Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

120 Pages«<6465666768>»
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough
hisah
#1301 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:46:44 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
A flat or profit decline in H1 should take us to 25 and below

If its a proper bear. not mtoto wa bear. ill start getting interested 13-20. I know that sounds extreme, but note. The mother bear.

If 25 level support breaks down there is an air pocket below until next support at 15 level. It's a possible target if bears gain strength.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
MaichBlack
#1302 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:31:24 PM

It is very important that we are sharing. Most of us get very valuable information from fellow Wazuans.

But to the uninitiated, be very careful as you read what everyone of us (me included) has to say!

Once in a while, information in wazua will make you miss the mother of all buses or throw you under one hell of a bus.

I cite two examples:

1) Safaricom
Most Wazuans had written off this green monster. Even when it was trading at Kshs. 2.xy, 90% were preparing for it's funeral! Very few were buying or even suggesting one should buy! Actually the story was that the days of Safaricom have come to an end! We all know where Safaricom is at! A majority of Wazuans and those who listened to them missed the bus. That is why Safaricom can make record profits and 6 hours after the thread stating this is started, the thread still has below 10 posts!!!

2) Obiero Airways (Sorry, Kenya Airways)
Two or three people noticed where KQ was headed even when it was trading at Kshs. 50/=. They stated the facts and advised wazuans to alight!! I tell you they were in problems!! 95% of wazuans were of a contrary opinion. The two, three guys didn't relent. They continued singing the song all the way to 20's level. Most never listened. "Recovery is coming soon..." We all know at what level KQ is trading at today.

Moral of the Story: Chunga sana!! Even when an opinion is extremely popular in Wazua!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
heri
#1303 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:57:46 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
It is very important that we are sharing. Most of us get very valuable information from fellow Wazuans.

But to the uninitiated, be very careful as you read what everyone of us (me included) has to say!

Once in a while, information in wazua will make you miss the mother of all buses or throw you under one hell of a bus.

I cite two examples:

1) Safaricom
Most Wazuans had written off this green monster. Even when it was trading at Kshs. 2.xy, 90% were preparing for it's funeral! Very few were buying or even suggesting one should buy! Actually the story was that the days of Safaricom has come to an end! We all know where Safaricom is at! A majority of Wazuans and those who listened to them missed the bus. That is why Safaricom can make record profits and 6 hours after the thread stating this is started, the thread still has below 10 posts!!!

Two or three people noticed where KQ was headed even when it was trading at Kshs. 50/=. They stated the facts and advised wazuans to alight!! I tell you they were in problems!! 95% of wazuans were of a contrary opinion. The two, three guys didn't relent. They continued singing the song all the way to 20's level. Most never listened. "Recovery is coming soon..." We all know at what level KQ is trading at today.

Moral of the Story: Chunga sana!! Even when an opinion is extremely popular in Wazua!

Applause Applause there should be a like button
VituVingiSana
#1304 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:21:03 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

I cite two examples:

1) Safaricom
Most Wazuans had written off this green monster. Even when it was trading at Kshs. 2.xy, 90% were preparing for it's funeral! Very few were buying or even suggesting one should buy! Actually the story was that the days of Safaricom have come to an end! We all know where Safaricom is at! A majority of Wazuans and those who listened to them missed the bus. That is why Safaricom can make record profits and 6 hours after the thread stating this is started, the thread still has below 10 posts!!!

@VVS is GUILTY as charged on BOTH counts!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#1305 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:59:30 PM

@maichblack. Very true. at the end of the day everyone has to make the decision with their own money and face the outcomes.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mlennyma
#1306 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:02:54 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
@maichblack. Very true. at the end of the day everyone has to make the decision with their own money and face the outcomes.

Now can we eat Unga?I was forced by noise here to bite ugali.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
MaichBlack
#1307 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:09:16 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Hapo umenipoteza @ mlennyma. Tafsiri tafadhali.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
mlennyma
#1308 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:12:33 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

it was not my decision to buy Unga group shares at 42 but was driven by noise here.
instinct
#1309 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:19:18 PM

if it goes further down even by 1sh I turn into a buyer again
VituVingiSana
#1310 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 1:00:29 AM

mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

it was not my decision to buy Unga group shares at 42 but was driven by noise here.
Aren't you ahead of the game at 49? http://wazua.co.ke/investor/livefeedfull.aspx
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#1311 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:42:05 AM

@mlennyma. ha ha. the noise got to u. ask the originators of the noise. sometimes ppl don't say when they sell a stock. must have been a powerful voice to move you. ha ha.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
kiwaru
#1312 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:51:01 AM

mlennyma wrote:
At 45bob 100 shares before rights was worth 4,500,after rights the 100 shares increased to 150 divide by 4500 total 30bob,conclusion hfck sold this shares at no discount.

@lennyma, not quite Shame on you Shame on you
The 50 shares cost Kshs 1500 so total outlay is Kshs 6000 div by 150 coming to Kshs 40. Iko kulilia kwa choo hapa
instinct
#1313 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:59:49 AM

the lion has awakened
The optimist
#1314 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:06:52 PM

Now in the 28/- zone.How much further down should we expect.
mlennyma
#1315 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:18:30 PM

The optimist wrote:

tomorrow will forever be a secret.
Aguytrying
#1316 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:44:21 PM

The optimist wrote:

Im hoping for 15-20
Aguytrying
#1317 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:56:13 PM

Dear investors, In light of the scandals at Britam over the last one year, Is HFCK still safe as an investment. IF the father is dirty, can the child be clean?

Im undecided on the cleanliness of HFCK, especially given that britam has +40% shareholding now. But another part of me tells me there should be no problem
instinct
#1318 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 8:29:25 PM

HF existed long before Britam bought it... a quick check of its annual report should rest your fears. a solid business poised for growth. most undervalued company at the moment..
obiero
#1319 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:38:40 PM

obiero wrote:
young wrote:
Thanks to you @Obiero.
You made me to join this bus. After watching it rise rom 14 to 24, I finally joined in at 24.75.

No regrets at all.
Thanks once again to @Obiero , thanks to you @Wazua.

@young karibu tena. funny how africans behave. i buy at 14 and sell at 25, they mock me!

Only 3 shillings above my selling price of KES 25.. Seems the only guys who made real money are those that bought low and sold pre-rights at KES 44

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
whiteowl
#1320 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 10:19:11 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Dear investors, In light of the scandals at Britam over the last one year, Is HFCK still safe as an investment. IF the father is dirty, can the child be clean?

Im undecided on the cleanliness of HFCK, especially given that britam has +40% shareholding now. But another part of me tells me there should be no problem

The child can be clean but get punished for the father's mistakes.