wazua Mon, Jun 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<56789>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
TheGeek
#121 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:25:46 AM

which others ?
In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
wa P
#122 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:28:11 AM

alma1 wrote:
maka wrote:
alotoftalk wrote:
alma1 wrote:
This bank was brought down by chocho media harlots eg Nyakundi.

When will Kenyan companies learn that they need reputation managers online to deal with such rumors. Not the usual PR companies or social media companies. Hardcore reputation managers who can as Impunity said "send sperm" to competitors?

Very sad indeed.

Not only PR but also a blackhat who can hack such bloggers before things get out of hand.

There is a bigger issue in this matter...

Maka call me paranoid but I think this bank was going to survive.

It's not the first time that a board has resigned because of poor results. It's supposed to happen that way.

It's not the first time that loses have been made.

This bank just went topsy turvy when chocho media rumors went on overdrive.

Some of the posts were simply "I have withdrawn my money from the bank"

I don't care which bank you are, if you don't nip such upus quickly, you shall not meet your liquidity ratio in the evening.

Unless you are saying there's a guy who's going to court soon for robing the depositors.

If your business attracts flies, it stinks.

Do not blame the flies (social media). How can you ignorantly refuse to compare:
1. their Q3 results
2. Full 2015 Results
3. The restated position yesterday.
Social media did not make deloitte give them a 'qualified opinion' (although, i will believe that when i see it)
Social media did not make Kabue and Khan guy to resign.

There are couple other banks that will not pass smell test still. I think its not over until a bigger bank (tier 1) has danced.
Forester
#123 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:30:29 AM

Where are all these employees going to be absorbed? KQ - 600 layoffs, Dubai, Imperial, Chase Group, Uchumi...? Life can really stink sometimes.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
alma1
#124 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:31:15 AM

Impunity wrote:
Much Know wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Do these bloggers pay you to post their names here? This story broke on wazua long before, impunity and kularaha gave the main leads FOR FREE, this nyakundi bugger would have run to blackmail chasebank and ask for money to stay silent, you have a habit of "hyping" and giving your ring of "bloggers" undue credit hii ndio kazi yaa seo, to come to wazua to give marks to useless bloggers particularly when you see many people and guests online here, start yapping and marketing fraudsters and blackmailers here? Do you get a cut of this blackmail money? peleka hii upuzi yako kwa bloggers and stay where you find them...wazua has it's own credible sources!!! Please don't mention those crooks here again!!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

@alma must have lost a fortune with this Chase clampdown!
We can only feel sore for him, at the most

lol I lost a fortune there, no doubt.

My analysis has nothing to do with the analysis on wazua. The analysis by our estimed blue section was on point and stayed on relevant economic news.

Not scare mongering.

What happened here on the other hand was a run on the bank.

Please read this headline

Chase Bank Facing Imminent Collapse, Move Your Money Asap!
http://cnyakundi.com/201...e-move-your-money-asap/

It was sent to everyone I know.

There is economic data and every company has bad days. Every company on earth.

However, running on a bank is not an every day occurence. And if you trust the CBK governor as you claim you do, he has clearly explained what happened in the receivership notice.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Impunity
#125 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:32:01 AM

wa P wrote:
alma1 wrote:
maka wrote:
alotoftalk wrote:
alma1 wrote:

When will Kenyan companies learn that they need reputation managers online to deal with such rumors. Not the usual PR companies or social media companies. Hardcore reputation managers who can as Impunity said "send sperm" to competitors?

Very sad indeed.

Not only PR but also a blackhat who can hack such bloggers before things get out of hand.

It's not the first time that a board has resigned because of poor results. It's supposed to happen that way.

I don't care which bank you are, if you don't nip such upus quickly, you shall not meet your liquidity ratio in the evening.

Unless you are saying there's a guy who's going to court soon for robing the depositors.

Do not blame the flies (social media). How can you ignorantly refuse to compare:
1. their Q3 results
2. Full 2015 Results
Social media did not make deloitte give them a 'qualified opinion' (although, i will believe that when i see it)

There are couple other banks that will not pass smell test still. I think its not over until a bigger bank (tier 1) has danced.

And this could be #member!

Sad Sad Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Much Know
#126 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:32:01 AM

Impunity wrote:
Much Know wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Do these bloggers pay you to post their names here? This story broke on wazua long before, impunity and kularaha gave the main leads FOR FREE, this nyakundi bugger would have run to blackmail chasebank and ask for money to stay silent, you have a habit of "hyping" and giving your ring of "bloggers" undue credit hii ndio kazi yaa seo, to come to wazua to give marks to useless bloggers particularly when you see many people and guests online here, start yapping and marketing fraudsters and blackmailers here? Do you get a cut of this blackmail money? peleka hii upuzi yako kwa bloggers and stay where you find them...wazua has it's own credible sources!!! Please don't mention those crooks here again!!!!

@kularaha opened his questions about cooking books by chase over a week ago on this thread, what was he waiting for to run, ama alikua ana blog? Sasa ni makelele na kuwhine? If you can't take such a lead, unafanya nini wazua??
A New Kenya
wal6807
#127 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:34:25 AM

Someone advise if thought clients with money market accounts are protected Through CMA.?
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."
•Socrates (470?-399 BC)
TheGeek
#128 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:37:26 AM

Impunity wrote:
wa P wrote:
alma1 wrote:
maka wrote:
alotoftalk wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Very sad indeed.

1. their Q3 results
2. Full 2015 Results

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Too big to fail.

In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
alotoftalk
#129 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:38:02 AM

A good time to read this to understand if this is systemic and may be the start of what may be dominoes crashing.

http://www.cenbank.org/O...FORWARD_FINAL_260210.PDF
Investment philosophy development in progress...
maka
#130 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:41:06 AM

TheGeek wrote:
Impunity wrote:
wa P wrote:
alma1 wrote:
maka wrote:
alotoftalk wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Very sad indeed.

1. their Q3 results
2. Full 2015 Results

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Too big to fail.

There is nothing like that in this environment....
possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#131 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:41:37 AM

Much Know wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Much Know wrote:
alma1 wrote:

@kularaha opened his questions about cooking books by chase over a week ago on this thread, what was he waiting for to run, ama alikua ana blog? Sasa ni makelele na kuwhine? If you can't take such a lead, unafanya nini wazua??

May be he has his entire retirement savings at Chase.
And he thought Chase Kenya was the same branch or a franchise with JP Morgan Chase of USA!
Sad

maka
#132 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:48:41 AM

wal6807 wrote:
Someone advise if thought clients with money market accounts are protected Through CMA.?

Rephrase this...
possunt quia posse videntur
wa P
#133 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:51:26 AM

Please someone assure my friend that MPESA will not be put under receivership. Huko dio pesa itakaa sasa.
Impunity
#134 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:53:28 AM

maka wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Impunity wrote:
wa P wrote:
alma1 wrote:
maka wrote:
alotoftalk wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Very sad indeed.

1. their Q3 results
2. Full 2015 Results

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Too big to fail.

There is nothing like that in this environment....

America's Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were too "posh to push" untill the 2008 arrived.
Nothing is biiger!

alma1
#135 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:58:36 AM

Impunity wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Much Know wrote:
alma1 wrote:

May be he has his entire retirement savings at Chase.
And he thought Chase Kenya was the same branch or a franchise with JP Morgan Chase of USA!
Sad

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Kweli Wazua I'm glad that you pray for me all the time. Really feeling blessed.

In case people need me to read what I've said thus far,let me read it for you as is the common practise for some.

Kularaha opened this thread 1 week ago. Actually his is not the only post that has talked about Chase and other banks.

The information was around all this time.

Nothing happened to the bank.

In fact, this rumors started with innuendos from some guys in the green section trying to second guess what the CBK governor was going to talk about yesterday.

On being asked a direct question, he said, "those are social media rumors"

Forgive me for trusting my beloved Central Bank Governor more than I trust the hate monger Impunity and the Waiguru cry baby Much Know.

So up until yesterday afternoon, with all the information on wazua plus more information that is not privy to us, the CBK Governor said there was no cause for concern.

But you were all on twitter, you saw what was going on. All of a sudden the story was Chase Bank was going to be closed.

Students of economics shall tell you, if you have a run on a bank, it may not survive unless something drastic is done. Some branches were closing early because people came from everywhere to withdraw their cash.

According the the CBK which I take as a better source of information than Impunity and Much Know, they had to appoint a receiver simply because of the rumors on chocho media.

So get a grip.

Yes, the fake accounting was in the public domain for more than a week. But what brought the bank to its knees was the Chasebank hashtag that even my mother told me about.And yes, they should have handled it better and probably be working today.

Unless of course you are saying that the Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya is a liar. Which may be possible but honestly I believe Much Know to be the biggest liar ever on Wazua. Tafakari hayo.

Now for more matusi's lets meet kule green section.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

wal6807
#136 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:04:27 AM

maka wrote:
wal6807 wrote:

Rephrase this...

What kind of protection is available for those with Gencap money market accounts since these are run under CMA authority?
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."
•Socrates (470?-399 BC)
Impunity
#137 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:11:17 AM

wal6807 wrote:
maka wrote:
wal6807 wrote:

Rephrase this...

What kind of protection is available for those with Gencap money market accounts since these are run under CMA authority?

Quote:
Key Benefits for Investing in the GENCAP Hela Fund

Principal protection: This guarantees security of funds.
No transactional fees: No entry or exit fees. The fund charges a 2% management fee per annum but this does not impact the principal amounts invested by individual clients as the fee is charged on the whole fund.
Compounded interest: Your interest is reinvested monthly.
Liquidity: Given the special liquidity needs, your withdrawal request will be processed and money directly credited to your bank account within three (3) working days.
Professional fund management: Investors benefit from expertise of our seasoned professionals who ensure that the fund is managed to maximize returns at minimum risk to the investor.
Flexibility of investment: You can Top-up at any time and interest is credited to investor’s account quarterly for investors who roll over and on request, credited to investors’ bank account for investors who need a regular cash flow.
Attractive rate of return: Returns on the money market fund are market driven and change from time to time. The effective annual yield is 14.67% and will move with market dynamics. The fund manager endeavors to invest prudently and negotiate competitively to give its customers the most competitive rates possible in the market taking investor’s security of their investment into consideration.
No need for opening a bank account: The funds are invested into our custody account held with Chase Bank Kenya Ltd. The funds should be transferred to the fund’s custody account held with Chase Bank Custodial

Services is as follows:
Account Name: Gencap Hela Fund A/C
Account No: 0052070154001
Bank: Chase Bank Kenya Limited
Bank Code: 30
Branch: Hurlingham

All I can say is pole...

timuka
#138 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:13:50 AM

watesh
#139 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:14:51 AM

Those who were too late to save their money
K22
#140 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:20:14 AM

wa P wrote:
Please someone assure my friend that MPESA will not be put under receivership. Huko dio pesa itakaa sasa.

Mpesa funds are held in trust account(s) in several banks. d'oh!

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man