wazua Sat, Jul 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<56789>»
Facebook IPO
hisah
#121 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:44:43 AM

Like I said, FB will be good drama... Massachusetts subpoenas Morgan Stanley for FB selective analysis.
We all know now that some mboys (smart money) were advised rightly about FB prospects while the small money was sold a shitty deal. Btw not shocked at all.

http://www.reuters.com/a...k-idUSL1E8GMH9N20120522

And CNBC creates an even better headline - How FB stock selloff almost turned into a run...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47520037

Closed at $31 - down 8.9% for the day. Down 18.4% post IPO price on day 3 and 36.8% from the $45 spike on day of listing.

Britank IPO holders offer their earnest heartfelt condolenses to their US comrades in this murky status.

Yep, guys got Zucked big time...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#122 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:09:49 AM

Poor PPT job from Morgan Stanley...

http://www.zerohedge.com...morgan-stanley-just-gave
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#123 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:45:23 PM

And the drama continues as the FB shareholder lawsuits keep coming. Goldman shitty deals indeed...

http://inquisitr.com/241...erg-and-banks-over-ipo/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLx2Xc1EXLg
QW25091985
#124 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:06:32 PM

very very sad ! the investment bankers are just greedy !
hisah
#125 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:43:54 AM

QW25091985 wrote:
very very sad ! the investment bankers are just greedy !

Slowly the facebook ipo hype buyers realize why they're called muppets by Goldman Sachs and its sisters; JPM & Morgan Stanley. But I have this feeling that this time the muppets that got the shitty deal are going to have it their way in court smile
I'll call it the revenge of the muppets on shitty banksters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtEgqefeSWQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFw27Sx_4QM

mkeiyd
#126 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:04:58 AM

This is turning out to be hilarious. But as i said, some money was to be made before a tears' flood.
Let them tears flow because the writing was on the wall all along,but some people chose to believe and buy the hype.
@ Nabwire, what's the latest?
hisah
#127 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:28:34 AM

harrydre wrote:
2012 wrote:
So how can someone get a piece of this from here (Kenya)?

This will be another Safaricom share. Just watch first no rush.

Kudos @harrydre - stated on Feb 2 2012.
hisah
#128 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:30:22 AM

GenghisCapitalLtd wrote:
QW25091985 wrote:
2012 wrote:
So how can someone get a piece of this from here (Kenya)?

with the share costing 4k how many do you think you can buy !

Enyewe the secondary trading of Facebook shares was at $35.50 (USDKES is at 81.4 at the moment). The fact that it's one of the hottest IPOs ever will limit your the number of shares that a retail investor like yourself will be allocated. Huge institutional investors have expressed their desires to participate heavily in this IPO.
Another avenue could be investing in funds that already have Facebook shares - like T. Rowe Price Media & Telecommunications Fund (PRMTX) invested $12Mn in 507,349 facebook shares in 2011 around $25 per share. They have already made gains with the shares at $35.50 when secondary trading was frozen a week ago.
Our sister company, Winton Investments Services Limited who deal in offshore investments are looking into ways of making these shares available to interested Kenyan investors. Please send your queries to info@winton-investments.com for further clarification on this matter.

No wonder the silence @genghis. I hope you didn't get any wanjikus into this overhyped IPO.
youcan'tstopusnow
#129 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:05:26 PM

hisah, The Muppet ShowLaughing out loudly
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Kausha
#130 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:15:58 PM

The f*** up was from SEC and FB not Morgan Stanley. Scott - the analyst was right in revising his buy recommendation so late in the day. Face book are the conmen here, they filled a revised info memorandum a few days to trading day and thick in the middle of road shows. This info mem had revised revenue forecasts for this and next year. Morgan was simply taking care of their clients which is the right thing to do. SEC should take care of wananchi first and rest of investors thereafter. What should have happened is SEC should have delayed commencement of trading by a few weeks to allow the market digest the information and buy orders to be amended. They kept mum and are now acting like politicians!
hisah
#131 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:05:06 PM

Kausha wrote:
The f*** up was from SEC and FB not Morgan Stanley. Scott - the analyst was right in revising his buy recommendation so late in the day. Face book are the conmen here, they filled a revised info memorandum a few days to trading day and thick in the middle of road shows. This info mem had revised revenue forecasts for this and next year. Morgan was simply taking care of their clients which is the right thing to do. SEC should take care of wananchi first and rest of investors thereafter. What should have happened is SEC should have delayed commencement of trading by a few weeks to allow the market digest the information and buy orders to be amended. They kept mum and are now acting like politicians!

Somehow FB set the stock price out of the blues. Really???
Yes, SEC is also to blame as well.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#132 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:00:27 PM

hisah wrote:

smile
@SufficientlyP
kyt
#133 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:45:10 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
hisah wrote:

smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Drunkard
#134 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:07:58 PM

Kausha wrote:

First I want to thank Facebook, I have close all my short positions, God Bless facebook!

Secondly. legally no one was at fault here, your loss is my gain and the economy as a whole is better off after the IPO, now it is time to scan the market for the next target, obviously the implication of facebook IPO goes beyond the IPO itself we now know that facebook might not meet the revenue target for ever, Facebook management knows this very well, the question I will try to answer in the coming days is what strategies are facebook going to employ to fill the gap in revenue? And how can I position myself and my employer in order to also benefit from these strategies. It is no secret that facebook will make a number of key acquisitions to fill the gap in revenue, the real deal now is which company will be acquired by facebook? if I can answer that question then I will always be asking God to bless facebook. God bless Facebook!

SHORT at $42, deliver at $32.60.
hisah
#135 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 8:05:07 PM

Headlines... So much for the hype.

http://www.businessweek....po-flop-is-decades-worst
Phaoro
#136 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 8:54:33 PM

Facebook’s stock should trade for $13.80

Source:
http://www.marketwatch.c...5?link=MW_story_popular

Rather than endlessly rehashing the events that have taken place over the past week, it is this question that investors should be asking. Surprisingly, however, few are doing so.

And yet, courtesy of a just-released study, calculating a fair price for Facebook’s stock isn’t as difficult as it might otherwise seem.

The study is entitled “Post-IPO Employment and Revenue Growth for U.S. IPOs, June 1996–2010.” Its authors are Jay Ritter, a finance professor at the University of Florida, and two researchers at the University of California, Davis: Martin Kenney, a professor in the Department of Human and Community Development, and Donald Patton, a research associate in that same department.

The researchers found that the revenue of the average company going public in the period analyzed in the study grew by 212% over the five years after its IPO (excluding spinoffs and buyouts). Assuming Facebook’s revenue grows just as fast, and given that the company’s latest-year revenue was $3.71 billion, its annual revenue in five years’ time will be $11.58 billion.

After the fumbled IPO for Facebook, the NYSE is renewing efforts to lure more stock listings away from its rival, Nasdaq.

Since Facebook FB is most often compared to Google GOOG, let’s assume that its price-to-sales ratio in five years will be just as high as Google’s is currently: 5.51-to-1. You could argue that this is an overly generous assumption, of course. But it nevertheless means Facebook’s market cap in five years will be just $63.8 billion — 30% less than where it stands today.

Assuming that the total number of its shares stays constant, that works out to a price per share of just $23.26 — in contrast to its recent closing price of $33.03.

Ouch.

Actually, however, the news is even worse: No one is going to invest in Facebook shares today if its price will be 30% lower in five years. So, in order to entice someone to invest in it today, Facebook needs to offer a handsome return. Assuming that its five-year return is equal to the stock market’s long-term average return of 11% annualized, Facebook shares currently would need to be trading at just $13.80.

Double ouch.

Don’t like that answer? Try focusing on earnings rather than sales, and you get only a marginally different result. Assuming its profit margin stays constant (instead of falling as it could very well do as it grows), assuming its P/E ratio in five years will be just as high as Google’s is today, and assuming that its stock will produce a five-year return of 11% annualized, Facebook’s stock today should be just $16.66.

How can Facebook investors wriggle out from underneath the awful picture these calculations paint? By assuming that its revenue and profitability will grow faster than the average IPO between 1996 and 2010 — and not just by a little bit, either, but a whole lot faster.

Of course, it’s always possible that Facebook will be able to pull that off.

But, as Professor Ritter pointed out to me earlier this week, “the bigger a company gets, the harder it is to maintain percentage growth.” And Facebook is already huge — larger, in fact, than all but 47 other publicly traded companies in the U.S., by market capitalization.

So my back-of-the-envelope calculations for this column could very well be too optimistic rather than too pessimistic.

Given all this, Ritter said that a market cap “of $63 billion ... five years from now seems like a very reasonable scenario.”

Gatheuzi
#137 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:24:19 PM

@ Phaoro, seems you are too generous these guys put the value at $7.5.

Facebook Stock is Worth $7.50 a Share at Best

"The company is only worth about $7.50 a share. And, no. That's not a typo. There is no missing zero or a placeholder" The current market cap is $86.84 billion and its price to sales is ridiculously high at 21.01".

http://moneymorning.com/...h-7-50-a-share-at-best/

Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
hisah
#138 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 5:43:38 AM

Many guys ignored the fact that FB IPO price of $38 meant its historical P/E read 100??! At the current price of $33 the P/E is still 85!? With apple's historical P/E at 13.6 and Google' s at 18.2, why the heck would investors rush for such an overhyped IPO??!

http://boston.com/busine..._facebook_apple_google/

And back on the IPO day, this is what Bill Gross had to say about CNBC FB hyped calls...

http://certifiedassets.c...lls-his-guts-about-gold/
itz
#139 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 7:03:00 AM

everyone is on the other side of FB trade..bearish.options start trading Tuesday and many will be shorting with both hands.I agree facebook is way overpriced but i think the big money will try turn this thing around at about 28-30 for a short squeeze rally back to 40.I traded it last week between 31-33 but will buy n hold this week for the squeeze.
itz
#140 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 7:06:31 AM

Drunkard wrote:
Kausha wrote:

First I want to thank Facebook, I have close all my short positions, God Bless facebook!

Secondly. legally no one was at fault here, your loss is my gain and the economy as a whole is better off after the IPO, now it is time to scan the market for the next target, obviously the implication of facebook IPO goes beyond the IPO itself we now know that facebook might not meet the revenue target for ever, Facebook management knows this very well, the question I will try to answer in the coming days is what strategies are facebook going to employ to fill the gap in revenue? And how can I position myself and my employer in order to also benefit from these strategies. It is no secret that facebook will make a number of key acquisitions to fill the gap in revenue, the real deal now is which company will be acquired by facebook? if I can answer that question then I will always be asking God to bless facebook. God bless Facebook!

SHORT at $42, deliver at $32.60.

@drunkard.i wonder where u got shares to short on the first day of trading, am curious to hear