And pray. They say the cabinet secretary for transport must approve the issuance... So Im just waiting

Sawa. I wish you all the best. Tuombe kabisa.
jerry
#136 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:28:45 PM

washiku wrote:
Prime wrote:
washiku wrote:

That's good progress @Prime. Yottu'll help me get the windows when mine arrives end of this month.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
matatuman
#137 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:02:33 PM

jerry wrote:
washiku wrote:
Prime wrote:
washiku wrote:

That's good progress @Prime. Yottu'll help me get the windows when mine arrives end of this month.

@Prime, any luck with the TLB? Also did you fit the "new" speed governor that they are touting or did you go with the old model? Anyone who knows where i can get the new ones kindly advice.
Prime
#138 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:12:09 PM

matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
washiku wrote:
Prime wrote:
washiku wrote:

@Prime, any luck with the TLB? Also did you fit the "new" speed governor that they are touting or did you go with the old model? Anyone who knows where i can get the new ones kindly advice.

Nope. Still waiting for the TLB. Painful to park the mat and take care of my driver lest he is snatched away (by akina rankaz etc smile )
I fitted it with the old speed governor. I am not sure the new speed governor is in the market yet. Probably feb. Hiyo sikui kama itakuwa na ujanja. I will ask around tho I hear there will only be two suppliers. I think the best time to fit them would probably be around early march or late feb. Si unajua wakenya na last minute rush!!! Na prices ...
Prime
#139 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:19:50 PM

jerry wrote:
washiku wrote:
Prime wrote:
washiku wrote:

Sawa Jerry. You may be lucky to get yours registered. Hebu liaise with your sacco guys. The guy who got me the windows is called jomo on 0725271529. Call him before the car arrives. tell him to reserve for you. Mwambie ni yule kijana wa imani shuttle. Someone had promised me that they would get last week at a much cheaper price. I will enquire for you and revert hapa in the course of the week.
Rankaz13
#140 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:54:21 PM

Prime wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
washiku wrote:
Prime wrote:
washiku wrote:

Nope. Still waiting for the TLB. Painful to park the mat and take care of my driver lest he is snatched away (by akina rankaz etc smile )
I fitted it with the old speed governor. I am not sure the new speed governor is in the market yet. Probably feb. Hiyo sikui kama itakuwa na ujanja. I will ask around tho I hear there will only be two suppliers. I think the best time to fit them would probably be around early march or late feb. Si unajua wakenya na last minute rush!!! Na prices ...

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Umenionea Laughing out loudly Been asking around, I'm told there're only two importers and four resellers of the new governors. So far, no word on availability. Got a pal who's following it up for me.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.