wazua Mon, Jun 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<536537538539540>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Ericsson
#10741 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 9:13:29 AM

sparkly wrote:
This KQ thread diverged from investment to general banter a long time ago. In fact the thread has nothing to offer in the way of Investment advice. Admin should move the thread to Club SK.

Open a new thread that discusses serious issues about kq like analysis of financial results, opportunities that are coming up that kq needs to seize/has seized
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#10742 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 9:36:42 AM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
This KQ thread diverged from investment to general banter a long time ago. In fact the thread has nothing to offer in the way of Investment advice. Admin should move the thread to Club SK.

Open a new thread that discusses serious issues about kq like analysis of financial results, opportunities that are coming up that kq needs to seize/has seized

The banter is actually what is happening now! I believe that the things you mention as points, are discussed here quite often and in detail. A new thread is seriously not needed but you can open one and contribute!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
muandiwambeu
#10743 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 11:17:13 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

The banter is actually what is happening now! I believe that the things you mention as points, are discussed here quite often and in detail. A new thread is seriously not needed but you can open one and contribute!

And let me leave this here, https://www.africanstand...ort-for-debt-repayment/[color=red][/color], you may guess who might be the next in-line
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Ericsson
#10744 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 12:58:21 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

And let me leave this here, https://www.africanstand...ort-for-debt-repayment/[color=red][/color], you may guess who might be the next in-line

Kenya won't reach that level now with SGR phase 2B funding request declined by China.
Let's go back to KQ which is the thread's topic.
muandiwambeu
#10745 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 1:51:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Kenya won't reach that level now with SGR phase 2B funding request declined by China.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And thus exactly my concern, why was mother Kenya denied that life line loan after asking for that grant...
https://www.construction...aivasha-kisumu-railway/
Me nasikia sina ability ya kulipa ndeni ingine @erics. Am worried if taxed VAT on every breathe I take I will succumb and KAA will be alienated or maybe, its time to take our stock.
Catch 222. Those looking at KAA for an escape route now may have to rethink it, noting that the stakes, appetite and priories are high that side.Sad Sad
Ericsson
#10746 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 2:09:22 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And thus exactly my concern, why was mother Kenya denied that life line loan after asking for that grant...
Me nasikia sina ability ya kulipa ndeni ingine @erics. Am worried if taxed VAT on every breathe I take I will succumb and KAA will be alienated or maybe, its time to take our stock.
Catch 222. Those looking at KAA for an escape route now may have to rethink it, noting that the stakes, appetite and priories are high that side.Sad Sad

I will continue this conversation of SGR on the thread Kenya Economy watch
muandiwambeu
#10747 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 2:41:44 PM

Ericsson wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I will continue this conversation of SGR on the thread Kenya Economy watch

Asante saana mc, only that am not talking sgr here. Am talking JKIA-KAA-KQ triangle and the potential for a foursome. And the dangers of the foursome ending up as a ruthless twosome yawa.
I also don't support canvassing @erics. KAMA,watu wa SGR walinyimwa wacha wavumilie, hapa, kq Kwisha zoea hii maneno ya dryspell ya kunyimwa na kupangapangwa kiolela olela bana. Hata hiyo ikibisha mlango aiwezi kuwa supprissing.
Ericsson
#10748 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 7:39:20 PM

Emirates airlines opened a flight training academy last year.
The course is 2 years and cost is $200,000.
For pilots sponsored by emirates its free.
Globally there is a shortage of pilots
VituVingiSana
#10749 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:06:58 AM

Qatar Airways to start direct Mombasa flights in December
https://www.businessdail...753244-v361sw/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#10750 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:38:54 AM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Qatar Airways to start direct Mombasa flights in December
https://www.businessdail...53244-v361sw/index.html[/quote]

GoK should allow KQLC to sell their stake to Qatar Airways
ArrestedDev
#10751 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:31:57 AM

The clueless Uhuruto and Macharia signed off a strategic destination for the national carrier.

Even a very corrupt Amos Kimunya and a senile Mwai Kibaki refused totally to grant Qatar Government the rights to land in Mombasa.

maka
#10752 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:36:58 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Thats crazy...I dont know why KQ stopped the Ab inito program.
possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#10753 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:01:24 AM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Cost - People were being trained then they leave for greener pastures - actually Emirates & Qatar were poaching them.

It was like KQ subsidising them - Initial capital outlay being paid by KQ instead of being used to buy aircrafts.

They will have to start again but a training school must be set up in Kenya. Sending people to South Africa and Ethiopia is too costly.
maka
#10754 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:28:15 PM

possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#10755 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:39:07 PM

maka wrote:

KQ must take charge of JKIA if it is to regain a hold of its destiny

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Zichi
#10756 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:28:04 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The Ab Initio program degenerated from a sponsorship program to a money making scheme for some people. By the time it was stopped KQ never paid a cent towards the training. COOP gave out a loan that the ab initio pilots are paying back.
I hear the program was stopped because either the schools or the bank was inflating the training costs, and the bank varied the interest charged like 6-8 percentage points leading to newly checked out pilots being overburned with the repayments.
quicksand
#10757 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:43:23 PM

Ericsson wrote:

this has been the stated wisdom (shortage of pilots), but on the ground, you hear of pilots getting furloughed all the time. I stalk some pilot forums and they are rife with stories of poor pay, harsh working conditions and a very tough life for the pilots and families. There was a video on youtube documenting the miserable lives led by pilot crews from some of US feeder airlines, sleeping in bunkbeds in small, high school dorm-like rooms...all these are pointers to a surplus in pilots, and these fellows have been reduced to a rat race because they are swappable like toilet paper. What shortage I ask? If there was a shortage airlines would treat existing pilots with deep respect, they would invest in training some more, not charge 200,000 dollars to train one. Doesn't add up.
I stand corrected.
ArrestedDev
#10758 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:55:55 PM

maka wrote:

They don’t a fleet which can fly to Mombasa non-stop.

May be for Easyjet since they have already received their A321 LR NEO. But again, Easyjet are already in Africa through Fastjet.

Balala is not familiar with Aviation matters.

muandiwambeu
#10759 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:13:45 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

They don’t a fleet which can fly to Mombasa non-stop.

May be for Easyjet since they have already received their A321 LR NEO. But again, Easyjet are already in Africa through Fastjet.

Balala is not familiar with Aviation matters.

Blahablah is not your home town block kid. U just got sucked up. Too much manch blahablah here, it will leave u sick holed, blahblah. Captains giving last rites is not for the faint hearted @arerested.
So many moving parts to know how many u just did actually have lost. Babbage is not quantam yet. But almost there miss Intel.
Ericsson
#10760 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:44:12 PM

Kenya Airways receives final authrorization letter to begin direct flights to the US. Announcement underway at KQ HQs.
US Govt to grant Kenya Airports Authority Ksh 150 Million which will go towards JKIA security & training US Amb to KE Bob Godec