maru101
#1341 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:12:18 AM

777s maybe but pilots....no, in fact there are more in training
Still learning...
Jitahidi
#1342 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:51:41 AM

maru101 wrote:

Why train more pilots when you are getting rid of the fleet?
maka
#1343 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 11:36:18 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I heard that KQ is cutting back on some 777s and pilots ... any truth to this?

There is somewhere on this thread I talked about this...yes it's true.
possunt quia posse videntur
Kastone
#1344 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 11:41:41 AM

Jitahidi wrote:
maru101 wrote:

Why train more pilots when you are getting rid of the fleet?

They're replacing old fleets with the new one's thus the need as they need more captains.
“The beauty of success is that it doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” - Mark Cuban
Kastone
#1345 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 11:46:23 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Rumor was there and dismissed but you can't rule it out either.
“The beauty of success is that it doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” - Mark Cuban
maka
#1346 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:06:05 PM

Kastone wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

It's not a rumour it's totally true there is even an impending go slow from the pilots as 11 have been told they will be retired 2 years early...as for the planes they are being leased out.
Gordon Gekko
#1347 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:52:36 PM

maka wrote:
Kastone wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

It's not a rumour it's totally true there is even an impending go slow from the pilots as 11 have been told they will be retired 2 years early...as for the planes they are being leased out.

There are no routes in the forseable future to sustain the -300 which had been ordered. There may be space for the existing -200, but its crew is quite expensive to maintain. Take a 777 which does nbo-dubai-hongkong. You need a set of crew to take it to Dubai, a second set to take it to Hong Kong, another set to return it to Dubai and the set in Dubai to bring it back to nbo. You also need a fourth set as relief. That's four sets to run a single plane. At its basic level you need four sets, but with clever crew management one can get away with three. A 777 captain takes home1.5 metres before allowances. Because of type approval issues, 777 crew can't be deployed say to 787 or 737 or even embraers (haha)
obiero
#1348 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 11:21:02 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
maka wrote:
Kastone wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

There are no routes in the forseable future to sustain the -300 which had been ordered. There may be space for the existing -200, but its crew is quite expensive to maintain. Take a 777 which does nbo-dubai-hongkong. You need a set of crew to take it to Dubai, a second set to take it to Hong Kong, another set to return it to Dubai and the set in Dubai to bring it back to nbo. You also need a fourth set as relief. That's four sets to run a single plane. At its basic level you need four sets, but with clever crew management one can get away with three. A 777 captain takes home1.5 metres before allowances. Because of type approval issues, 777 crew can't be deployed say to 787 or 737 or even embraers (haha)

Please remove the haha at the end. It seems intent to injure my spirits.. :) www.businessdailyafrica....20/-/mfcti7/-/index.html

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
maka
#1349 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 7:09:36 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
maka wrote:
Kastone wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

On route matters,Tanzanian Civil Aviation has written to its Kenyan counterpart asking them to tell KQ to halve (Sp) their flights to Tz.
VituVingiSana
#1350 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 9:08:27 AM

maka wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
maka wrote:
Kastone wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

On route matters,Tanzanian Civil Aviation has written to its Kenyan counterpart asking them to tell KQ to halve (Sp) their flights to Tz.

Why? And KCAA should ignore the TCAA. After all, let KQ make a private/economic decision. Of course, this is Tanzania we are talking about. They are all about the double-speak. They were against the Northern Corridor (Coalition of the Willing) but now they attend the meetings though I remain suspicious. I think they plan to sabotage the Northern Corridor.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Impunity
#1351 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 10:14:38 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
maka wrote:
Kastone wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I cant see the nbo-dubai-hongkong route in KQ site.Or you may be talikng of another airline?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

the deal
#1352 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 12:13:41 PM

What happened to KQ releasing quarterly operations updates?
maka
#1353 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 1:01:12 PM

the deal wrote:

There is nothing to report here...
Aguytrying
#1354 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 1:33:08 PM

the deal wrote:

Manze you've disappeared, don't get lost like than bwana!
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Gordon Gekko
#1355 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 5:15:27 PM

maka wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
maka wrote:
Kastone wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Is it halving number of flights or number of seats? If flights, KQ should just replace embaer with 787, if flights......
Gordon Gekko
#1356 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 5:17:42 PM

Impunity wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
maka wrote:
Kastone wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I cant see the nbo-dubai-hongkong route in KQ site.Or you may be talikng of another airline?

I used it in 2012 when going to shaina...maybe they've scrapped the route.
Pesa Nane
#1357 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 5:57:28 PM

the deal wrote:

Who enjoys repeated bashing?? smile
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
guru267
#1358 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 7:34:04 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
the deal wrote:

He who proudly sold the Mighty Simba to buy this monkey! Sad
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Gatheuzi
#1359 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 8:15:49 PM

guru267 wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
the deal wrote:

I still see 18K in his signature so I presume he is seated on Simba money.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
obiero
#1360 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 9:30:05 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
the deal wrote:

I still see 18K in his signature so I presume he is seated on Simba money.

@guru hii pesa si ya m... :) The road to financial freedom is made up of many paths. Si lazima nifuate njia yako kufika ninapotaka kuenda

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45