#11061 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:35:46 PM

KQ Direct Flight is trending on twitter
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#11062 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:20:17 PM

Ericsson wrote:

That's a local trend, tomorrow it will be global as KQ receives live showers of blessing

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Impunity
#11063 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 4:01:27 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

That's a local trend, tomorrow it will be global as KQ receives live showers of blessing

The showers of blessing will be due kesho ya ingine...it will land the day after tomorrow.
By the I hope it will land on clear daytime sky
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#11064 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 4:18:45 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The showers of blessing will be due kesho ya ingine...it will land the day after tomorrow.

Yes. Timezones. Extra excited! Flights as far out as Dec 3rd fully booked

sparkly
#11065 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:41:35 PM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Excellent for the Government of Kenya, People of Kenya, Employees of KQ, suppliers of KQ and JV Partners of KQ.

Minorities shareholders rejoice in retweets and likes.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#11066 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 7:00:01 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Excellent for the Government of Kenya, People of Kenya, Employees of KQ, suppliers of KQ and JV Partners of KQ.

To each his own

obiero
#11067 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 7:06:32 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

To each his own. Here is what Richard Quest says:
Ironically, one of the reasons I came to Nairobi in the first place is the way I will be leaving it: Kenya Airways and its inaugural flight to New York this weekend.

Today, I wanted to pay my first visit to the national airline’s headquarters and get a true sense of what makes this slowly rejuvenating legacy carrier tick.

The cargo hangars at KQ headquarters in Nairobi illustrate the complex challenges any airline chief executive faces.

We got a look inside the perishable goods hangar and an insight into the sheer scale of Kenya’s flower export industry.

You may buy your tulips in Amsterdam, but don’t be surprised if they passed through this building at some point.

Gaining access to the hangar involved three separate security checks. This was reassuring, but also frustrating.

We were searched on our entrance to the car park, walked across to the other side, and then searched again, by the same security guard.

Quite how we were supposed to have picked up anything untoward on our way is anyone’s guess, but it showed how security processes can load inefficiency into an operation.

Regulations are regulations, and such things make life hard for airline CEOs. Inside the hangar is perhaps the ultimate expression of this: A separate pen has been constructed solely for cargo bound for New York. America’s TSA has very specific requirements, and Kenya Airways must now abide by them.

From the cargo hangars we moved on to Kenya Airways’ training facility and maintenance hangar.

Under new CEO Sebastian Mikosz, the airline has been modernising. It has a new cost-efficient fleet and a lower cost of operations, essential to the airline’s future.

We also met a living symbol of the airline’ modern outlook, Captain Irene Mutungi, the first African female airline captain.

She pilots Kenya Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliner and will be among those tasked with the Nairobi-New York route.

At a time when South African Airways is about to get another dollop of government money, it is refreshing to see an African carrier with a mandate to make a profit. Aviation in Africa is littered with the wreckage of airlines born in grandiosity or only flying because of government largesse.

KQ is undergoing root and branch reforms, to make the airline economically fit to fly in the global market.

If government stays out of the way and the reforms take place, then KQ will truly be the Pride of Africa.​​

sparkly
#11068 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:44:51 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Ironically, one of the reasons I came to Nairobi in the first place is the way I will be leaving it: Kenya Airways and its inaugural flight to New York this weekend.

Today, I wanted to pay my first visit to the national airline’s headquarters and get a true sense of what makes this slowly rejuvenating legacy carrier tick.

The cargo hangars at KQ headquarters in Nairobi illustrate the complex challenges any airline chief executive faces.

We got a look inside the perishable goods hangar and an insight into the sheer scale of Kenya’s flower export industry.

You may buy your tulips in Amsterdam, but don’t be surprised if they passed through this building at some point.

Gaining access to the hangar involved three separate security checks. This was reassuring, but also frustrating.

We were searched on our entrance to the car park, walked across to the other side, and then searched again, by the same security guard.

Quite how we were supposed to have picked up anything untoward on our way is anyone’s guess, but it showed how security processes can load inefficiency into an operation.

Regulations are regulations, and such things make life hard for airline CEOs. Inside the hangar is perhaps the ultimate expression of this: A separate pen has been constructed solely for cargo bound for New York. America’s TSA has very specific requirements, and Kenya Airways must now abide by them.

From the cargo hangars we moved on to Kenya Airways’ training facility and maintenance hangar.

Under new CEO Sebastian Mikosz, the airline has been modernising. It has a new cost-efficient fleet and a lower cost of operations, essential to the airline’s future.

We also met a living symbol of the airline’ modern outlook, Captain Irene Mutungi, the first African female airline captain.

She pilots Kenya Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliner and will be among those tasked with the Nairobi-New York route.

At a time when South African Airways is about to get another dollop of government money, it is refreshing to see an African carrier with a mandate to make a profit. Aviation in Africa is littered with the wreckage of airlines born in grandiosity or only flying because of government largesse.

KQ is undergoing root and branch reforms, to make the airline economically fit to fly in the global market.

If government stays out of the way and the reforms take place, then KQ will truly be the Pride of Africa.​​

Absurdity without legs. Doesn't he know that KQ is a national asset, owned and controlled primarily by the people of Kenya through their democratically elected government? Why should the people stay away from their asset?
obiero
#11069 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:51:41 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Absurdity without legs. Doesn't he know that KQ is a national asset, owned and controlled primarily by the people of Kenya through their democratically elected government? Why should the people stay away from their asset?

He probably meant interference in day to day activities like what took place at Kenya Power

Angelica _ann
#11070 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 10:42:22 PM

When is this hyped up flight, departing time from Nairobi... I want to watch coz is made for some wonderful story for my grandchildren Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly the
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#11071 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 6:09:16 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
When is this hyped up flight, departing time from Nairobi... I want to watch coz is made for some wonderful story for my grandchildren Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly the

T+0.. 22:55hrs.. You will be telling stories to your grandchildren while some of us will leave them fortunes smile
In your story there will a line "some stranger on an online community called wazua, kept pushing for purchase of the KQ share while it traded at KES 7.10 but I didn't see the opportunity at that time", said with your head hung low in a tone filled with regret

sparkly
#11072 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 8:37:05 AM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

T+0.. 22:55hrs.. You will be telling stories to your grandchildren while some of us will leave them fortunes smile
In your story there will a line "some stranger on an online community called wazua, kept pushing for purchase of the KQ share while it traded at KES 7.10 but I didn't see the opportunity at that time", said with your head hung low in a tone filled with regret

Inaugural flight has;
1. UMK and his statehouse party,
2. 4 miss tourisms https://ntv.nation.co.ke...24540-yyoo43/index.html
3. Two youthful entrepreneurs https://www.the-star.co....iden-us-flight_c1837671

I wonder if Kanze bothered to dish out tickets to shareholders.
maka
#11073 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:02:23 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Inaugural flight has;
3. Two youthful entrepreneurs https://www.the-star.co....iden-us-flight_c1837671

None...
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#11074 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:09:37 AM

@Obiero how much do we pay as interest on debt every month? Then what's the exact sum owed to creditors?
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#11075 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 10:54:09 AM

maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Inaugural flight has;

None...

Stop lying bro. Mike Maina is on the flight
Uhuru representing the treasury with 48.6% shareholding is also on the flight

hardwood
#11076 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 11:24:34 AM

maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Inaugural flight has;

None...

Obiero had said some time back that he'd be on the flight.
obiero
#11077 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 11:24:52 AM

maka wrote:
@Obiero how much do we pay as interest on debt every month? Then what's the exact sum owed to creditors?

Total debt after restructuring is KES138B, hence average interest payment at KES 650m monthly

hardwood
#11078 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 4:54:18 PM

Getting ready....

obiero
#11079 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 6:09:17 PM

hardwood wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Inaugural flight has;

None...

Obiero had said some time back that he'd be on the flight.

It didn’t go as planned. Had to give it up to my cousin due to work commitments

obiero
#11080 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 8:44:08 PM

4 pilots, 12 flight attendants, 234 passengers, 85tonnes of jet1, 10% anticipation in annual revenue jump.. The Pride of Africa