Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<56789>»
TV Analogue to Digital Migration
odometer
#121 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 8:15:30 AM

radio wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Citizen TV ,NTV,QTV and KTN offline.These guys behave like they own the viewers.In the meantime i am enjoying other channels with better content .Bamba Knowledge 1,AviationTv ,Press TV rocks.

Let's say you are a mandazi baker. You bake them, then use your bicycles to deliver them to kiosks all over town. One day Kidero's gaarment wakes up and says no more bicycles allowed in Nairobi, henceforth only tuktuks will be allowed. Since you don't have a tuktuk, he brings his friend (who you don't know) and has tuktuks and declares that this friend will now be making deliveries for you. And this friend will add his margin when he delivers to your kiosk clients. You protest and Kidero decrees that you must hand over your mandazis to this man. Kidero finally concedes and philanthropically allows you to use one tuktuk, but to serve all your kiosks you need five tuktuks. BTW, you have enough money to buy the five tuktuks. What would you think of Kidero? Why doesn't he setup his own bakery to bake his own mandazis, deliver them using his friend's tuktuks and allow you enough tuktuks to deliver yours?

Wait a minute...

But the cities met with leaders of bakers across the world and agree delivery via bicycles should be replaced by tuktuks in five years time. Each city went ahead and set their own deadline. They also advertised for tuktuk providers to bid for delivery licenses... you failed to bid and later got a free license but you don't want that... you want sympathy!

How can you be helped...

"And this friend will add his margin when he delivers to your kiosk clients" another lie propagated by the BIG 3.
mkenyan
#122 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 8:34:27 AM

odometer wrote:
radio wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Citizen TV ,NTV,QTV and KTN offline.These guys behave like they own the viewers.In the meantime i am enjoying other channels with better content .Bamba Knowledge 1,AviationTv ,Press TV rocks.

Let's say you are a mandazi baker. You bake them, then use your bicycles to deliver them to kiosks all over town. One day Kidero's gaarment wakes up and says no more bicycles allowed in Nairobi, henceforth only tuktuks will be allowed. Since you don't have a tuktuk, he brings his friend (who you don't know) and has tuktuks and declares that this friend will now be making deliveries for you. And this friend will add his margin when he delivers to your kiosk clients. You protest and Kidero decrees that you must hand over your mandazis to this man. Kidero finally concedes and philanthropically allows you to use one tuktuk, but to serve all your kiosks you need five tuktuks. BTW, you have enough money to buy the five tuktuks. What would you think of Kidero? Why doesn't he setup his own bakery to bake his own mandazis, deliver them using his friend's tuktuks and allow you enough tuktuks to deliver yours?

Wait a minute...

But the cities met with leaders of bakers across the world and agree delivery via bicycles should be replaced by tuktuks in five years time. Each city went ahead and set their own deadline. They also advertised for tuktuk providers to bid for delivery licenses... you failed to bid and later got a free license but you don't want that... you want sympathy!

How can you be helped...

"And this friend will add his margin when he delivers to your kiosk clients" another lie propagated by the BIG 3.

true. surprised with all the information out there even wazuans can be that easily duped. in fact in this case the tuk tuk guy is doing the delivery for free.
Rankaz13
#123 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 10:25:26 AM

mkenyan wrote:
odometer wrote:
radio wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

Wait a minute...

How can you be helped...

true. surprised with all the information out there even wazuans can be that easily duped.. in fact in this case the tuk tuk guy is doing the delivery for free

Sasa hapa naona wewe ndiye unatuchangamkia. Liar Liar
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
limanika
#124 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 10:34:30 AM

From my reading of the script, it appears the 3 media houses think that they will force us to buy their own set top boxes in addition to the ones we already have. In other words they want to make money at our expense. Why can't they wake up to realisation that virtually all Kenyans by now have the boxes, and no one is ready to buy a second one - they are not very appealing in any case.
mkenyan
#125 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 10:38:06 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
odometer wrote:
radio wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

Wait a minute...

How can you be helped...

true. surprised with all the information out there even wazuans can be that easily duped.. in fact in this case the tuk tuk guy is doing the delivery for free

how now? the must carry means that the signal distributors must carry the local free to air signals and distribute them without charge.
Gordon Gekko
#126 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 11:28:26 AM

If the must carry means that the signal distributors must carry the local free to air signals the please draw for me the business model for BSD as I'm sure they aren't charities and have bills to pay. Does it also mean that they're obligated to carry ALL FTA?
nakujua
#127 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 12:13:58 PM

mkenyan wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
odometer wrote:
radio wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

Wait a minute...

How can you be helped...

how now? the must carry means that the signal distributors must carry the local free to air signals and distribute them without charge.

true the free to air distributors can not charge, if they want to charge they will need a separate licence for that.
sixthestate
#128 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 12:17:25 PM

my take is that why is cak or the 3 media not promoting uptake of digital tvs?those with inbuilt tuners,they should be zero rated or something Tanzania gave out the boxes for free, the 3 media houses want a piece of the set box purchases.if china sets its deadline to 2018 why is Kenya in a rush?
nakujua
#129 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 12:19:38 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
If the must carry means that the signal distributors must carry the local free to air signals the please draw for me the business model for BSD as I'm sure they aren't charities and have bills to pay. Does it also mean that they're obligated to carry ALL FTA?

Yes they are obligated to carry all fta.
Its up to them to come up with innovative ways to make money, that's why some have two options a pay tv box and a free to air box - and even some of the ones that are completely free for now, have added a ka smart card on their boxes for scaling options in the future.
nakujua
#130 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 12:26:48 PM

sixthestate wrote:
my take is that why is cak or the 3 media not promoting uptake of digital tvs?those with inbuilt tuners,they should be zero rated or something Tanzania gave out the boxes for free, the 3 media houses want a piece of the set box purchases.if china sets its deadline to 2018 why is Kenya in a rush?

I think the deadlines were set for the whole WORLD to migrate to the digital platform, and also to avail the same resources to the upcoming faster mobile network.

I don't think kenya is in a rush, we are just trying to keep to the deadlines.
Alfylavie
#131 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 12:29:01 PM

Sasa ni nani alizima, nani alizimwa na nani akajizima.. hapo kuna maneno
https://www.youtube.com/...MEY&feature=youtu.be
Making money never gets boring
alma
#132 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 12:36:12 PM

If they think that switching to Digital is going to be tough for their business, wait until the internet trully arrives.

So tiring seeing "journalists" pushing crappy products like Mapasho, Nairobi News etc. Wangoje tu.

We have seen this movie before.

Content belongs to all not just these so called Big 3. Mambo ya monopoly of information just has to end.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
Alfylavie
#133 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 1:45:49 PM

Love me or Hate me I dont care but
I think the real issue behind the big switch-off is for the government to divert attention from the real issue at hand, that is the 'the chicken scandal" case involving the IEBC and KNEC. This is a case that Kenyans would have had a big interest on given that IEBC has been a big topic to the point that it is one of the agendas in the referendum bills. The government fears losing public support in this case since they fully depend on the IEBC for their 2017 agenda as it is. So watch this space. After the switch of saga which will last only two weeks, enough time for the government to re-arrange the prosecution files against the IEBC officials, it will be business as usual as kenyans will be busy "praising" the government for giving them back their favourite programs. Welcome to Kenya where the so called opposition is not even aware of this and are busy behaving just like the ordinary kenyan citizen.
odometer
#134 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 2:01:42 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
I think the real issue behind the big switch-off is for the government to divert attention from the real issue at hand, that is the 'the chicken scandal" case involving the IEBC and KNEC. This is a case that Kenyans would have had a big interest on given that IEBC has been a big topic to the point that it is one of the agendas in the referendum bills. The government fears losing public support in this case since they fully depend on the IEBC for their 2017 agenda as it is. So watch this space. After the switch of saga which will last only two weeks, enough time for the government to re-arrange the prosecution files against the IEBC officials, it will be business as usual as kenyans will be busy "praising" the government for giving them back their favourite programs. Welcome to Kenya where the so called opposition is not even aware of this and are busy behaving just like the ordinary kenyan citizen.

they do say information is power ....Read

http://www.digitaltvafrica.com/?p=248
Uhondo
#135 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 2:23:30 PM

Alfylavie wrote:

Honestly I think you have called a spade what it is. And not only are they trying to black out the 'Chicken' scandal, they are also blacking out all of the other negative news that has been making rounds in the last couple of weeks. This is politics.
Jus Blazin
#136 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 2:38:42 PM

Alfylavie wrote:

Are you for real? As in are you actually for real? Do you know when the digital migration issues began? Well before we knew about chickengate? Do you know when digital migration awareness began? Do you even know what you are saying? Am I actually even responding to you?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Jus Blazin
#137 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 2:40:19 PM

Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Honestly I think you have called a spade what it is. And not only are they trying to black out the 'Chicken' scandal, they are also blacking out all of the other negative news that has been making rounds in the last couple of weeks. This is politics.

Kwani wamezima gazeti pia?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
kaka2za
#138 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 3:01:23 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
nakujua
#139 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 3:50:51 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

Laughing out loudly media ni analogue tv.
Alfylavie
#140 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 4:37:34 PM

nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

Laughing out loudly media ni analogue tv.

Those celebrating the birth of hyena should get ready to bitten by it someday KBC owned by the Govmnt and Uhuru's K24 will never run a jicho pevu show.. never... Its all about the media freedom and that's when the war began no digital thing