Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<23456>»
KCB or Equity Bank?
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#61 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 4:29:04 PM

hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
Almost traded sub 37. Last time we were here was in July 2013. 3 years worth of gains now washed down the drain.
The stock hit a high of 65.50 in April 2015.

That is so volatile. How come equity has been less volatile, yet their profits and growth have been similar. Is it the impending rights issue causing jitters

Equity is not far behind if that support also caves in, which I expect to happen then those holding brit will be singing in the rain come year end! For KCB I think that rights issue has spooked weak hands in the current bear. I also questioned why a rights issue now, which @VVS explained. But it's a confidence bashing moving and likely the reason it's bleeding more than EQTY.

Correct. KCB's constant rights issues are a cause for concern. Why pay a decent cash div then after 3 years or so come back to the same people for the same cash?
Mpesa and member have been stingy on that front until 2 years ago when they upped their div yield.
Again, member and KCB are not competitors in the strict sense of that word. Member certainly doesnt operate in the same space as KCB though the latter is the largest bank by profitability ATM.
Member competes with Safaricom and is known to be more innovative that the slow KCB as well as having a better return on Equity.
These 2 (Mpesa and member) also have a captive audience and have the advantage of the too big to fail tag behind them.
@SufficientlyP
Aguytrying
#62 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 6:30:41 PM

hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Almost traded sub 37. Last time we were here was in July 2013. 3 years worth of gains now washed down the drain.

That is so volatile. How come equity has been less volatile, yet their profits and growth have been similar. Is it the impending rights issue causing jitters

Equity is not far behind if that support also caves in, which I expect to happen then those holding brit will be singing in the rain come year end! For KCB I think that rights issue has spooked weak hands in the current bear. I also questioned why a rights issue now, which @VVS explained. But it's a confidence bashing moving and likely the reason it's bleeding more than EQTY.

Correct. KCB's constant rights issues are a cause for concern. Why pay a decent cash div then after 3 years or so come back to the same people for the same cash?
Mpesa and member have been stingy on that front until 2 years ago when they upped their div yield.
Again, member and KCB are not competitors in the strict sense of that word. Member certainly doesnt operate in the same space as KCB though the latter is the largest bank by profitability ATM.
Member competes with Safaricom and is known to be more innovative that the slow KCB as well as having a better return on Equity.
These 2 (Mpesa and member) also have a captive audience and have the advantage of the too big to fail tag behind them.

Due to the charge of the bear, I'll wait and see how equity behaves in the coming months as I look for entry.
If kcb sinks, equity is sure to follow
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mlennyma
#63 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 6:37:55 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Due to the charge of the bear, I'll wait and see how equity behaves in the coming months as I look for entry.

How possible is it elder for a company talking of a rights and another not thinking of that to behave the same??
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Aguytrying
#64 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2016 9:54:06 AM

mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

How possible is it elder for a company talking of a rights and another not thinking of that to behave the same??

Kcb was at 40.00 way before rights was even mentioned. So it dropped from 65 to 40.00.

Equity only dropped from 50 to 38-40. During the same period.

This is the less volatility I'm talking about.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ebenyo
#65 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2016 2:45:23 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Kcb was at 40.00 way before rights was even mentioned. So it dropped from 65 to 40.00.

Its understandable that the forthcoming rights issue is thus affecting kcb price.Whats affecting equity?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Aguytrying
#66 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2016 8:07:48 PM

@Ebenyo. The bear and macro economic factors
Ebenyo
#67 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2016 8:57:20 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

thanks Aguy.Let it come down kabisa halafu niongeze ingine!
Aguytrying
#68 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2016 10:41:57 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

thanks Aguy.Let it come down kabisa halafu niongeze ingine!

I'm Also waiting for it. It's a good stock
mkate_nusu
#69 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2016 4:31:31 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Its understandable that the forthcoming rights issue is thus affecting kcb price.Whats affecting equity?

Memba below 36 niko ndani
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Angelica _ann
#70 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:20:43 PM

3 years down the line, looks like things are tuff for both smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Horton
#71 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:53:54 PM

Im into KCB at an average price of 28.25. Thats my only stock for now. I still have a few targets in mond. But im not one for diversification.
sparkly
#72 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 10:36:33 AM

Horton wrote:
Im into KCB at an average price of 28.25. Thats my only stock for now. I still have a few targets in mond. But im not one for diversification.

Aren't you in Cytonn also...
Life is short. Live passionately.
Horton
#73 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 10:46:54 AM

sparkly wrote:
Horton wrote:

Aren't you in Cytonn also...

Thats not listed as a "stock" is it?
Horton
#74 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 10:51:56 AM

Look at the demand for KCB 1.27m shares at 30/- 😳
mlennyma
#75 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 11:00:59 AM

Horton wrote:

lifting the cap anticipated
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Horton
#76 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 11:04:26 AM

mlennyma wrote:
Horton wrote:

lifting the cap anticipated

Orite that makes sense
hisah
#77 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 3:29:12 PM

Someone sold their gold to buy a telecommunications firm in KE. That gold that was sold has reported first decline in profits in a decade! That gold is still in my golden handcuffs list! The market talks clearly, but few get the message smile

In the next rotation cycle simba will outperform member unlike in the past decade.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Ericsson
#78 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 4:56:40 PM

hisah wrote:
Someone sold their gold to buy a telecommunications firm in KE. That gold that was sold has reported first decline in profits in a decade! That gold is still in my golden handcuffs list! The market talks clearly, but few get the message smile

In the next rotation cycle simba will outperform member unlike in the past decade.

Hellios Investments sold their stake in gold (Equity Bank) to buy a telecommunications firm in KE (Telkom Kenya)
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ebenyo
#79 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 5:35:05 PM

Ericsson wrote:
hisah wrote:

Hellios Investments sold their stake in gold (Equity Bank) to buy a telecommunications firm in KE (Telkom Kenya)

That was not a good move for them

Horton
#80 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 5:40:11 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
hisah wrote:

That was not a good move for them

Remains to be seen. Helios are pretty sharp