wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
ZUKU starts a price war?
muganda
#61 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:51:52 AM

Just read that Access attained their target of 3,200 home users 1/2 months ahead of schedule. Remember saying somewhere that Access Kenya know how the business works hands down.

But @blackthought's feedback very informative - may create some opportunity for someone.
inf8nity
#62 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:56:20 AM

muganda wrote:
Just read that Access attained their target of 3,200 home users 1/2 months ahead of schedule. Remember saying somewhere that Access Kenya know how the business works hands down.

But @blackthought's feedback very informative - may create some opportunity for someone.

@muganda and you surely can't grow that first if you are not the real deal esp. if your price is high too.Laughing out loudly
blackthought
#63 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:40:08 AM

inf8nity wrote:
AmHere wrote:
What a wicked turn of events. Maybe @inf8nity can shed light.

Blackthought its true access outsource the installation to 3rd party companies.
I think the main reason for your delay is probably many people did subscribe for Access@Home because of the free installation offer!
And the Installation guys are still very few! I totally agree that sucks! There is never a free lunchLaughing out loudly

@inf*nity, it's not about "...a free Lunch" in this case, i have paid for the darned Lunch...But i can't even smell the food yet!!! HEHE!!!!

But surely, i guess its the sub-contractors i have the real issue with. Why can't access just have a better system in place? They would do much better if they handle the entire process by themselves, or at least they should have a more 'hands-on' approach when dealing with their contractors, for instance they can have one of the access guys out in the field with them to oversee some of these issues.

But im still sticking it out with them!

Hey inf*nity, please let us know how you got your free lunch!!!!Laughing out loudly
blackthought
#64 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:53:26 AM

Just for the record, I think access is one of the best options out there! But a few things need to change asap!

Anyone who thinks inf*nity either works, or, has some financial interests (shares, etc) or even (cough, "other undisclosed interests", cough)Drool in access kenya please reply to my post!

Hehe!, any comments inf*nity?

HAHA!!!

inf8nity
#65 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:02:00 AM

blackthought wrote:
@muganda and you surely can't grow that first if you are not the real deal esp. if your price is high too.Laughing out loudly

Just for the record, I think access is one of the best options out there! But a few things need to change asap!

Anyone who thinks inf*nity either works, or, has some financial interests (shares, etc) or even (cough, "other undisclosed interests", cough)Drool in access kenya please reply to my post!

Hehe!, any comments inf*nity?

HAHA!!!

[/quote]
Hehehe! i have 100,452 Access Kenya Shares. So the more people subscribe for access at home the higher my dividends will be in the long run.Laughing out loudly

About the free lunch Blackthought I really paid dearly 12,500 for installation.
Then the Installation guys said that i needed 6 m pole to receive good signal so i had to cough up 7,500 more!(najua walinikula but..) That's my definition of free lunch.Laughing out loudly
blackthought
#66 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:31:47 AM

@inf*nity, Interesting...(those were the sub-contractors, right?) i think that's the problem with the sub-contractors---they are always looking for the "side-deal" This is why access Kenya should be more involved in this process, instead of just throwing us to the dogs! to be eaten up!

I will ask them to send one of their *own* tech teams instead!

Walikukula! but with all those shares in access kenya, you have already broken even, now you are eating the Lunch money of all the other "new kids" hehe!!! its a cycle of evil!!!!Applause
inf8nity
#67 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:44:13 AM

blackthought wrote:
@inf*nity, Interesting...(those were the sub-contractors, right?) i think that's the problem with the sub-contractors---they are always looking for the "side-deal" This is why access Kenya should be more involved in this process, instead of just throwing us to the dogs! to be eaten up!

I will ask them to send one of their *own* tech teams instead!

Yeah the sub-contractors kwanza most of their sub-contractors are DSTV installation guys.

You kno the mistake i made was doing the survey like 3 months prior to installation so they came up with stories ati miti zimemea! And i'm thinking si as time goes by miti zinakatwa?d'oh!

Sasa wewe be vigilant wasikutole excuse kama hii. hehe!

blackthought wrote:

Walikukula! but with all those shares in access kenya, you have already broken even, now you are eating the Lunch money of all the other "new kids" hehe!!! its a cycle of evil!!!!Applause

Sasa I'm enjoying the lunch money za new kids on the block kama blackthought! I wish they install haraka nieanze kula profitLaughing out loudly
AmHere
#68 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:44:14 AM

blackthought wrote:

Don't know much about Tangerine...@AmHere, any info on them? do you use them (Honestly?)

I have used Safcom and Zain.

Safcom has reasonable speed and good coverage but the cost can be suicidal for high data users.

As for Zain, let us just say I would willingly participate in any forum that can organize a 'weka tyre' session at their HQ. You will realize cheap is expensive especially if you are engaged in online biashara.

As I had mentioned, my assessment of Tangerine is based on a couple of people I have talked to as well as a conversation I had with them. Have a pal I went to high school with who works there and relied on for the inside story. Hopefully he is right Pray

I am a medium-to-heavy data user so consider that when assessing my views.
blackthought
#69 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:10:54 AM

@Inf*nity, you have hit the nail on the head! i too have a story to tell...(lakini nina ogopa to post it now) its quite interesting! i call it their "Mode of operation" they are con men with ladders! those sub-contractors may just make access kenya lose customers!

It is a shame, we are still subjected to these con games!

Wakenya msi lale..lale..lale (x2)..bado mapambano, mapambano!!!!!
blackthought
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 06, 2010 12:58:50 PM

Till now...nothing!!!!!

How long shall i suffer?Sad

No more words to say!

Peace
blackthought
#71 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 1:10:59 PM

Installation not possible...now chasing for my refund. Another loong and winding process, no feedback from these guys since they decided that installation won't be done! No one has emailed me to give me the procedure of getting my money back!

All i have gotten is silence for a while! silence..and more silence.Shame on you

NO.FEEDBACK.NO

THIS IS KENYA!!! These things are common place!

I hope i get my cash back asap!Pray

inf8nity
#72 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 2:54:21 PM

Blackthought now does that mean you won't contribute to my dividends?Sad
blackthought
#73 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 3:03:47 PM

inf8nity wrote:
Blackthought now does that mean you won't contribute to my dividends?Sad

@inf*nity, it is beyond me now, i would have gladly contributed to your dividends! But i think here is something you should air during the next shareholders meeting (esp. the top dogs like you with the HUMONGOUS shares smile eh?).

And i will gladly re-visit AK and top up your wallet! hehe!

BTW, which other solution would you recommend? need one asap!

PS: here is a tip to becoming the a successful ISP..(3C's)--"Coverage, Coverage, Coverage" He who masters this and comes up with great packages giving value for money, He will conquer the Kenyan ISP market!