wazua Fri, Jul 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
I am voting No
Mpenzi
#81 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:43:41 PM

@Wendz
I am not opposed to Parliament making laws - all am saying is that if we wanted the recall clause so much we shouldnt have left the determination of the relevant grounds to MPs. The same way we didnt leave to Parliament other fundamental provisions that we felt are a must have in the new Constitution.
Theu
#82 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:50:00 PM

Its amazing how Kenyans believe porojo from our so called leaders, how they twist the facts to suit their chosen agenda, how a non-issue becomes an elephant. these are the same leaders who told us that rain does not come from trees but from the sky...sasa wanasema hii katiba inallow abortion, tutapokonywa mashamba... inaondoa cdf, Shame on you .
We are not set for referendum full of lies and rumours.
masukuma
#83 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:02:04 PM

@theu, its not hype. its places of importance it holds in our hearts. @Wendz, i did not say that. Actually the constitution has not mentioned anything to do with the make-up, the numbers, the tenure of most commissions. it just states their function. it does not instruct parliament to do any legislation of the above matters.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#84 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:36:38 PM

I like the line where Ruto argues that the proposed allocation of 15% of the budget to the counties is a reduction in half and that the current constitution allocates 30% of the national budget.

In his arguement in this fiscal year the govt budget was Sh. 700B, 30% allocation to local govt should have been Sh. 210B, if you were to simply divide this by the number of constituencies, then each would get Sh.10B.

May be some one should ask Ruto to tell us how he spent the Sh. 10B in his Eldoret North(or os it south)constituency. Is this the kind of man we want to turn to

Cum'on guys, lets not over analyse issues, lets trust our Doctors to decline to do abortions not because its against the law, but because they have taken an oath to save lives.

Lets also listen to the messages given to us and think about them for a minute;

Muslims have practised their faith with the Kadhi court system for over 1,000 years, it does no harm to us. Lets take cognisance of the fact that sharia laws, which would harm our fundamental rights are not even being contemplated.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
masukuma
#85 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:46:05 PM

@Obi, we have been given the draft to analyse. not to rubber-stamp the will of the two principals.
#86 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:26:46 PM

I think this Ruto thing is a trick by the YES campaigners. People opposed to the draft might just vote yes so as not to vote as Ruto.

BBI will solve it
:)
kyt
#87 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:16:46 PM

i am voting a BIG YES this leaders are now making me vote yes by spreading lies am so pissed off by naomi and kutunyi and to think that kutunyi is a youth MP???? MY GOD!!!
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Wendz
#88 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 6:27:33 AM

Someone wants this process to fail so much as to insert some clauses so that the process seems questionable.... of course whoever put this in is not a church leader, or a human rights activist but a politician... if this document is so bad for the politicians as to want to "scuffle" the process, believe me, it is so good for kenyans by the same measure and i think we should have the same passion to have this constitution... anything good for kenyans is bad for politicians and there is no politician who can pull such a move with interests of kenyans at heart... No wonder they are spreading so lies... unless they are caught between a rock and a hard place.
Soko tele
#89 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 1:49:13 PM

Why am i reading too much assumptions in that post? the 'code' words mean all the negative aspects..... why cant they be used on a positive light... for example, the issue you have brought in on 'reproductive health care?' Does it mean women have no problems with reproduction and need no health care in reproductive issues except abortion?

@Wendz......Why was it so important for COE to insist on reproductive health care while they have mentioned every person has a right to health care?.........43. (1) Every person has the right—
(a) to the highest attainable standard of health, which includes the right to health care services, including reproductive health care;
malimingi
#90 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 2:07:29 PM

Soko tele
True, "reproductive health care" is code for abortion.
sky5
#91 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 3:17:26 PM

'Reproductive health' is defined as:
“a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and...not merely the absence of disease or infirmity, in all matters relating to the reproductive system and its functions and processes. Reproductive health therefore implies that people are able to have a satisfying and safe sex life and that they have the capability to reproduce and the freedom to decide if, when and how often to do so. Implicit in this last condition are the right of men and women to be informed [about] and to have access to safe, effective, affordable and acceptable methods of family planning of their choice, as well as other methods for regulation of fertility which are not against the law, and the right of access to appropriate health-care services that will enable women to go safely through pregnancy and childbirth and provide couples with the best chance of having a healthy infant.”

International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD), held in Cairo Egypt 5th-13th Sept,1994.

But later even experts couldn't agree what it meant. It was open to varied interpretations depending on the interested parties, just like our draft constitution.
Wendz
#92 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 3:28:21 PM

@sokotele

see below links on reproductive health care and what they regard as reproductive health care. Now, where and when did it replace abortion? Someone claimed it is a code word in US - see the illinois website, check he UNFPA, WHO,

http://www.hfs.illinois.gov/mch/reprohealth.html

http://www.unfpa.org/rh/

http://www.wpro.who.int/...cs/reproductive_health/

To be precise on UNFPA definition:

What is Reproductive Health Care?

A comprehensive reproductive health programme might include the following elements as part of primary health care (with appropriate referrals):

* Family planning information and services, including counselling and follow-up, aimed at all couples and individuals;
* prenatal, delivery (including assisted delivery) and post-natal care, with referral for the management of obstetric complications;
* prevention of abortion, management of the consequences of abortion and post-abortion counselling and family planning;
* prevention of reproductive tract infections including sexually transmitted diseases, and treatment of systemic infections;
* prevention of HIV/AIDS;
* prevention of infertility and sub-fecundity;
* routine screening for urinary tract infections, cervical infections, cervical and breast cancer and other women's reproductive health conditions;
* active discouragement of harmful practices such as female genital mutilation.

Now good people, which definition is kenyans using or did we coin our own just for constitution purposes?

Sokotele - hiyo yako ni propaganda tele sokoni(on a light note)
masukuma
#93 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 8:30:31 PM

@People, just appreciate that you were not aborted and thats the reason you are reading this post. appreciate life and don't haphazardly deprive others of it for frivolous reasons of convenience and comfort.
Soko tele
#94 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 10:08:25 AM

Wendz wrote:
@sokotele

see below links on reproductive health care and what they regard as reproductive health care. Now, where and when did it replace abortion? Someone claimed it is a code word in US - see the illinois website, check he UNFPA, WHO,

http://www.hfs.illinois.gov/mch/reprohealth.html

http://www.unfpa.org/rh/

http://www.wpro.who.int/...cs/reproductive_health/

To be precise on UNFPA definition:

What is Reproductive Health Care?

A comprehensive reproductive health programme might include the following elements as part of primary health care (with appropriate referrals):

* Family planning information and services, including counselling and follow-up, aimed at all couples and individuals;
* prenatal, delivery (including assisted delivery) and post-natal care, with referral for the management of obstetric complications;
* prevention of abortion, management of the consequences of abortion and post-abortion counselling and family planning;
* prevention of reproductive tract infections including sexually transmitted diseases, and treatment of systemic infections;
* prevention of HIV/AIDS;
* prevention of infertility and sub-fecundity;
* routine screening for urinary tract infections, cervical infections, cervical and breast cancer and other women's reproductive health conditions;
* active discouragement of harmful practices such as female genital mutilation.

Now good people, which definition is kenyans using or did we coin our own just for constitution purposes?

Sokotele - hiyo yako ni propaganda tele sokoni(on a light note)

@Wendz............What did you carefully and intentionally omit...Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Access to reproductive and sexual health services including family planning: Family planning counseling, pre-natal care, safe delivery and post-natal care, prevention and appropriate treatment of infertility, prevention of abortion and the management of the consequences of abortion, treatment of reproductive tract infections, sexually transmitted diseases and other reproductive health conditions; and education, counseling, as appropriate, on human sexuality, reproductive health and responsible parenthood. Services regarding HIV/AIDS, breast cancer, infertility, delivery, and abortion should be made available. Active discouragement of female genital mutilation (FGM).

Wendz
#95 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 10:23:47 AM

@sokotele

Dont put words in my post... i copy pasted what is also available on the links that i provided! I do not know where you got your information. from where i got from, it did not include what you have put here and hence did not INTENTIONALLY OR UNINTENTIONALLY omit anything. And if you look at my sources, it is not one of those kirinyaga road websites. May be you could be kind enough to give us a link that we can follow to get more information on that. In any case, why would i want to omit it when i dont even support deliberate abortion? I hope you realise that a miscarriage is an unintended abortion of pregnancy and that is what i thought they meant by the line i put in bold.

And to tell you the magnitude of the lack of reproductive healthcare in Kenya and especially for the not-so-well-to-do, I have a lady who lost her sister in law at Pumwani when giving birth last Thursday night. The baby survived but could not pull it through and passed away yesterday morning. We are meeting for preparations of burial of the two of them. And all this, was because of lack of serious medical attention coz she was kept waiting for hours during labour. I thought that is what reproductive healthcare should be addressing?
malimingi
#96 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 10:27:39 AM

@Wendz

You should not mix the notions of 'reproductive health care' (captured in the links you have given which are concerned about health per se and not human rights) and 'reproductive health care rights' (found in the language of human rights activists campaigning for the right to abortion). when one brings in the issue of rights that is when one wonders into the realm of the 'right to abortion'.

The draft constitution in essence provides for 'the right to reproductive health care' which is code for the 'right to abortion. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion

"Generally, the pro-life position argues that a human fetus is a human being with the right to live making abortion tantamount to murder. The pro-choice position argues that a woman has certain reproductive rights, especially the choice whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term."

See also:

Reproductive rights are human rights:

http://reproductiveright...-rights-are-human-rights
Soko tele
#97 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 11:05:33 AM

Wendz wrote:
@sokotele

Dont put words in my post... i copy pasted what is also available on the links that i provided! I do not know where you got your information. from where i got from, it did not include what you have put here and hence did not INTENTIONALLY OR UNINTENTIONALLY omit anything. And if you look at my sources, it is not one of those kirinyaga road websites. May be you could be kind enough to give us a link that we can follow to get more information on that. In any case, why would i want to omit it when i dont even support deliberate abortion? I hope you realise that a miscarriage is an unintended abortion of pregnancy and that is what i thought they meant by the line i put in bold.

And to tell you the magnitude of the lack of reproductive healthcare in Kenya and especially for the not-so-well-to-do, I have a lady who lost her sister in law at Pumwani when giving birth last Thursday night. The baby survived but could not pull it through and passed away yesterday morning. We are meeting for preparations of burial of the two of them. And all this, was because of lack of serious medical attention coz she was kept waiting for hours during labour. I thought that is what reproductive healthcare should be addressing?

@Wendz...........i have no intention of potraying you in anyway that might harm your public/SK standing. If i did,that was not my intention.

I agree with you that alot of women have health issues that they need addressed and educated about them. I also think that we need to invest a significant of our resouces (both capital and himan) to overcome these challenges. My only worry is how the constitution has phrased the right to health care then continue to insist about reproductive health. Isn't reproductive health part of health care??????

malimingi
#98 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:22:14 PM

@Wendz

UNFPA Pushes Reproductive Rights in United Nations Treaties to Promote Abortion

New York, NY (LifeNews.com) -- This week, abortion advocates the Center for Reproductive Rights (CRR) and Amnesty International (AI) are teaming up with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) to host the "first-ever" briefings on "reproductive rights" for the committees responsible for monitoring compliance with the Convention Against Torture (CAT) and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR).

According to the CRR website, the briefing with the UN Committee against Torture (CAT) will focus on "reproductive rights violations" such "denial of reproductive healthcare services, including abortion and post-abortion care."

More on:

http://www.lifenews.com/int1534.html
muganda
#99 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:22:23 PM

muganda wrote:
TWO GUARDS AT THE GATE ARE VOTING NO
Guard One: Me I come from far away. We've been opressed for too long and they're saying ati we have to go sijui where to get our land. Ni mbaya tuiangushe hii kitu.

Guard Two: Ni chafu. Ule mtu anachafuanga amesha chafua. Na nimesema NO.

Spoke to two new guards today - one is undecided and the other Yes

Guard Three: "Hii kitu haijawai nisaidia baada ya miaka thelathini. Ningeamua tuibadilishe lakini wale watu ambao wamesaidiwa, na ile ya zamani, wanakataa hii mpya. Kwa hivyo nimechanganyikiwa - sijui."

Guard Four: "Nimesema Yes. Kutoka enzi nilipokua kijana nimeskia mambo ya katiba mara nne. Na kila mara tunaiangusha. Nimechoka, sitaki kuharibu tena."