wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<502503504505506>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Ericsson
#10061 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 9:30:50 AM

obiero wrote:
Seles83 wrote:
The Jambo Jet is a redemption path for KQ, perhaps they can borrow a leave from Air Asia and get a grip of the business... Lots of Capital injection required from government couple with multi billion upgrade of JKIA.

JKIA is a national disgrace especially when you visit other developing countries airports.

It would be interesting to find out which other African airports you are referring to..

Kenya/JKIA shouldn't compare itself with african countries especially East and Central Africa.That is lack of ambition
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#10062 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 9:37:00 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Seles83 wrote:
The Jambo Jet is a redemption path for KQ, perhaps they can borrow a leave from Air Asia and get a grip of the business... Lots of Capital injection required from government couple with multi billion upgrade of JKIA.

JKIA is a national disgrace especially when you visit other developing countries airports.

It would be interesting to find out which other African airports you are referring to..

Kenya/JKIA shouldn't compare itself with african countries especially East and Central Africa. That is lack of ambition
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Let's not get overly ambitious. The Chinese took over a port in Sri Lanka coz SL could not repay the Chinese loan for building a new airport! As is, with SGR, we may have to hand over our port and Mombasa airport to the Chinese!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Seles83
#10063 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 11:20:10 AM

Some countries in Africa are not developing, they are surviving. South and East Asia provides a more realistic blueprint for growth and culture revolution...

I seriously wonder we should our companies pay 30% taxes in Kenya while in US is now 25%. We need to attract Jobs by lowering our taxes and better investor friendly environment. As long as they don't employ overseas workers again..

We need to smarter and have a long thinking in our public policy.

I don't really care about debt as long as it is overly compensated by GDP growth ..
More monies, more problems...
VituVingiSana
#10064 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 12:17:47 PM

Tax Rates, Debt and African countries
https://vimeo.com/52927157

And https://www.theatlantic....the-debt-ceiling/242630/
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#10065 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 3:20:34 PM

Ericsson
#10066 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 3:44:34 PM

maka wrote:
https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/finance-news/2018/02/22/cheap-trick-behind-qantas-profit/

Hapa wazua I see bright brains if employed by KQ can turnaround the airline in quick time
obiero
#10067 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 4:46:06 PM

Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/finance-news/2018/02/22/cheap-trick-behind-qantas-profit/

Hapa wazua I see bright brains if employed by KQ can turnaround the airline in quick time

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
obiero
#10068 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2018 2:13:36 PM

KQ shares should be re-suspended prior to the Open Offer announcement

Ericsson
#10069 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2018 3:31:04 PM

obiero wrote:

Open Offer the chairman said there was no promise to that effect
obiero
#10070 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 7:12:37 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

No promise on the date, but the Open Offer itself
is unavoidable! Wait for 22.06.2018

Spikes
#10071 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 11:26:50 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Don't be married to a stock.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#10072 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:35:27 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Don't be married to a stock.

I'm the last person to be offered such guidance.. We await 22.06.2018

Seles83
#10073 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:50:13 PM

KQ stock is a symptom of Kenyan Economy? What really defines Kenya and makes it stand out? Is it cheap labor? Innovation? Tourism or its strategic importance.

If only Kenya could promote innovation and truly support venture capitalism that could rescue our economy.

We are losing Tourism to Tanzania, our education is slowly becoming a tier system (Private and Public), inequality is shocking and glaring.

Investing in KQ with no intention of making profits for next 10 yrs, along with JKIA upgrade and trade/tax/tariffs reductions can make Kenyan economy roar again.

Asia is now increasingly becoming expensive for business, Kenya can comfortably make a case for FDI inflows with liberalized economy based on forward-thinking.

The Best thing that Kibaki and Uhuru did in Kenya economy is infrastructure building, Electricity and Fibre rollout. Without those, you really don't have any economy to run!!

I am not worried about debt, as long as debt is used in building pillars of future economy!!

Honestly speaking, Kibaki, Uhuru etc...etc.. don't really matter...there are pace makers for truly great leaders to come!! Mark my words...Invest in Africa, and you won't regret in your retirement.

We are the golden generation, the future old monies!!!
obiero
#10074 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 4:46:13 PM

Seles83 wrote:
KQ stock is a symptom of Kenyan Economy? What really defines Kenya and makes it stand out? Is it cheap labor? Innovation? Tourism or its strategic importance.

If only Kenya could promote innovation and truly support venture capitalism that could rescue our economy.

We are losing Tourism to Tanzania, our education is slowly becoming a tier system (Private and Public), inequality is shocking and glaring.

Investing in KQ with no intention of making profits for next 10 yrs, along with JKIA upgrade and trade/tax/tariffs reductions can make Kenyan economy roar again.

Asia is now increasingly becoming expensive for business, Kenya can comfortably make a case for FDI inflows with liberalized economy based on forward-thinking.

The Best thing that Kibaki and Uhuru did in Kenya economy is infrastructure building, Electricity and Fibre rollout. Without those, you really don't have any economy to run!!

I am not worried about debt, as long as debt is used in building pillars of future economy!!

Honestly speaking, Kibaki, Uhuru etc...etc.. don't really matter...there are pace makers for truly great leaders to come!! Mark my words...Invest in Africa, and you won't regret in your retirement.

The Pride of Africa

Ericsson
#10075 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 8:44:07 PM

obiero wrote:
Seles83 wrote:

The Pride of Africa

Africa we have no airlines
maka
#10076 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 9:16:12 PM

whiteowl wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Siringi wrote:
seen @kenyanWallstreet

Today we are at KES 4.50.. @vvs @spikes @sparkly @aguytrying have gone to buy suits waiting for the death of KQ. such saddists

I would not waste a single penny on buying a new suit for KQ's funeral.

what if the gvt forgets kq,it dies a natural death and starts a new gvt airline without any liability with a new name??is it more economical? this is a good way to deal with KLM

There are no gvt bailouts coming. Next year gvt will be busy repaying 700B debt, remaining cash goes to salaries and last to development projects. The only way they can afford bailout cash for struggling firm is to make a 3 Trillion budget n borrow 1 Trillion to plug the deficit.

Ahem ahem...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#10077 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:13:58 AM

maka wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Siringi wrote:
seen @kenyanWallstreet

Today we are at KES 4.50.. @vvs @spikes @sparkly @aguytrying have gone to buy suits waiting for the death of KQ. such saddists

I would not waste a single penny on buying a new suit for KQ's funeral.

what if the gvt forgets kq,it dies a natural death and starts a new gvt airline without any liability with a new name??is it more economical? this is a good way to deal with KLM

There are no gvt bailouts coming. Next year gvt will be busy repaying 700B debt, remaining cash goes to salaries and last to development projects. The only way they can afford bailout cash for struggling firm is to make a 3 Trillion budget n borrow 1 Trillion to plug the deficit.

Ahem ahem...

Cough cough

Seles83
#10078 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:16:39 AM

I own no shares of KQ or any stake in JKIA, but anyone can tell you that Kenya strategic location in Africa, coupled with existence of National Carrier is just a source of growth engines.

Imagine how much Dubai, Abu Thabi and Doha derived their economies from Tourism and transient travellers.

Surely as part of achieving >10% GDP growth, JKIA Expansion and KQ & JamboJet growth is integral to Kenya growth.

The debate around debt is just misplaced, the only worth considering is that is debt growing our economy? If not, we are deep trouble!!

Personally, i think we are not investing enough in infrastructure we need 20 times faster growth, even if it is driven by debt. Kenya population is relatively young and growing really fast, so no lacking in terms of future tax payers!!

Ericsson
#10079 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:39:07 AM

Seles83 wrote:
I own no shares of KQ or any stake in JKIA, but anyone can tell you that Kenya strategic location in Africa, coupled with existence of National Carrier is just a source of growth engines.

Imagine how much Dubai, Abu Thabi and Doha derived their economies from Tourism and transient travellers.

Surely as part of achieving >10% GDP growth, JKIA Expansion and KQ & JamboJet growth is integral to Kenya growth.

The debate around debt is just misplaced, the only worth considering is that is debt growing our economy? If not, we are deep trouble!!

Personally, i think we are not investing enough in infrastructure we need 20 times faster growth, even if it is driven by debt. Kenya population is relatively young and growing really fast, so no lacking in terms of future tax payers!!

KQ should sign a deal with Kenya Railways and hotels in Mombasa.
A tourist arrives through JKIA,taken through SGR to view the wild animals as train traverses through the national park then final destination in a hotel in Mombasa.
Seles83
#10080 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:32:15 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Seles83 wrote:

KQ should sign a deal with Kenya Railways and hotels in Mombasa.
A tourist arrives through JKIA,taken through SGR to view the wild animals as train traverses through the national park then final destination in a hotel in Mombasa.

Actually yes, most airlines actually do that...