#1082 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:13:48 AM

maka wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
obiero wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
When are 1H15 results coming out?

13th november

Asante bwana #Diarized

Nothing to look forward to...they are dismal....

Ahem...
possunt quia posse videntur
ProverB
#1083 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:19:39 AM

The only beneficiaries from KQ seem to be Boeing, Titus Naikuni, KQ staff and families

ION, awaiting to read from Obiero
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
mlennyma
#1084 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:00:26 PM

Naikuni left kq dead,another kidero, I have spotted one mr.obiero pondering his next move after crushing with the boeingSad
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#1085 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:09:29 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
apparently the bear is in town. kes 11 will not be tested, but it should have ceteris paribus..

You are a good mansmile

Wow. That loss. Hayo ni mapepo

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#1086 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:15:43 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Naikuni left kq dead,another kidero, I have spotted one mr.obiero pondering his next move after crushing with the boeingSad

@mlennyma @proverB indeed we have crash landed but there are no injuries.. we live to tell the tale. but honestly dissapointed. not moving out, but not adding up my portfolio

maka
#1087 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:35:21 PM

Is it ethical for the CEO to be getting that hefty salary?Top managemenment should have their salaries halved....

http://centreforaviation...urrent-environment--3522
Akenyan2014
#1088 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:44:35 PM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

@mlennyma @proverB indeed we have crash landed but there are no injuries.. we live to tell the tale. but honestly dissapointed. not moving out, but not adding up my portfolio

I appreciate the constructive discussions earlier: VVS, Borris, Obiero et al. I started exiting (post 939) and finally total exit (post 952).

What this counter needs is injection of new confidence to shareholders. Safaricom's Bob after several years of poor share price performance came to the media and candidly said he was doing something about it. Ciano after fears of rights being snubbed is finally using all means to instill confidence in the stock. I wish I heard the same from the carrier. Future is bright and we dont want anybody to justify the poor proverb 'pride comes before a ... '
maka
#1089 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:48:05 PM

mlennyma
#1090 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:52:12 PM

So when is ohana coming out to throw that hope?? iam proud to own kk if somebody still owns kq
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
jerry
#1091 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:21:30 PM

Akenyan2014 wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I appreciate the constructive discussions earlier: VVS, Borris, Obiero et al. I started exiting (post 939) and finally total exit (post 952).

What this counter needs is injection of new confidence to shareholders. Safaricom's Bob after several years of poor share price performance came to the media and candidly said he was doing something about it. Ciano after fears of rights being snubbed is finally using all means to instill confidence in the stock. I wish I heard the same from the carrier. Future is bright and we dont want anybody to justify the poor proverb 'pride comes before a ... '

And you can mention "pride" alongside KQ?!
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
ProverB
#1092 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:29:08 PM

@AKenyan2014 #KenyaAirways does not have a Shareholder confidence problem but an operational efficiency problem that is eating into revenues. They are spendin dun too much just to get an extra shilling in revenue.

Share price has no effect on kq operations. So a PR Campaign to appease shareholders would be rather foolhardy.

Improve efficiency in operations will turn into profit hence better share value hence boost shareholder confidence
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
Angelica _ann
#1093 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:40:28 PM

maka wrote:

Fake advice as they come what would take ARM to 50's zone just like that wajameni!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#1094 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:21:04 PM

RT @KenyaAirways: RT @SokoAnalyst: #KQInvestorBriefing @KenyaAirways happening now at Intercon, Nrb. The results indicate management strategy is working... Q&A session starts with @CKirubi congratulating Mr Mbuvi on his new role and getting the airline back on track #InvestorBriefing > whoever works on the PR @kq must be on hard drugs

Boris Boyka
#1095 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:29:02 PM

obiero wrote:
RT @KenyaAirways: RT @SokoAnalyst: #KQInvestorBriefing @KenyaAirways happening now at Intercon, Nrb. The results indicate management strategy is working... Q&A session starts with @CKirubi congratulating Mr Mbuvi on his new role and getting the airline back on track #InvestorBriefing > whoever works on the PR @kq must be on hard drugs

Indeed as someone put it, KQ is making money for everybody except the shareholder. one day......
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
sparkly
#1096 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:00:27 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
murchr wrote:
sparkly wrote:
murchr wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
the first of five 737 800 is on its way to the motherland.. when the inevitable profit turnaround comes soon, most wazuans will be left wondering..

The airline business makes money for everyone else except the shareholder.

Money for the plane manufacturers, financiers/lessors, oil companies, pilots and executives but nothing left for the shareholders. As optimistic as I am for KQ and its newer fleet, I Know that operating and financing costs will go up exponentially, offsetting increase in revenues and savings in maintenance.

Avoid generalizations and blanket statements, there are airlines out there making money for its shareholders.
You cant say that for airlines such as Singapore airlines
Last year Delta Airlines paid quarterly dividends and did some share buy back, you know how that can affect the price. Tho they last did it in 2003. US Airlines has been profitable for some time and bought/merged with AA. Southwest has been giving its shareholders dividends every quarter but their plus has been their business strategy. Hedging. With Oil prices going down , KQ would get a loss if they locked down a high price. But i have no idea how that balances out with a strong Dollar.

A List of Airlines that have crash landed!

Comeon @Sparky i thought you're more intelligent than that. In every industry, all the companies that dont adapt and change with the environment DIE. It doesnt matter if its in banking or manufacturing.

@murchr in the airline industry failure is the rule rather than the exception.

lets talk facts, shall we...
The airline industry is characterized by:
1. High barriers to entry because of capital costs and regulations.
2. Low profit margins.
3. High fixed costs for fuel, personnel, debt service and lease rentals.
4. Highly competitive, with constant price wars and ticket discounting. Most are highly subsidized national assets.

Our beloved pride of Africa's (one of the best performing and managed airlines in the world) revenues for the last 3 yrs combined was KShs 311B but only KShs 1.6B reached the shareholders!
Putting that money in T Bills would have earned you at least KShs 30B.

IMO, compared with other investments, project mawingu is just creating a bigger giant with a softer under belly.

Now @murchr which of the above do you dispute? Give reasons.

I am no fan of Airline Stocks [I learnt the hard way and I should have listened to Warren Buffett]... BTW, Revenues are NOT assets. So when you say put the money in T-Bills to earn 30bn over 3 years... that is inaccurate. Unless, there is something I missed.

@VVS I stand corrected. The average shareholders equity was KShs 28B so for three years you would expect around KShs 8.4B return on govt paper. Add the massive gearing of 90% on average, that should give at least a 10B return.

Let the debate continue
Life is short. Live passionately.
Kausha
#1097 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:53:49 PM

@obiero pole ndugu...but this was coming. We told you KQ will be requiee a government bailout in or before 2015. It does now look that the bailout should be underway in the near future. After the audited accounts are out early June they will need shitloads of cash. So they have wiped off c.20B in shareholder funds GFF.
Kausha
#1098 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:56:42 PM

obiero wrote:

That last statement Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly d'oh!
maka
#1099 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:15:14 PM

Shitty company...no reprieve going forward...dozens of employees have been sacked coz of fleecing the company there is a major scandal on reselling of seats and "frequent flyer/flying blue programme....how much are the likes of Akina Mbuvi/Alex Mugua earning again....touch if you have the guts...I still reiterate read about Sabena...FYI there was a meeting discussing about name change of the national carrier.....
obiero
#1100 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:18:23 PM

Kausha wrote:
obiero wrote:

That last statement Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly d'oh!

KQ is now peddling hope. I have watched the entire briefing that was at the Intercon earlier on today and somehow the management has made me think that they are still in control. In particular, the impairment option that led to revaluation of the old planes and a subsequent knock of about 5B due to intended sale of the said items