wazua Sat, Jun 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<5657585960>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#1141 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:44:37 PM

todays purchase may have been fueled by pride, but I actually bought more of this stock and after sinking in all available information I have decided that I shall continue to buy into the near term.. My move is highly evaluated and highly risky.. It may lead to unimaginable losses but then again it could lead to unrestrained gains.. Im no longer asking any wazuan to join me, im flying this plane solo, kamikaze style :)

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Gatheuzi
#1142 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:55:08 PM

obiero wrote:
todays purchase may have been fueled by pride, but I actually bought more of this stock and after sinking in all available information I have decided that I shall continue to buy into the near term.. My move is highly evaluated and highly risky.. It may lead to unimaginable losses but then again it could lead to unrestrained gains.. Im no longer asking any wazuan to join me, im flying this plane solo, kamikaze style :)

Enjoy the ride bro. I love your guts. Iam sure you will come back with good tales of how the skyline was. You are not solo, CS treasury may add some cash for more fuel while the dutch brothers may chip in for snacks.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
obiero
#1143 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:03:53 PM

obiero
#1144 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:09:20 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:

Enjoy the ride bro. I love your guts. Iam sure you will come back with good tales of how the skyline was. You are not solo, CS treasury may add some cash for more fuel while the dutch brothers may chip in for snacks.

@Gatheuzi. Im seeing a clear KES 40 for KQ in the next 24months.. I may be wrong, but then again I may be right..

Aguytrying
#1145 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:28:12 PM

is it safe to assume that all the money of the rights issue was 'eaten up' by these losses?

Obiero. you may succeed... but it will take many years. unless a miracle happens somewhere, then it may take a few years.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
obiero
#1146 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:47:10 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
is it safe to assume that all the money of the rights issue was 'eaten up' by these losses?

Obiero. you may succeed... but it will take many years. unless a miracle happens somewhere, then it may take a few years.

@aguytrying its not safe to assume that.. Negative profit (sic) ate up into the P&L as a result of the 5.4B revaluation of unwanted aircraft that were sold, further negative growth was caused by same government not refunding the KES 2.8Btax owed from purchase of new craft.. -2.6B is the 'valid' loss that was incurred in H1 as a result of the stagnation in tourism across most high traffic routes due to varied factors including terrorism and Ebola.. Going forward, there are much less headwinds

Horton
#1147 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:07:03 PM

actually the timing of offloading the B772s is just perfect. Due to the 778 coming in soon, most big carriers will soon flood the market of these workhorses. New equipment, new terminal, added zeal by govt to bring in tourists, and fuel prices at historical lows, I can see KQ coming back strong.
obiero
#1148 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:30:03 PM

Horton wrote:
actually the timing of offloading the B772s is just perfect. Due to the 778 coming in soon, most big carriers will soon flood the market of these workhorses. New equipment, new terminal, added zeal by govt to bring in tourists, and fuel prices at historical lows, I can see KQ coming back strong.

Indeed @Horton. KQ now has the youngest fleet in Africa. Upto 20% increased operational efficiency of the 787 and investment clarity will soon dawn on this share that is at its lowest trading price since the year 2003..

Gordon Gekko
#1149 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:24:52 AM

@obiero, you will be pleased to know that the AGM which was to start at 10am is just commencing. Now you should not wonder any more why flights are late, why the 787 s were late. Capt Michael Karanja is the MC, which is a great thing.
maka
#1150 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 12:21:42 PM

obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Gatheuzi. Im seeing a clear KES 40 for KQ in the next 24months.. I may be wrong, but then again I may be right..

Get this right am giving you 100,000
possunt quia posse videntur
Boris Boyka
#1151 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 12:36:26 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
@obiero, you will be pleased to know that the AGM which was to start at 10am is just commencing. Now you should not wonder any more why flights are late, why the 787 s were late. Capt Michael Karanja is the MC, which is a great thing.

Thanks to wazua I had forgotten this. just got in now.@ Obiero uko wapi!
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
selah
#1152 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 2:17:26 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:

The AGM was to start at 11.00AM ...it started on time.....and it was well organized apart from Stock out of Financial report....oh yeah and the lunch was ok...I cant complain.....

I think there is bad blood between Naikuni and the board that excuse of being slightly sick did not fly with me ...Too convenient...

Something is not right in that board esp the fact that 2 directors in the same committee (Audit&Risk) are leaving the company and one of them was the chairman of the committee ...

I think there is going to be a reorganization in that company the kind we have never seen b4.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Kihara joni
#1153 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 2:23:49 PM

Zero supply and at over 7.60 I am out of the red
Boris Boyka
#1154 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 2:51:36 PM

@ Obiero @selah hope you voted for Ogwapit & Ochieng I picked something from their talk and seem practical, Kipkoech appeared a boot licker,Malombe is carried by law and papers, Wanjiku was 50/50. Don't know why Ngumi and Khawaja pulled out last minute this morning??? I foresee re-organization too and next year will be good. There will be profits with some dvdnd(like 0.10-0.20) It may not triple in price but it'll be at about 20/-. I missed the books & pen (writing materials) hii ni poverty though Lunch was OKAY as @selah put it.
I also observed that MANY of the shareholders ni old men & women,seems they still have the former memories of pride of Africa. This KQ has money only that it doesn't reach the shareholder.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
maka
#1155 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 3:03:35 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
@ Obiero @selah hope you voted for Ogwapit & Ochieng I picked something from their talk and seem practical, Kipkoech appeared a boot licker,Malombe is carried by law and papers, Wanjiku was 50/50. Don't know why Ngumi and Khawaja pulled out last minute this morning??? I foresee re-organization too and next year will be good. There will be profits with some dvdnd(like 0.10-0.20) It may not triple in price but it'll be at about 20/-. I missed the books & pen (writing materials) hii ni poverty though Lunch was OKAY as @selah put it.
I also observed that MANY of the shareholders ni old men & women,seems they still have the former memories of pride of Africa. This KQ has money only that it doesn't reach the shareholder.

I really wish you guys well...Applause Next year tuko papa hapa.
possunt quia posse videntur
urstill1
#1156 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 3:31:54 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:

Yaani mimi nilimiss tu hivyo. How does KQ(or any listed company) cater for the voting rights for those unable to attend? Huko @kiash, they send some voting forms and guidance on how and who to vote for.
Gordon Gekko
#1157 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 4:02:21 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:

Only 2 voters count and sadly, I suspect they will vote for Mugane and Kipkoech. The board will be heavy with accountants - both executive directors and Mugabe when she rocks in.
KQ has a management problem not a financial problem. What they need is a CEO with an FMCG mentality, not a bean counter. Sadly I don't think Mbuvi will hack it, he's too status quo and there's the remote but real issue of chicken from the 787s having clouded every ones thinking capacity. But I will hold on.
obiero
#1158 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 9:59:13 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:

Only 2 voters count and sadly, I suspect they will vote for Mugane and Kipkoech. The board will be heavy with accountants - both executive directors and Mugabe when she rocks in.
KQ has a management problem not a financial problem. What they need is a CEO with an FMCG mentality, not a bean counter. Sadly I don't think Mbuvi will hack it, he's too status quo and there's the remote but real issue of chicken from the 787s having clouded every ones thinking capacity. But I will hold on.

Hii chicken si mbaaya. I also ate some chicken today. The only problem is when it guides ua daily aactions like a traffic cop.. It becomes an end in itself while it should be a means to an end

MaichBlack
#1159 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 5:56:34 AM

hisah wrote:
obiero wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
obiero wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
obiero wrote:
WaHande wrote:
@14 and still going strong

headed to KES 17.. thats the real barrier to use wazua language, resistance..

Its that time of the year when cash is KING. Jumped out. Sad Will catch you again sooner. smile

SMH.. You just sold because its December? If IFC/GoK did that too then where would we be? Anyway, I dont have immediate need for cash hence reason why I stick it out awaiting the sweet day when I shall get rich from KQ

That December 03, 2013 was a truely blessed day!

Are you coming back?
Citigroup unable to advise foreign investors whether to buy or sell KQ shares

Was this the same citi that was handling the spectacular failure of a rights issue by KQ? Don't they have shame?
@obiero - you should be pissed at this citi advice. Such a fox.

@hisah - They have absolutely no shame. Not an iota!! Sample this

Quote:
Some of the restructuring options given to the airline by the global investment bank (Citigroup) include seeking financial aid from the government, conducting a second rights issue,...

and it gets even "better"

Quote:
...disposing of assets and reconsidering buying new planes.

What was the purpose of the first rights issue again?

To call this a mess would be the understatement of the century.

Summary to shareholders:

Hi. We f@#ked up you shareholder value with the first rights issue. You are now poorer because of that rights issue. Your original shares plus the rights you bought are now worth much less. But all is not lost. We are considering a second rights issue which will definitely f@#k you up some more. Oh, one more thing, those planes we were to buy with the proceeds from the first rights issue, eeeh, that might actually not happen. On a positive note though, most payments are up to date. For example, all payments due to us, bonuses, salaries to employees, directors, senior management [who don't own shares in this mess, sorry, company] are up to date. And in the words of the great philosopher, Mr. T, till we meet again, See you suuuuckers!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#1160 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:03:26 AM

"And despite putting in billions and billions and billions of dollars, the net return to owners from being in the entire airline industry, if you owned it all, and if you put up all this money, is less than zero."
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.