wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<3456>
Subaru owners stop buying River Road parts...
wilyum
#81 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:38:36 PM

seppuku wrote:
Toxicity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Thanks @Swenani. I'll try that.

Carry enough money though. A xenon headlamp for a forester is 210K at Japan motors

Pole kwa hayo seppuku but i think there is a subaru parts offer sometimes soon maybe you could get one then?

By whom? Subaru Kenya? When, do you know?

check #SUBARUFEST 30th nov 2013 carrni
bird_man
#82 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:45:40 PM

seppuku wrote:
Stra wrote:
In meantime is there a clever way of protecting the grill?

Kufunga na nyororo. Ask well Wish-ers.

Enda uweke riveting at any garage on the pluckable grill parts & subaru sign.The thugs will damage it all before they can pluck it off.Riveting=1k or less.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Siringi
#83 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 12:48:46 PM

Mechanics in the house Hizo ni nini? and what is life expectancy ?
Some vehicles you drive until they're written off and you never get to hear of stuff like these

"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Swenani
#84 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 2:59:02 PM

Siringi wrote:
Some vehicles you drive until they're written off and you never get to hear of stuff like these

Mimi sio mechanic but nashuku ni mambo ya timing belt and belt tensioner
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
seppuku
#85 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:22:04 PM

Swenani wrote:
Siringi wrote:

41k sounds pricey. I did mine at Subaru Kenya for 35k some months back. Na sio ya offer.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
seppuku
#86 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:26:04 PM

Swenani wrote:
Siringi wrote:

The timing system manages when the valves open and close to let air in or out. On most cars it lasts for 100,000km, after which time it must be replaced. Cars that use chains instead of belts mostly never need to have them replaced.

The danger if it is not replaced is that the belt can snap, causing engine seizure. That is very expensive to repair. Sometimes more expensive than buying a new engine.

PS: I am not a mech either.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
AlphDoti
#87 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 7:28:52 PM

seppuku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Siringi wrote:

The timing system manages when the valves open and close to let air in or out. On most cars it lasts for 100,000km, after which time it must be replaced. Cars that use chains instead of belts mostly never need to have them replaced.

The danger if it is not replaced is that the belt can snap, causing engine seizure. That is very expensive to repair. Sometimes more expensive than buying a new engine.

It's true what @seppuku has said. I've a friend whose Mitsubishi IO cut the timing belt. He had to replace the whole engine! I need to examine mine before things snap!
Toxicity
#88 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:35:21 PM

bird_man wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Stra wrote:

Enda uweke riveting at any garage on the pluckable grill parts & subaru sign.The thugs will damage it all before they can pluck it off.Riveting=1k or less.

Seppuku RIVETS??? utaweka???
update president set president = speaker where president is null
seppuku
#89 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:38:26 AM

Toxicity wrote:
bird_man wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Stra wrote:

Seppuku RIVETS??? utaweka???

Sounds like a pragmatic thing to do, especially after someone quoted KES 13,000 for a replacement yesterday. The alternative is to sell the damn car and buy an old Volvo from the 90's, then the street thieves won't ever have a chance with me. smile
seppuku
#90 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:40:18 AM

Swenani wrote:
Kwanini wrote:
@seppuku- the last time i handled a forester xenon headlamp it was 70k not 210k... ; halogen is 4ok.. watu waache uvumi!

Call them on this line and report back
Japan motors
Tel: +254-202355040
Mobile: 0722518908

Btw we have two types of forester headlamps ile iko na bulb moja na ya bulb mbili

with 40K you cannot even get a headlamp for a GG2 1500cc from Ambani(subatech-0722749381).You need between 45-50K and its halogen

These lines went unanswered and they never called back.
jaggernaut
#91 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:38:12 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Siringi wrote:

It's true what @seppuku has said. I've a friend whose Mitsubishi IO cut the timing belt. He had to replace the whole engine! I need to examine mine before things snap!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timing_belt_%28camshaft%29

Swenani
#92 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:16:37 AM

seppuku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Kwanini wrote:
@seppuku- the last time i handled a forester xenon headlamp it was 70k not 210k... ; halogen is 4ok.. watu waache uvumi!

Japan motors

Btw we have two types of forester headlamps ile iko na bulb moja na ya bulb mbili

with 40K you cannot even get a headlamp for a GG2 1500cc from Ambani(subatech-0722749381).You need between 45-50K and its halogen

For subatech you really have to call 3-4 times before they pick
jaggernaut
#93 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:03:16 AM

Swenani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Kwanini wrote:

Japan motors

Who runs a business like that, with that kind of customer service? Yaani, a customer has to plead with them, beg, call 4X etc to see if they can be served?
Rankaz13
#94 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:11:40 AM

jaggernaut wrote:
Swenani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Kwanini wrote:

Japan motors

Who runs a business like that, with that kind of customer service? Yaani, a customer has to plead with them, beg, call 4X etc to see if they can be served?

d'oh! d'oh! Kenyans?Sad
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
seppuku
#95 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:33:39 AM

jaggernaut wrote:
Swenani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Kwanini wrote:

Japan motors

Even I wonder? These lines are for Japan Motors though, right? Or are you saying they are unlikely to be different from Subatech?
bird_man
#96 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:33:59 AM

Why would you beg for service like that?Buy the parts at Subaru Kenya when they have offers & pelekea any kawaida Subaru mech.No need to beg anyone.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Swenani
#97 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:49:28 AM

seppuku wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
Swenani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Kwanini wrote:

Japan motors

with 40K you cannot even get a headlamp for a GG2 1500cc from Ambani(subatech-0722749381)[/color].You need between 45-50K and its halogen

For subatech you really have to call [color=red]3-4 times before they pick

Even I wonder? These lines are for Japan Motors though, right? Or are you saying they are unlikely to be different from Subatech?

Japan motors are different from subatech.The lines in red are for Japan motors the ones in blue are for subatech.

Its not begging.For Ambani the sales person at the counter is also the one picking the calls hence s/he cannot cut customer short to pick a call.They dont have a dedicated customer care person

And for subatech you dont have to go there with you car to identify a part.Just note your chassis number and they will find it for you
Siringi
#98 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 5:55:11 AM

#SubaruFest2013
you Subaru heads was there no?
was trending jana on my TL
Siringi
#99 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 6:14:33 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
Now they are plucking off the front grill?
You know why, right? Because they now have a market, Subaru owners are now buying second-hand (90% stolen from other owners)!!!

~~~when you thought the above was bad
now hii ni hujuma tunaomba sirkal

qooler
#100 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 10:12:52 AM

Siringi wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Now they are plucking off the front grill?
You know why, right? Because they now have a market, Subaru owners are now buying second-hand (90% stolen from other owners)!!!

~~~when you thought the above was bad
now hii ni hujuma tunaomba sirkal