Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

60 Pages«<23456>»
Estimated 71 Billion Barrels...
hisah
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:21:02 AM

Mainat wrote:
Bought at $1.28 now trading $1.72. Cheers Hisah

There still room for loads of money to be made smile
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Mainat
#62 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:24:26 AM

hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:

Undoubtedly, just recognising. Its not every year, I get an easy money tip.
Sehemu ndio nyumba
hisah
#63 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 8:08:17 AM

Mainat wrote:
hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:

I can see biz daily finally catches up...

http://bit.ly/zAVKEL

Also fish around Total plc & Total KE...

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
youcan'tstopusnow
#64 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 11:11:37 PM

GE upgrades Nairobi to regional hub

General Electric Co, the largest US conglomerate, has upgraded its Nairobi office to a regional hub to serve its sub-Saharan Africa business.

It joins a string of multinationals including Bharti Airtel, Nestle, Heineken and Coca-Cola that has set their regional shops in Kenya thanks to the location of Nairobi and ease of getting skilled employees for their operations.

The firm also operates in Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon, Rwanda Ethiopia, Zambia, Senegal and Equatorial Guinea and has 1,200 staff on the continent.

“We are long term investors, I saw these trends in Brazil and China some two decades ago — this is the time to invest in Africa,” Mr Jeffrey Immelt, the group chief executive at GE in Nairobi said in reference to the increased investor interest in the continent.

http://www.businessdaily...0/-/koc01w/-/index.html

GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Aguytrying
#65 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:25:07 PM

Wow. This is mindblowing stuff. May this thread never die. I'm happy i live in africa.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
hisah
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:17:22 PM

70 storey building coming next to you for the crème de la crème. How many will believe this smile
Aguytrying
#67 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:01:34 PM

hisah wrote:
70 storey building coming next to you for the crème de la crème. How many will believe this smile

i've done some digging on total, africa oil, tullow activities in the past one year. Its actually a mad rush, to find the oil with the experts all singing from the same hymn book. What a time to be in east africa. How can i tap into this potential find, by buying the well breast fed baby?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
hisah
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:18:27 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:

i've done some digging on total, africa oil, tullow activities in the past one year. Its actually a mad rush, to find the oil with the experts all singing from the same hymn book. What a time to be in east africa. How can i tap into this potential find, by buying the well breast fed baby?

The best gains are from those that are getting bought out or boosted...
tuvok
#69 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:08:32 PM

Any simple (101 type) instructions how to invest in this?
hisah
#70 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:36:45 PM

tuvok wrote:
Any simple (101 type) instructions how to invest in this?

Follow the larger oil players acquisition moves.
hisah
#71 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:39:14 PM

Mainat wrote:
hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:

Now trading $1.90 (49% up for mainat). I expect it to zoom to $2.70 by year end or even higher if the announcement is made this year. Keep following the Lundin group.

http://www.africaoilcorp.com/s/Home.asp

I'm also seeing interesting moves in Madagascar-Mozambique channels.

Right now tracking - Andarko Petroleum and Cove energy on their Mozambique exploits. BP's proven gas reserves are less than the Andarko's estimated discovery.
Mainat
#72 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:13:33 PM

hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:
hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:

Now trading $1.90 (49% up for mainat). I expect it to zoom to $2.70 by year end or even higher if the announcement is made this year. Keep following the Lundin group.

http://www.africaoilcorp.com/s/Home.asp

I'm also seeing interesting moves in Madagascar-Mozambique channels.

Right now tracking - Andarko Petroleum and Cove energy on their Mozambique exploits. BP's proven gas reserves are less than the Andarko's estimated discovery.

Another longhold for me. Hopefully exit when its gets bought out or my sons enter Uni.
Sehemu ndio nyumba
hisah
#73 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 11:22:06 PM

Keep watching the EA oily games... Do the skeptics still think all these oil majors lining up for a piece of action are investing in guess work... Wait until the 70 floor building comes up smile

Quote:
Tullow's find in Uganda is attracting other explorers to the region.About 14 companies including Anadarko, Vancouver- based Vanoil Energy Ltd. and Afren have signed 26 production- sharing agreements with Kenya, the country's Petroleum Commissioner Martin Heya said in August.

"The early indications we have in the rift basin is that they are
generally oil prone," said Africa Oil Chief Executive Officer Keith
Hill. Royal Dutch Shell Plc and Amoco Corp., now part of BP Plc,
drilled wells in Kenya and recovered oil in the early 1990s, according
to Hill.

The partners last month started drilling the Ngamia-1 well in Kenya's Block 10BB, part of a plan for two wells in Kenya and one in Ethiopia this year. It will take at least 60 days to drill and the rig will then move to spud the Paipai-1 well in Block 10A in the second quarter. It will be "a multi-year exploration program," Tullow Chief Operating Officer Paul McDade said.

Premier Oil Plc and partners including BG Group Plc and Cove Energy
Plc are exploring off Kenya and hoping that gas discoveries made to
the south in Tanzania and Mozambique are stretching into their waters.

In Kenyan "deeper-water offshore we are convinced it will be gas if it works," said Premier CEO Simon Lockett. "But in the shallow section there is a potential for oil."

Tullow Seen Beating Peers With $30 Billion Africa Find --> http://www.sfgate.com/cg...LYGHC41A1I4I01-LZJSC.DTL
drzhivago
#74 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:47:16 AM

too much activity on this one ...

http://allafrica.com/stories/201202101200.html

... please share on how we can get in before its unaffordable
Aguytrying
#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:50:08 AM

@hisah. It looks like its just a matter of time, i need to get a slice of this pie before its too late
hisah
#76 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:07:02 PM

@mainat - how do you trade the intl stocks from KE? Maybe you could help @aguy and drzhivago.
harrydre
#77 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:22:00 PM

All we do as Waafrica is talk talk talk. We will wait till international companies start mining then we start crying exploitation yet these deposits have been here for decades and nobody is doing sh*t about it. Where are our so called engineers and investors?
i.am.back!!!!
Mainat
#78 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:35:21 PM

Saxomarkets would be your best bet as recommended by various. I've always had a TD account which gives access to North America/European stocks which I opened in Rondon.
Sehemu ndio nyumba
harrydre
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:53:57 AM

in the coming 10-20 years, the bulk of Energy source will no longer be oil. So cash in now if you can.
i.am.back!!!!
hisah
#80 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:50:12 AM

harrydre wrote:
in the coming 10-20 years, the bulk of Energy source will no longer be oil. So cash in now if you can.

Just to pick ur thots, what are the alternative and are you playing them? Why are oil majors now more interested with natural gas?