wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<5051525354>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
murchr
#1021 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:08:02 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Nice article there. Dymistifys some myths propagated here.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Afroblk
#1022 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:50:34 AM

Best time to average down for those still holding this baby! KQ should be your long term stock...5 years down the line. Always buy cheap!
Knowledge is contagious...Infect truth!
maka
#1023 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:06:41 AM

I remember asking you guys what happened to Sabena...
possunt quia posse videntur
Gordon Gekko
#1024 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:31:03 PM

maka wrote:
I remember asking you guys what happened to Sabena...

C&P
A HISTORIC AIRLINE IS GONE
After an airline recession and the effects on the airline industry of the terrorist attacks on America on 11th September 2001 all airlines that flew across the Atlantic suffered badly.
Further to this SABENA was owed 84 million by the Swiss airline Swissair. After Swissair stopped operations on 2nd October 2001 and refused to repay the money SABENA was forced to stop flying. They filed for legal protection against their creditors on 3rd October.
This gave SABENA about three weeks to get further financial backing. With most of the main airlines in Europe fighting for passengers in the aftermath of the attack on the USA and on civil aviation SABENA failed to gain the required backing and went into liquidation on 7 November 2001.
maka
#1025 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:43:02 PM

New KQ lounge to be opened tomorrow...

obiero
#1026 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 5:33:36 PM

looks decent

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Kenyan Oracle
#1027 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:37:42 PM

Did the branding of the place. For a traveller, it's a must visit
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
maka
#1028 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:23:33 PM

Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Nice...Applause

Such emails will be a thing of the past...btw they are many...

"Thank you for your e mail below.  I was still overseas when this came, and it has taken me a few days to catch up on my backlog. While writing, I should perhaps mention that I had to take a few flights while in the USA.  These included 2 with American in First Class, 2 with commuter carriers, and one with Delta - your fellow Sky Team member - also in First Class. The American flights exceeded my expectations (which may not have been that high, after previous experiences with them).  Their lounges at New York's La Guardia and Chicago airports were adequate, or even nice in the case of Chicago.  The flight with Delta was fine while in the air, and the crew did try hard.  But they did not offer a drinks service before taking off - the reason being that they were trying to board the economy class passengers quickly.  Fair enough, but I would think this happens every day!  And Delta do not have a lounge for their first class passengers at Denver airport.  I realise that this is not a hub for them, and also that things are done differently in the USA, but Denver is a major commercial city, and I would have thought that First Class passengers travelling to New York's JFK airport would deserve the use of a lounge - mainly so that they could do some work before catching the plane.  So, maybe it is not just Kenya Airways in the Skyteam alliance which has challenges with its service offering!   This was at least as surprising as the two times I have caught KQ flights from Lusaka on the late night flight, only to find that there was no access to a business class lounge. "
VituVingiSana
#1029 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:43:11 PM

maka wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Nice...Applause

"Thank you for your e mail below.  I was still overseas when this came, and it has taken me a few days to catch up on my backlog. While writing, I should perhaps mention that I had to take a few flights while in the USA.  These included 2 with American in First Class, 2 with commuter carriers, and one with Delta - your fellow Sky Team member - also in First Class. The American flights exceeded my expectations (which may not have been that high, after previous experiences with them).  Their lounges at New York's La Guardia and Chicago airports were adequate, or even nice in the case of Chicago.  The flight with Delta was fine while in the air, and the crew did try hard.  But they did not offer a drinks service before taking off - the reason being that they were trying to board the economy class passengers quickly.  Fair enough, but I would think this happens every day!  And Delta do not have a lounge for their first class passengers at Denver airport.  I realise that this is not a hub for them, and also that things are done differently in the USA, but Denver is a major commercial city, and I would have thought that First Class passengers travelling to New York's JFK airport would deserve the use of a lounge - mainly so that they could do some work before catching the plane.  So, maybe it is not just Kenya Airways in the Skyteam alliance which has challenges with its service offering!   This was at least as surprising as the two times I have caught KQ flights from Lusaka on the late night flight, only to find that there was no access to a business class lounge. "

Most of us fly Cattle Class... And don't have Range Rovers to service at RMA but proboxes at Otieno's.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#1030 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:29:22 PM

obiero wrote:
looks decent

VituVingiSana
#1031 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 11:37:11 AM

And then KQ has to deal with these idiots

http://www.the-star.co.k...d-kq-flight-over-lack-id
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gordon Gekko
#1032 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:51:47 PM

Wish this could translate into the bottom line:
http://m.jambonewspot.co...orlds-best-performing%2F
Boris Boyka
#1033 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:56:39 PM

[quote=Gordon Gekko]Wish this could translate into the bottom line:
http://m.jambonewspot.co...rlds-best-performing%2F[/quote]
This PR will bring more business and make riches for current shareholders. @Obiero
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
littledove
#1034 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 8:59:37 AM

it seems bad news are not tired of visiting this counter!! the devil has camped here

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/MP-moves-Motion-to-slash-air-fares/-/539546/2500338/-/kcgwej/-/index.html
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Boris Boyka
#1035 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 9:55:53 AM

littledove wrote:
it seems bad news are not tired of visiting this counter!! the devil has camped here

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/MP-moves-Motion-to-slash-air-fares/-/539546/2500338/-/kcgwej/-/index.html

That would be good news it'll keep kq on toes thus better services at affordable prices and make money for shareholders. Monopoly like business with huge gvt control aren't beneficial to both consumer and shareholder. Again lowering prices doesn't mean losses .......
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
whiteowl
#1036 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 10:10:21 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:
littledove wrote:

That would be good news it'll keep kq on toes thus better services at affordable prices and make money for shareholders. Monopoly like business with huge gvt control aren't beneficial to both consumer and shareholder. Again lowering prices doesn't mean losses .......

Is he suggesting price controls or just allowing more players so that competition brings prices down?
Boris Boyka
#1037 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 10:31:12 AM

whiteowl wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
littledove wrote:

Is he suggesting price controls or just allowing more players so that competition brings prices down?

Of course it's allowing more players ....competition.....better services.......affordable prices.....benefits
“Given that there is no regulatory body in
place to supervise and ensure fair opportunity
for competition by different airlines to ensure
checks on excesses of the airlines; and that a
number of airlines that applied for licences to
operate domestic flights are yet to get
approvals, this House resolves that the
government puts in place measures to fully
liberalise air fares…to make air travel
affordable as a result of fair competition,”
reads the Motion.
Mr Mwinyi reckons that Kenya Airways enjoys
monopoly in Kenya’s airspace, which it uses to
determine fares at will.
The MP argues that the monopoly enjoyed by
KQ has made it difficult for travellers to enjoy
reasonable prices."
kiash
#1038 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 1:37:35 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Nice...Applause

Most of us fly Cattle Class... And don't have Range Rovers to service at RMA but proboxes at Otieno's.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Kuwa mpole, i have actually flown business class with Lufthansa and Swissair and ..... Sorry the only time i flew business was due to overbooking and the guys could not find a seat for me on economy class. Hope @Maka does not work for the govt ama NGO and he is using his own money. But do i say At best, hope its not an invented story told by a friend or imagined by Maka.@Vituvingi take heart, at times wazua might bring you down kidogo when you read such posts, learnt once on facebook when a friend kept changing location i was like wow , this guy is travelling a lot till i learnt you can also change location from the comfort of your home and say you are in Dubai today and tomorrow you are in Bangkok !!
maka
#1039 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 7:15:36 PM

kiash wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Nice...Applause

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Kuwa mpole, i have actually flown business class with Lufthansa and Swissair and ..... Sorry the only time i flew business was due to overbooking and the guys could not find a seat for me on economy class. Hope @Maka does not work for the govt ama NGO and he is using his own money. But do i say At best, hope its not an invented story told by a friend or imagined by Maka.@Vituvingi take heart, at times wazua might bring you down kidogo when you read such posts, learnt once on facebook when a friend kept changing location i was like wow , this guy is travelling a lot till i learnt you can also change location from the comfort of your home and say you are in Dubai today and tomorrow you are in Bangkok !!

Read what I wrote before posting the email...
obiero
#1040 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:35:21 PM

KQ to trade at KES 11 within next 15 days

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45