wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<45678>»
Live ICC Ocampo Six suspects of Kenya Post Election Violence
Abunuasi
#101 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:43:37 PM

Smell of justice at last.
Only feeling there are still some personalities who played a key role but have not been mentioned.
Justice will however out run them like a bush fire
TAZ
#102 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:45:47 PM

I think we all agree that the people named by Ocampo somehow deserve to be on that list but i still can't shake off this weird feeling as if we are being played here. I believe Masukuma is not referring to the thieves, Looters, rapists etc but rather the other politicians/businessmen who we know played a big role in PEV
smano
#103 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:45:55 PM

mkonomtupu wrote:
ALL SUSPECTS are on probation.
To save RUTO, text 1 to : 2012
To save UHURU, text 2 to: 2012
To save MUTHAURA, text 3 to: 2002
To save JOSHUA, text 4 to: 2012
...To save HENRY, text 5 to: 2012
To save ALI, text 6 to: 999

Hague project fame will be right back after this commercial break

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

What a comic tragedy!
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
kadonye
#104 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:46:16 PM

Elder wrote:
kadonye wrote:
The police may have killed some few innocent people but majority of those killed were thugs,arsonists,rapists and murderers

Try robbing a shop today we see who will speak on your behalf...

You are so casual in the way you address the death of people.Innocent or otherwise. And for your information, even 'thugs, arsonist, rapists and murderers' as you so call them deserve justice. Ever heard about innocent until proven guilty? Ever heard of due process? Get it into your head that it is never for the police or some random internet poster to decide on who is a thug, arsonist etc and what their sentence should be. Which to you is death. ABK!

Shame on you 5 police officers stopping 200 thugs from raping and killing.First warning...Second warning...

I wonder how differently I would react if I was in these policemen's shoes...

Let's not forget that policemen were cornered and killed and most had to do it IN SELF DEFENCE

The mobs were intoxicated with the anarchy spirit then.Stopping them was an uphill task

What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
nostoppingthis
#105 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:46:48 PM

Is calling for mass action a crime against humanity?
smano
#106 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:47:49 PM

TAZ wrote:
I think we all agree that the people named by Ocampo somehow deserve to be on that list but i still can't shake off this weird feeling as if we are being played here. I believe Masukuma is not referring to the thieves, Looters, rapists etc but rather the other politicians/businessmen who we know played a big role in PEV

Just read the waki list man....someone has already posted the link up there...the whole list is there, plus what they did, their nick names, blah blah...we ALL know most of them.
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
kadonye
#107 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:49:13 PM

@ rasilio, post 87 for you

kadonye wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:
This is a new Kenya. Noe see how the political class will be silenced... Structurally. I am surprised by some names, ( lack of and inclusion) but hey, it is a good place to start.
Sasa when was PLO releasing his list?

I concur

What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
bwenyenye
#108 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:49:42 PM

@Nostop..

I think the real question is ' what is mass action understood to mean in Kenya?
I Think Therefore I Am
nostoppingthis
#109 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:53:46 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
@Nostop..

So what you are saying if justice is to be served, we have Kenyan standards?
muganda
#110 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:53:47 PM

Moreno-Ocampo says:
Ruto, Kosgey, Sang began planning a year before the election to attack supporters of the governing party. After Mr. Kibaki was declared the winner, network they cultivated burned homes, killed civilians who had supported Mr. Kibaki and systematically drove people off their land.

Ali's police were sent to opposition strongholds “where they used excessive force against civilian protesters”
Kenyatta and Muthaura deputized one of Kenya’s most brutal street gangs, the Mungiki, to “organize retaliatory attacks against civilian” opposition supporters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2...anted=2&_r=1&hp
Ray
#111 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:55:20 PM

Finally, Ocampo has managed to send Muthaura packing. Applause Applause Applause Applause
YesuWangu
#112 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:57:42 PM

kadonye wrote:
Elder wrote:
kadonye wrote:
The police may have killed some few innocent people but majority of those killed were thugs,arsonists,rapists and murderers

You are so casual in the way you address the death of people.Innocent or otherwise. And for your information, even 'thugs, arsonist, rapists and murderers' as you so call them deserve justice. Ever heard about innocent until proven guilty? Ever heard of due process? Get it into your head that it is never for the police or some random internet poster to decide on who is a thug, arsonist etc and what their sentence should be. Which to you is death. ABK!

Shame on you 5 police officers stopping 200 thugs from raping and killing.First warning...Second warning...

Let's not forget that policemen were cornered and killed and most had to do it IN SELF DEFENCE

The mobs were intoxicated with the anarchy spirit then.Stopping them was an uphill task

Ok, we have an apologist for extra judicial killings....
Elder
#113 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:59:21 PM

kadonye wrote:
Elder wrote:
kadonye wrote:

If that is how it panned out I would totally agree with you. However that was never the case. And I hope you are not saying that the scenarios you claim above is what led to the police killing Kenyans during the PEV. Coz if you are coming here to say that the police only killed in self defence or because they had no option then but to shoot to kill then in my eyes you are beyond help.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
muganda
#114 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:04:18 PM

Kibaki reacts to Ocampo list of Kenyans:
I wish to state that the people who have been mentioned have not yet been fully investigated as the pre-trial process in The Hague has only but began. They therefore cannot be judged as guilty until the charges are confirmed by the court.

Calls for action to be taken against them are therefore prejudicial, preemptive and against the rules of natural justice.

http://www.capitalfm.co....t-of-Kenyans-10877.html

kadonye
#115 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:04:25 PM

YesuWangu wrote:

Ok, we have an apologist for extra judicial killings....

@YW, don't join that bandwagon bro!

Try to understand this, the police were overwhelmed!Should they have watched helplessly like ordinary wananchi?

I'm not talking about demonstrators.I'm talking about the criminals
Sober
#116 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:05:04 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:
@Nostop..

So what you are saying if justice is to be served, we have Kenyan standards?

looting and harrasing the opposite camp.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
callaspade
#117 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:06:55 PM

......excessive force should have used by the police to stop the senseless killings ,rapes and violence.
...thats why they are employed !!!!
Wendz
#118 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:07:03 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
callaspade wrote:
...we are looking at naivasha and rift valley.
....what about kondole and likoni?
..to me masukumas point is valid

If you notice, MO has targeted guys he suspects of crimes against humanity....not looting etc. I'm still trying to understand @maskuma'z point? Were there financing, organizing of crimes against humanity in these locations?

I think in those areas, the violence was sporadic not necessarily pre-meditated... Those listed are those who pre-meditated and assisted in the execution of the violence.
Elder
#119 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:09:21 PM

callaspade wrote:
......excessive force should have used by the police to stop the senseless killings ,rapes and violence.
...thats why they are employed !!!!

You sure you know what excessive means? If so then according to you policemen are employed to use excessive force?
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
masukuma
#120 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:10:53 PM

actually the reason we had a lull in killings after the first spate was because POLICE ACTED after reshuffling...we would have been counting 10s of thousands lost.
how do u handle people who have barricaded roads and are armed with Machetes? or do you just read them their rights?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!