Martha Karua
alma1
#121 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 11:35:16 AM

Swenani wrote:
Rollins wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Rollins wrote:
Her biggest weaknesses.Ego.
She wants to come out as a perfectionist but her behaviour suggests otherwise. 2 recent incidences stands out for me;
1. Standing side by side with Muthama as he hurled insulted a fellow woman.
2. Her loud silence on Wetas bribery cases.

So for now i am still with 2013 team untell a better alternative shows up.

She is an opportunist just like her male counterparts.

She has a problem with people from a wealthy back ground.Her "Ngumu sana"stand on issues make hers not very appealing and arrogant.She can never change her mind.

Yes I would love a female Prezzo but MK does not fit the bill.I want a Lady like the visiting Liberian prezzo. Warm,respectable,inspiring,trusted and looks dependable.

I guess she is too consumed at selling herself as the iron lady. We did attempt in 2013 to persuade her to go for Governor but she was very adamant. If she proves herself as an able Governor..then we can assess hee presidential ability. For she will just be the poor mans ballot flower 'girl'.

Did UK run for a governor to prove his presidential ability?

The two of you are just trying to justify your vote choice using Martha as a scape goat, you can also for for Kiyapi, steve mbogo or PK

There has to be a reason to vote for Uhuru.

1. raira
2. the other people are not serious
3. the other people cannot win
4. raira

But there is no one who has even the courage to say, I shall vote for Uhuru because he's just been running this country superbly. As in Kenya is just doing fantastically since he became president.

I find that the height of being obtuse.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

kaka2za
#122 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 12:13:44 PM

The reasons people will vote for Kamwana are:
1.Raira
2.Raira
3.Raira
4.Raira

Uhuru can mess as much as he likes he will just blame Raira and his suppoters will swallow that 100%
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Swenani
#123 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:10:45 PM

Iron lady

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Wainadi
#124 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 10:27:38 AM

Swenani wrote:
Iron lady

Laughing out loudly She tweeted all these in a single day, she must be very motivated by that speech.
Its all good.
masukuma
#125 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 11:25:20 AM

Wainadi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Iron lady

Laughing out loudly She tweeted all these in a single day, she must be very motivated by that speech.

Kuna kitu inaitwa Buffer!! you can write all the tweets and schedule them....
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
sitaki.kujulikana
#126 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 10:56:31 AM

BATWOMAN, no wonder her recent association with the principles.
risasi ako na kazi za vijana na ya mumius, wets and mk wako na fegi, pk ako na fkf na re.
Ash Ock
#127 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 11:22:50 AM

British American Tobacco 'bribed' Kenyan politician Martha Karua to stop action against cigarette smuggling

Quote:
One of the UK’s biggest companies made secret political donations to a presidential candidate in Africa in a bid to block a rival firm winning a multimillion-pound contract.

British American Tobacco (BAT) paid £50,000 to Kenyan politician Martha Karua, a former Justice Minister, to prevent a rival company supplying Kenya with technology to combat cigarette smuggling.

In return for the donations, paid in cash via a middle man, BAT obtained key confidential Kenyan Revenue Authority (KRA) documents outlining the £100m five-year contract for new technology designed to stamp out tobacco smuggling. They then had the contract deliberately delayed while they secretly lobbied to get their own system chosen.
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
Njung'e
#128 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 11:44:47 AM

Wooooiiii!!... Pray Pray .The way Swenani has been campaigning.I hope he is not the middlemansmile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Lolest!
#129 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 11:45:53 AM

Ash Ock wrote:
British American Tobacco 'bribed' Kenyan politician Martha Karua to stop action against cigarette smuggling

Quote:
One of the UK’s biggest companies made secret political donations to a presidential candidate in Africa in a bid to block a rival firm winning a multimillion-pound contract.

British American Tobacco (BAT) paid £50,000 to Kenyan politician Martha Karua, a former Justice Minister, to prevent a rival company supplying Kenya with technology to combat cigarette smuggling.

In return for the donations, paid in cash via a middle man, BAT obtained key confidential Kenyan Revenue Authority (KRA) documents outlining the £100m five-year contract for new technology designed to stamp out tobacco smuggling. They then had the contract deliberately delayed while they secretly lobbied to get their own system chosen.

ndossier kali sana kuliko ya Wets. Waiting for Swenani's press conference
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
masukuma
#130 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 1:28:12 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:

Quote:

oh my God!!! Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray kenya kwisa!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
kollabo
#131 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 3:03:14 PM

She admits both her and a member of her campaign team separately met BAT officials.

Mukindia sits on KRA board.
PeterReborn
#132 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 3:22:36 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Yenyewe Kenya ni shamba la wanyama.Nyani ni wale wale!!
Consistency is better than intensity
murchr
#133 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 5:07:19 PM

And like all politicians Swenani has gone under Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quote:
It is understood that the key meeting – at which Mr Hopkins and BAT’s senior regional legal officer, Naushad Ramoly, negotiated the deal with a key aide in Ms Karua’s election team – was filmed.The Independent has seen emails between Mr Hopkins and Ms Mukindia’s campaign email address in which the KRA contract is openly discussed. The aide, Mary Mukindia, is now a member of the governing board of the Kenyan tax authority.

Hapo kujitoa itakuwa ngumu... Could be the main reason a lifestyle audit is being carried out
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kysse
#134 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 10:46:34 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Wooooiiii!!... Pray Pray .The way Swenani has been campaigning.I hope he is not the middlemansmile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

harrydre
#135 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 7:11:12 AM

You can imagine the birrions that flow into kina risasi's kitty if an insignificant karua can attract kina big boys like BAT.
i.am.back!!!!
newfarer
#136 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 7:42:41 AM

kysse wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

He is not ready to hit a fly on his b*lls with a hammer.
I have never supported karua since she fiercely defended an openly rigged elections from 27th December 2007.now she is on her own to roast

All that is done in the dark shall come to light.

How comes not one has ever been able to properly fix Kalonzo?
punda amecheka
FRM2011
#137 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:52:20 AM

harrydre wrote:
You can imagine the birrions that flow into kina risasi's kitty if an insignificant karua can attract kina big boys like BAT.

My thoughts exactly. Karua resigned from kibakis govt in 2009. So she couldn't possibly help BAT in anyway. She was an outsider.

So does that mean Bat were funding her campaign just in case she wins ? And if they gave her £50k, how much were they giving those who stood a realistic chance of winning ?

This one will be too easy for karua to spin. Why would anyone bribe someone who has been in the cold for three years. Why not bribe the sitting justice minister ?
Swenani
#138 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 6:26:00 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:

Quote:

Safi kama pamba

Quote:
I am aware that a businessman whose name I remember as Paul (Hopkins) affiliated with BAT made what I understood to be a personal donation to my presidential campaign. At no time did I ever discuss the award or influence of contracts/tenders whether at KRA or indeed within any other government entity with Paul or anyone else

Quote:
My recollection is that Paul’s donation was about Sh2m. If any person within my campaign team or beyond purported to accept a donation in exchange for influence of government procurement (they were) acting beyond the scope of their authority, without my knowledge and in their individual capacity not for me or my campaign

Quote:
Furthermore, Ms Karua also said Ms M’Mukindia did not tell her she had met with BAT officers. Separately, in a series of Twitter posts, Ms Karua asked her followers to be patient. “Do not celebrate my pain too early I shall be vindicated
murchr
#139 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 9:26:56 PM

Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:

Quote:

Safi kama pamba

Quote:
I am aware that a businessman whose name I remember as Paul (Hopkins) affiliated with BAT made what I understood to be a personal donation to my presidential campaign. At no time did I ever discuss the award or influence of contracts/tenders whether at KRA or indeed within any other government entity with Paul or anyone else

Quote:
My recollection is that Paul’s donation was about Sh2m. If any person within my campaign team or beyond purported to accept a donation in exchange for influence of government procurement (they were) acting beyond the scope of their authority, without my knowledge and in their individual capacity not for me or my campaign

Quote:
Furthermore, Ms Karua also said Ms M’Mukindia did not tell her she had met with BAT officers. Separately, in a series of Twitter posts, Ms Karua asked her followers to be patient. “Do not celebrate my pain too early I shall be vindicated

Hio "donation" ndio bribe.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Swenani
#140 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:16:19 PM

murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:

Quote:

Safi kama pamba

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hio "donation" ndio bribe.

She was not aware that she was being bribed, She thought the Paul was making a personal donation not a corporate donation