wazua Tue, Jun 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<554555556557558>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#11101 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 4:31:52 PM

Mukiri wrote:
@Obiero.. I believe congratulations are in order. Wewe ni shujaa! In the midst of all negativity and abuse, you stood your ground. I celebrate you

It has landed safely .. Now to map the figures to Dec 2018

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#11102 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 4:37:05 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
@ OBIERO OUR KQ MAIDEN FLIGHT HAS JUST LANDED IN New York, NY, US
John F. Kennedy International Airport
Flight Arrival Times
29-Oct-2018
Scheduled
06:55 EDT
Actual
07:11 EDT

IT LANDED AT EXACTLY 1414HOURS HAVING 9MILES AT THE RUNWAY REMAINIG..Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Unfortunately the lead pilot Captain Joseph Kinuthia retires in next two months

tinker
#11103 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 4:44:31 PM

Congratulations to Kq and all those who put in the hard work to make KQ002 a success. Indeed, the pride of Africa.

In other note, I hope they updated the in-flight movies. I was on Kq B-787 recently but I couldn't get a good movie to watch for a 6 hours flight. Their library was full of violent and indecent movies.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
obiero
#11104 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 9:01:44 PM

tinker wrote:
Congratulations to Kq and all those who put in the hard work to make KQ002 a success. Indeed, the pride of Africa.

In other note, I hope they updated the in-flight movies. I was on Kq B-787 recently but I couldn't get a good movie to watch for a 6 hours flight. Their library was full of violent and indecent movies.

Those movies need to be revamped for sure.. Keep the violent and indecent ones for its own niche but add more soft stuff for general audience

rwitre
#11105 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 10:18:42 PM

Buroti Maguta Maguta;

Buy a plot in New York City, USA only 15 hrs from Nairobi.

Mugunda nî title smile
muandiwambeu
#11106 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 10:30:25 PM

rwitre wrote:
Buroti Maguta Maguta;

Buy a plot in New York City, USA only 15 hrs from Nairobi.

Mugunda nî title smile

Dr kutoka kitui in Kenya, we med broken finances, secure ur homes and retirement, get you a hot and steamy besheshe to warm your bed etc. Just a call away and 15hours of flight and you get it.🤔🤔🤔
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#11107 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 11:40:20 PM

KQ 003 on the way back from NYC, fully booked

VituVingiSana
#11108 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 11:52:19 PM

maka wrote:
freiks wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Maka
Question: If the flight is well-priced, then why can't KQ fly 80% full daily?
Facts:
There are 1000s of Kenyans/Diasporans flying to/from the (Northeast) US annually.
Currently, one has to stop at LHR, AMS, CDG on SkyTeam.
LH uses FRA [not sure if Brussels flies to NBO].
BA uses LHR.
TK uses IST.
Ethiopian uses ADD.
The ME airlines flights are much longer.

Then add the East Africans (TZ, UG, RW, BU) and Southern Africans (Mauritius, Malawi, etc) who could use KQ to get to NYC.

Of course, the flights have to reasonably priced + good connections (Delta) + profitable for KQ.

*I am rooting for KQ. I have a 1/50,000,000 (of GoK's) stake in KQ + a much larger indirect stake via KQLC.

@vvs don’t try to convince @maka.. he is set in his ways and had even attempted to stall the maiden flight with a strike.. and what would be the problem in scaling down on the daily flights Incase it’s needed.. biashara ni kujaribu!

Anyone who has looked at the flight booking status for the month of Nov. Dec will be full

Tuko hapa boss.... I can get you daily figures for the rest of our life time for any flight you want...

@VVS...rem that's an introductory fare... Wait for next year you see how much the flight will cost..

I am 110% sure I will be vindicated on this one... For now let's enjoy the optics...
I agree that KQ has to be competitive vs other airlines. Unless GoK, UN, WB, MNCs etc are paying, most pax will not pay a huge premium to fly direct, non-stop to NYC.
If one is flying to/from another city [Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, LA, SF, etc] then the advantage of flying into NYC, to catch a connecting flight, is lost.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#11109 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 11:53:59 PM

tinker wrote:

Jina lako lingine ni Ezekile Mutua?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#11110 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:18:37 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
freiks wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Maka
Facts:
There are 1000s of Kenyans/Diasporans flying to/from the (Northeast) US annually.
BA uses LHR.
TK uses IST.
Ethiopian uses ADD.

Then add the East Africans (TZ, UG, RW, BU) and Southern Africans (Mauritius, Malawi, etc) who could use KQ to get to NYC.

Of course, the flights have to reasonably priced + good connections (Delta) + profitable for KQ.

*I am rooting for KQ. I have a 1/50,000,000 (of GoK's) stake in KQ + a much larger indirect stake via KQLC.

@vvs don’t try to convince @maka.. he is set in his ways and had even attempted to stall the maiden flight with a strike.. and what would be the problem in scaling down on the daily flights Incase it’s needed.. biashara ni kujaribu!

Anyone who has looked at the flight booking status for the month of Nov. Dec will be full

Tuko hapa boss.... I can get you daily figures for the rest of our life time for any flight you want...

@VVS...rem that's an introductory fare... Wait for next year you see how much the flight will cost..

I am 110% sure I will be vindicated on this one... For now let's enjoy the optics...
I agree that KQ has to be competitive vs other airlines. Unless GoK, UN, WB, MNCs etc are paying, most pax will not pay a huge premium to fly direct, non-stop to NYC.
If one is flying to/from another city [Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, LA, SF, etc] then the advantage of flying into NYC, to catch a connecting flight, is lost.

Domestic travel in USA is commoditized.. It’s like riding a nduthi.. We cannot use that as an excuse

VituVingiSana
#11111 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:22:23 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
freiks wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Maka
Facts:
BA uses LHR.
TK uses IST.
Ethiopian uses ADD.

Domestic travel in USA is commoditized.. It’s like riding a nduthi.. We cannot use that as an excuse

Exactly, that's why many would rather fly from NBO and change planes in AMS, CDG, LHR, etc direct to their final destination eg ATL, BOS, IAD, ORD, SFO, LAX...

The quality of service/amenities/freebies on int'l flights are usually much better than domestic US flights.
Kusadikika
#11112 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:40:28 AM

Wacha niulize swali ya ujinga. Is the New York - Nairobi route exclusive to KQ? What would prevent other airlines that already use JKIA from starting direct flights to New York or other US cities from Nairobi? Emirates, Nairobi-New York or Qatar Airways Nairobi-Houston or Delta, Nairobi-Atlanta?
Thitifini
#11113 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:02:32 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
Wacha niulize swali ya ujinga. Is the New York - Nairobi route exclusive to KQ? What would prevent other airlines that already use JKIA from starting direct flights to New York or other US cities from Nairobi? Emirates, Nairobi-New York or Qatar Airways Nairobi-Houston or Delta, Nairobi-Atlanta?

That's the part many don't want to ask. Of course KQ might be outflanked by the likes of Ethiopian and those US budget airlines.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Mukiri
#11114 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 5:03:07 AM

Thitifini wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

That's the part many don't want to ask. Of course KQ might be outflanked by the likes of Ethiopian and those US budget airlines.

One step at a time. A foot in, is in and of itself half the work done. That should count for something.

Either way, Kenya has won. I hope our next president isn't a rotten one. Tackle corruption, clean up image and Kenya is en-route to being the next Egypt. Maybe even South Africa. And we are yet to exploit our oil resources

Proverbs 19:21
murchr
#11115 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:18:57 AM

Thitifini wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

The route may be open to other skyteam partners. Delta comes in mind, now the question is will delta take NBO as a serious destination to venture into? I don't see that happening soon. They might opt to be the feeder and distributor for KQ, that is bring in passengers from all over NA for KQ to take to Africa.

So the NBO NYC route may be exclusive for KQ. ET flys to Washington so as a Kenyan your choice is should you fly from JKIA TO BOLA then to Washington or should you fly from JKIA TO JFKIA?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#11116 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:26:32 AM

murchr wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

The route may be open to other skyteam partners. Delta comes in mind, now the question is will delta take NBO as a serious destination to venture into? I don't see that happening soon. They might opt to be the feeder and distributor for KQ, that is bring in passengers from all over NA for KQ to take to Africa.

So the NBO NYC route may be exclusive for KQ. ET flys to Washington so as a Kenyan your choice is should you fly from JKIA TO BOLA then to Washington or should you fly from JKIA TO JFKIA?

It’s Kenya via JKIA that has CAT1 status but each airline will have to obtain own licenses to ply NBO-NYC.. Same way KQ cannot fly to Bole, just because

hardwood
#11117 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 2:23:27 PM

2nd KQ flight to JFK just landed. Seems they will be daily flights.
ARAP CHARLES
#11118 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 2:44:15 PM

Nairobi to New York From KES 66,560 Return Trip.
From KES 66,560.00 VERY FAIR PRICE
(Per person, Return Trip )
Watch and Listen and Live
hardwood
#11119 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 2:55:19 PM

Thitifini wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

Airlines are like matatus. If a matatu has been authorized to ply e.g ngong-nrb route, it can't add the mwiki-nrb route to its schedule eti because mwiki matatus have now been allowed to "fly" to the cbd. Therefore emirates cannot ply the NBO-JFK route.
Swenani
#11120 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:03:36 PM

hardwood wrote:
2nd KQ flight to JFK just landed. Seems they will be daily flights.

Instead of Flying to CAR or South sudan,im better off Flying to the YOU ES EH
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?